It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alligator Blood: A cure?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
A new research based on theories and studies has found that alligator blood could actually be a cure for diseases that have plagued humanity for years. Through the article it seems our blood only fights off eight bacterial infections, while these reptiles fight off twenty-three.

"These alligators tend to get into tussles and fights," says Lancia Darville, a researcher at Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge and a study co-author. "They have torn limbs and scratches that are exposed to all of this bacteria in the water."

I know most of us like to stay clean, but somehow find a way of getting sick. Not that I would roll around in the mud to see, but I will take their word for it. Dogs lick their wounds to keep their injury clean from infection using their saliva, while we simply suck on our finger when we cut ourselves with a piece of paper. I doubt we could survive bacteria infested waters like alligators, so I am interested to discover if their blood really has something to do with it. Maybe we can even get rid of hereditary diseases such as diabetes.

www.usatoday.com...?se=yahoorefer

join