It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detained AP photographer granted amnesty by Iraqi panel after 2 years in US custody

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Detained AP photographer granted amnesty by Iraqi panel after 2 years in US custody

www.ap.org

An Iraqi judicial committee has dismissed terrorism-related allegations against Associated Press photographer Bilal Hussein and ordered him released nearly two years after he was detained by the U.S. military.

Hussein, 36, remained in custody Wednesday at Camp Cropper, a U.S. detention facility near Baghdad's airport.

A decision by a four-judge panel said Hussein's case falls under a new amnesty law. It ordered Iraqi courts to "cease legal proceedings"....
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I have been following this story, and it seems to me like its about time that this man is released. Over and over charges have been discussed against Hussein, but nothing formal has been lodged against him in the over two years he has spent in the custody of the US Army in Iraq.

My personal opinion is the man has been a political prisoner and the objective for detaining him has now been met. But will he finally gain his release?

www.ap.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

join