It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about adoption records...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Was wondering if anyone can help. Because I dont even know where to begin.

I was adopted directly from birth. I am 22 years, I love my parents and will never ever call someone else (biological or not) mom or dad.

However, I think as a human being, meeting your biological parents should be pursued.

Because of family health history and to basically know where you come from and an idea where you are going to better prepare for life.

Where do I start? Should I hire a P.I. ($$$) should I call the hospital?

Any info you can give me would be great.

:bnghd:

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Have you asked your adoptive parents to disclose the details of your adoption?

That might be a good place to start.

Good luck on your quest.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
First off, where do you live? There are different laws for different places.
I found my birth family 3 years ago.I too was adopted at birth. Turns out my parents got married after giving me up, and had two more kids.
Anyhoo, I had my adoption information, such as my legal name at birth, and where I was born. I put my info on a website here in Ontario Canada, run by a woman and her husband, whom all they do is reunite people.
It took about 3 years, but My mother registered as well, and we were connected. That was indeed, the phone call of a lifetime. My mother, and a full blood sister and brother. I'll never forget it, and I talk to my mom quite often actually. Both my adoptive parents had passed on when I was your age.So it is natural for me to call her Mom.
If you live in Canada, not sure of anywhere else, you can ask the agency you were placed from for your non-identifying information about your birth parents.
Here is a link to the website I found my mother on..
www.canadianadopteesregistry.org...

Good Luck to you.

new topics

join