It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens and God

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
If we were one day able to communicate with aliens and exchange variuos amounts of information with each other, wouldn't the topic of religion be an interesting topic to bring up. Wouldn't it be weird to see wat their religion, if it exists, is based on. If they dont have religion wouldnt that put a twist on our religion in terms of relating our world to the bible and not recieving any understanding of how alien life formed. Does religion explain how aliens came to be on their planet and did they have to abide by the same or similar obligations?......

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I would imagine they would also have a large variety of religions

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I think they would have the same questions about GOD that we do.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   
It's a great possibility (depending on their form of procreation) that alien civilizations would have some form of religious believe although that's simply conjecture. We may never know until there is solid contact.

[Edited on 2-25-2004 by Preest]

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I think some of them are christians and belive in the same God as we (christins do) or jews, and muslims and their own religions

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Well, since religion here on earth is based on ufology and extraterrestrials. I believe they would be able to tell us all about it, and how we maybe got confused.??

Ever read Chariots of the Gods?

I don't claim to know, just putting out there what seems like a more probable situation.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673
I think some of them are christians and belive in the same God as we (christins do) or jews, and muslims and their own religions

Why would aliens be Christians? Was Jesus abducted?

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Heck Jesus could have been one of them, or at least part alien. Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Jesus could have also been a donut baker sent back in time by the government too...could have seems to be an important part of peoples fantastic theories when they prefer to ignore more logical and realistic facts.

It's extremely doubtful aliens will be Christians. Or Muslims.

Chariot of the Gods was cover to cover one of the biggest books of cow dung ever. Interesting fiction...but fiction nonetheless.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
It's funny how some people are ignorant enough to believe the JC story and then rip on other peoples ideas. I think it shows how they are brainwashed by weak relgions that convince them to fork over their money by the ship loads. Logical facts? Like what? An angel of God came down and got Marry pregnant? She either cheated on her man and lied about it or the angel could have been some kind of alien. That seems a lot more likely to anyone who's willing to think on their own rather tha be brainwashed and weak. Read the Bible, a lot of fishy stuff in it and we have been given lowsy interpretations of it.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
only got one thing to say i saw many things and read many books but the story which mades more sense is the serie STARGATE . it mades more sense then religious group say.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
If everything about the christian religion is true, then maybe the aliens might have the same beliefs as we do. Maybe Jesus went to other planets and taught what he taught here?

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Could be, if Christianity is true than everyone and everything should hear about it. I don't know if I believe it but I'm glad that it works for a lot of people. At the same time I bite my tongue as I say that because what a dangerous lie it could all be to get people of the true path of their own salvation. I tend to think that Christianity is a lie, but man if I am wrong am I screwed
That's also how they try to get you, out of fear of being wrong and burning in hell. There would still be many lessons to learn in it if it were wrong. I do think that Jesus was an amazing person and worthy of study no matter what he was. I think that the most important thing about religion is each individual finding what works well for them.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I am an abductee. I have had the rare chance to communicate with them (Greys, in this case) about God. They call God the "PRIME MOVER OF THE UNIVERSE". They do believe in the existence of a higher power. They DO NOT understand our desire to WORSHIP God. They just say, "What is...is." In other words, God is just another entity, but more powerful, who does not need to be worshipped.
(Their words, not mine. Remember, I am just the messenger.)

new topics

top topics

join