It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Designs 'Who Killed Barack Obama?' T-Shirts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Israeli Designs 'Who Killed Barack Obama?' T-Shirts

http:

Doron Braunshtein, an Israeli fashion designer and owner of the Apollo Braun fashion boutique in New York, decided to capitalize on this sensational Obama story by creating his own line of T-shirts bearing the logo “Who killed Obama?”

In creating this controversial clothing line, the designer had hoped to wed the political and fashion scenes, and comment on various societal phenomenon surrounding the heated election campaign. The “who shot Obama?” slogan is a throw back to popular 80’s TV show, Dallas, which featured the immortal line “who shot J.R.?”

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Eesh...Does this guy know something we don't? I know after the Texas event where they stopped screening the Obama crowd for weapons, I certainly was worried for the guy...But this is a little tasteless IMHO...

The story received massive media coverage on TV, internet websites and in the US press. Photographers swooped on Braunshtein’s store hoping for a shot of the damning shirts and hoodies.

Since everyone truly has their 15 minutes of fame, suffice it to say that all the Obama shirts very quickly sold out. Braunshtein had to quickly produce fresh stocks of the coveted T-shirts, sported by youngsters all throughout New York.

Not all has been rosy for Braunshtein, however. Ironically, the shirts have lead to numerous death threats against the designer and a multitude of angry phone calls to his store and home. Braunshtein’s boutique window has also been spray painted and vandalized by people enraged by his clothing line. Conversely, many see these shirts as a defiant statement decrying American preoccupation with skin color as part of the presidential campaign, as well as the looming threats on Senator Obama’s life.

http:
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
People will do anything for a dollar anymore, as this tasteless shirt demonstrates. I think the vandalisms and death threats would be enough to show it's a bad idea..

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Of all people DD, I figured you'd do a search before posting this

Since it was kind of in the past tense, I didn't put it in Breaking News... I thought I put it in Current Events, but apparently not.

www.abovepolitics.com...

I know after the Texas event where they stopped screening the Obama crowd for weapons

Yikes!

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by RabbitChaser

Ah shoot, sorry rc! I basically went all up and down the first two pages of THIS forum, but didn't search politics. Sorry about that.

top topics

join