It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TheVagaBond...Where are you?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Has there been a change-over of leadership in the Debates forum? I'm asking because I haven't heard from/about Vaga in ages. I hope he's alright.

This is without a doubt, the longest time, I've seen VagaBond NOT post to the Debate threads.

Alot of the debators have wrapped up their debates for a while, and haven't heard whether we lost/won our matches.

Would someone PLEASE tell me what's happening in this regard?

A lot of us have been patient, and ALOT of us want to commence competing with each other.

Please don't let the Debate forums die off.

Much Respects,

~Ducky~

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
How on earth is that relevant to this thread?

Hmmm...the post above has vanished...lol

Back on topic...I would suspect that some real-life issues have cropped up.

If that is the case, I hope it's all okay and if there's anything anyone can do to help, I'm sure we will.

edit to add bit about post vanishing

[edit on 9-4-2008 by more_serotonin_pls]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by more_serotonin_pls

That's what I'm wondering too. If things have cropped up, and the debate forum is on hiatus at the moment?

~Ducky~

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Hmm. Vag hasn't been on ATS since April 4th. Did he give any clue that'd he'd be away for a week or so?

Does anyone have his private email address? Intrepid? Springer? Beuller?

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuning Spork

Hmm. Vag hasn't been on ATS since April 4th. Did he give any clue that'd he'd be away for a week or so?

As far as I've seen, there hasn't been any indication of him taking a sabatical. I know that everyone needs time away, not a problem there folks, yet I haven't heard of anyone taking up the reins in his place either.

What ever is going on behind the scenes, remains to be scene, HOWEVER, it's nice when people throw a bone or two out, to let us ALL, know whats going on.

Vaga IS an important part of our structure here on ATS, I personally very much appreciate his efforts/talents here. I'm sure that can be said, of the same, by many members.

~Ducky~

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
TheVagabond has been offline for times longer than this. Nobody has replaced him as Debate-Forums-Master, nor is this planned.

Please keep in mind that Moderator jobs are voluntary and that nobody is obliged to come online at certain times.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

Hi Duckster,

There is a rumor going 'round that he was out testing the ATS AntiGrav sport model (withOUT my permission AGAIN) and has been temporarily sent into an alternate dimension filled with fine, Bavarian Monk hand made ales and he may not return.

Of course we all know how rumors are round here so imagine, and certainly hope, he is just busy with RL projects and will return when he can.

No worries that we know of at least.

Springer...

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Mark, my hon, what will prevail, or rather 'who' will prevail' from this point on, where 'debating issues' are concerned?

Who is taking the place of Vaga?

~Ducky~

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Something has transpired.

It remains to be seen...as to the what

~Ducky~

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I have high hopes that he'll be able to return this weekend.

I'm sure whatever he's doing is more important than these debates, though.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

Hmm...just what I thought.

In other words....NOTHING FOLKS

~Ducky~

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Has Vega dissapeared?

Where is he?

~Ducky~

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Dude,

you've lost me now in terms of what you're getting at or expect.

As people have said - being a mod is something which can't come in the way of RL.

Give him a break, eh?

He'll be here when he can. There's really no issue here. Just sit tight and be patient, that's all that's asked of you.

[edit on 9-4-2008 by more_serotonin_pls]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I'm NOT a dude.

~Ducky~

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   

m_s_p,

Ducky is concerned because there are debates that have concluded and the debators have been waiting for well over a week for the results. It's unlike The Vagabond not to post at such a juncture without so much as a "I'm real busy now, will check in within 36 hours".

Now, I'm not usually one to assume the worst (though I do sometimes think the worst), I can understand Ducky's concern.

Years ago there was a regular caller to WFAN in New York named "Vinnie from Queens". He was a rabid Yankees fan. Very astute. A FAN/fan favorite. Then he stopped calling.

After a while people began to ask, "Hey, where's Vinnie from Queens? You all right there, Vin?" Someone who knew him heard this and called the station. Turns out Vinnie had recently been killed in a traffic accident.

So, while I understand your point, m_s_p, about not bugging the guy, keep in mind that it's no small beans to hold up the entire forum without so much as a single word about it for a whole week.

Again, I'm not assume the worst or trying to be alarmist. Just trying to add some context.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuning Spork

Ducky is concerned because there are debates that have concluded and the debators have been waiting for well over a week for the results. It's unlike The Vagabond not to post at such a juncture without so much as a "I'm real busy now, will check in within 36 hours".

Thankyou. That's exactly what I'm saying!

~Ducky~

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Ducky it's going to be alright. Vag will return in time and get right on assigning moderator judges for the debates right away. I am a little impatient for our debate to conclude but I am sure that real life is right now for Vag more important and needs his attention.

Real life sucks like that you know.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
A solution is being worked on folks.

I assure you the staff is not ignoring this and we're working something out to make sure everyone will be satisfied.

Thanks for understanding.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

Thankyou DJ!

~Ducky~

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

Thanks Djarums.

It's killing us not to know, but at the same time, I want to be patient for vags. Hope he's just too busy and nothings wrong.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join