It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama Continues His 100 Years Of War Attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

btw how do i get it to let me post the video?

And wake up america obama is a lier.....HOPE.......his campain header.. what he need's is a memory therapist.
can't even rember he started the slander . tisk tisk

now now meradith tha'ts just not accurate you can pull up my quote's on youtube......barrack hussain obama say's lol

As The mastercard commercial say's...................Some thing's money can't buy PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 10-4-2008 by beforetime]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by beforetime
now now meradith tha'ts just not accurate you can pull up my quote's on youtube...

That's not what he says. He says, "Now, now, Meridith that's just not accurate you can pull up THE quotes on YouTube..." Meaning the John McCain quotes, where he talks about how it's fine with him if we stay in Iraq for 100 years. You obviously haven't seen it.

And notice, at the end of the video YOU posted, Obama starts to say what McCain said, but conveniently, the tape is cut off. This is totally bogus.

What's the lie? Here, as Obama suggests, I've pulled up the John McCain quote on YouTube... It's not slander if it's true! LOL

John McCain - 100 Years would be fine with me

[edit on 10-4-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
What's the lie?

I couldnt' follow the OP. But if you want a lie .. here ya' go ...

tw.youtube.com...

First Obama was saying (more than once) that John MCCain would be fine if the WAR took 100 years.

Then when he got called on it ... Obama switched what he said and claimed that he never said McCain wanted 'war'.

But the fact is .. that's exactly what Obama said. WAR.

However, the McCain quote was that it was alright with him if we had a 'presence' in the region and he also said 'as long as Americans weren't being harmed'.

That's not war.

Obama lied and is now covering.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Then when he got called on it ... Obama switched what he said and claimed that he never said McCain wanted 'war'.

Show me where Obama claims that he never said McCain wanted war.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I’m not sure that I’m following what you want to see.

HERE you have quotes on how Obama first said that McCain wanted a 100 year war. Here also you have quotes that show Obama first said that McCain wanted a 100 year war.

And now is changing it to - “ (according to McCain)… we’d have a permanent occupation in Iraq. And it’s certainly different from saying we would have a high level of combat troops inside Iraq for a decade or two decades or, as John McCain said, perhaps 100 years.”

And here Obama is now saying that McCain said – “…John McCain believes that America should spend trillions of dollars on a permanent occupation of Iraq … “

Obama (and Hillary) both claimed that McCain wanted a 100 year war. Now that he’s being called on it, Obama changes his McCain quote to ‘occupation for 100 years’ and denies that he even said ‘100 year war’. At least that claim is what is coming across on the video.

Obama needs to admit that he misrepresented McCain.
It won't happen of course. Politicians rarely admit they were wrong.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I’m not sure that I’m following what you want to see.

Show me where Obama said that he never said McCain wanted 'war'.

Show me where Obama said, "I never said McCain wanted war."

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

"I never said McCain wanted war."

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!
Sorry ... I really was trying to understand.
It's not your fault that I didn't get it. It was mine.

Okay - Youtube
This youtube comes as close to that as we are going to get. He was confronted with 'you said John McCain wanted a 100 year war'. And Obama answered 'that isn't accurate and we can pull up the YouTubes'.

He didn't say - "I never said ....'

When confronted with the fact that he said 'you said John McCain wanted a 100 year war' he said 'That isn't accurate'.

But it was accurate. And it's the same thing as saying 'I never said'. IMHO.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

When confronted with the fact that he said 'you said John McCain wanted a 100 year war' he said 'That isn't accurate'.

Without the full video (which is conveniently chopped off at the end when Obama goes on to explain) we cannot say WHAT in Meridith's paragraph he was responding to.

Meridith: Frank Rich wrote, "Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton should be ashamed of themselves for libeling John McCain. In fact, Senator McCain never said he wanted 100 more years of war. He just felt American troops should be a long term presence, the way they are in Japan and S. Korea. So, Are you willing to admit that you have distorted his statements"?

Obama: No. That's not accurate, Meridith.

What's not accurate?
That Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton should be ashamed of themselves?
That they libeled John McCain?
That Senator McCain never said he wanted 100 more years of war?
That he felt American troops should be a long term presence?
OR That Obama had distorted his statements?

And where the above video was cut off? Here's the rest of it. It makes clear that Obama was responding to "Are you willing to admit that you have distorted his statements"

And Barack is answering No, he's NOT willing to say that he distorted McCain's statement. That's what is not accurate.

The text from the explanation that's cut off:

Obama: "What John McCain was saying was, that he is happy to have a potential long-term occupation in Iraq. "Happy" may be over-stating it, but he is willing to have a long-term occupation of Iraq. As long as 100 years, in fact, he said 10, 000 years. However long it took, that was his argument..."

In the McCain video, the audience member says. "President Bush has talked about our staying in Iraq for 50 years."

And John McCain says, "Make it 100"

And if we're there, there's going to be war. McCain is trying to say that we could have a presence there for 10,000 years as long as nobody gets hurt and Americans would be all right with that. BS! For one thing, I'm not all right with that and I'm an American. For another thing, if we're there, there's going to be people getting hurt. It's a freaking war zone. We cannot be in the middle of a war zone and pretend we're not at war.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Without the full video ... we cannot say WHAT in Meridith's paragraph he was responding to.

Well ... I think it's clear ... but I can see where you could say it isn't.

And if we're there, there's going to be war. ..... It's a freaking war zone. We cannot be in the middle of a war zone and pretend we're not at war.

Actually we can ... and we have been for 60 years.

Japan was a war zone when we set up shop there at the end of WWII. (I was stationed there in the 1980s). There hasn't been war since. Yes, there were some hold outs that took potshots at the Americans for few years, but there was no war. It even ended up being very good for the Japanese economy so it could recover from the war (that they started) faster.

Germany ... same exact thing.

Korea ... technically we are still at war in Korea. It's only a truce. It's a war zone. It's tense. But we are definately pretending that we are not at war and the peace is being kept.

These are the examples that he's giving as to what kind of presence he'd want there. I don't know if that part of the world could have something like this. Iraq is different than Korea. But it is very similar to Saudi Arabia and we have had bases there. Sure there were terrorist attacks, but we still had bases and personnel there. No 'war'.

(although I consider this entire War On Terror to be World War III - that's my own opinion)

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I don't remember anyone up in arms when virtually every republican candidate said Ron Paul believes the USA is to blame for the 9/11 attacks. I guess it's okay to misrepresent people when the people you're misrepresenting aren't mainstream politicians. That's cool.

I don't remember anyone up in arms when Giuliani said Mitt Romney runs a sanctuary mansion after finding out that one of the landscapers was an illegal alien. I guess it's okay to misrepresent people when the people you're misrepresenting aren't mainstream christians. That's cool.

John McCain has an increasingly "busy" track record of saying the wrong thing. I don't believe he wants there to be war in Iraq for 100 years. I heard the original quote from McCain when it was being said and while I didn't get the impression he wanted to be at war for 100 years, i did get the impression that he would like to maintain a presence.

I simply don't agree. I don't want to maintain a presence, keep spending money we don't have. We've got Iraq by the arm and we're dragging them to "freedom" whether they want it or not. I don't want to be in Iraq for FIVE years, let alone another 100.

The bottom line is that McCain is fine with troop presence around the world, infact he thinks it's a good thing. Barack doesn't feel that way. We can spend the rest of the campaign arguing about whether or not McCain said "war" or "presence" but it's a moot point. McCain wants to be in Iraq, the American people do not.

new topics

top topics

join