It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The U.N. Plan for UFO Disclosure and the International Year of Astronomy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
The United Nations has designated the year 2009 as the International Year of Astronomy. Whether this was purposeful or just a coincidence, it lines up perfectly with their alleged plan to encourage disclosure of information about the UFO phenomenon next year. After one or more meetings and briefings on the subject were allegedly held in February of this year, I made a number of inquiries and have been astonished at the results.

for the rest of the story please follow the link.

www.opednews.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I wouldn't get too excited.. It says: astronomy and "related fields." It's more likely the related fields are astrophysics, cosmology, etc. The only keywords of significance I see are "their alleged plan to encourage disclosure."

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Surley, if there was nothing to disclose then why would the U.N.encourage disclosure of ufos.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Found this link too, quite interesting.

www.ufodigest.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
To disclose anything they would have to genuinely investigate - possibly an opening of a UN-sponsored project Bluebook as a starting point?

This may dampen any suspicions regarding prior awareness of the phenomena and put to bed once and for all this issue.

Otherwise, the wording of the text does not really say anything other than what it is saying - just take it for face value and see what comes, eh?

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Well it's worth keeping an eye on, see if it comes to anything

[edit on 9-4-2008 by orby1976]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
What will happen I think is another project Blue Book with similar findings if they do take a look at the UFO subject matter in order to please the status quo. The rumors you hear from certain notable names in Ufology are of course tabloid bunk. When it doesn't happen they will have an excuse then move onto the next set of made up bunk.

new topics

top topics

join