It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let More Iraqis In Says Lawyer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Let More Iraqis In Says Lawyer

www.news.com.au

MANY other Iraqis deserve to be accepted as refugees in Australia other than those the army wants to bring with it when it withdraws from the country, a human rights lawyer says.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I am iraqi i came as a refuuge long time ago in the 1990s so others should be allowed because it isent very safe in iraq for them @least show them some nice new country to them and help them its the lest goverments could do knowing the hell thay been through in IRAQ!

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Update!

The offer of permanent residence, announced by the Federal Government last night, will be extended to all so-called locally engaged employees and their families.

Defence Minister Joel Fitzgibbon said he expected up to 600 visas would be issued

Lawyer Greg Barns said today there were many other Iraqis in difficulty around the world who deserved to be considered.

"There's a huge Iraqi refugee problem around the world who've been displaced by the war in Iraq and a lot of those people I think would be dismayed that their applications to come to Australia are taking much longer than those who stayed and have helped the Australian army," he said on ABC radio.

Source

new topics

join