It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Confusing Economy, Explained

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
www.npr.org...

, 2008 · Perplexed by the U.S. economy? You're not alone. Law professor Michael Greenberger joins Fresh Air to explain the sub-prime mortgage crisis, credit defaults, the shaky future of other types of loans and what we can expect from the U.S. financial markets.

This radio interview really had me understand why and how it can get much much worse than it is now.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
it doesn't explain it anywhere near as well as the 2 excellent uk comedians john bird and john fortune can do.

click here to see their short sketch on the subprime mortgage problem.

click here to read the transcript of it

[edit on 8-4-2008 by justyc]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by justyc
it doesn't explain it anywhere near as well as the 2 excellent uk comedians john bird and john fortune can do.

click here to see their short sketch on the subprime mortgage problem.

click here to read the transcript of it

[edit on 8-4-2008 by justyc]

Why the links provided are very funny, but the radio interview in its entirety explains why the market is the way it is now. Derivitives being un regulated and betting that the market will do this way or that way, like a sports bet. Unregulated. Hope you get to hear the whole interview and get mad .

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I understand it takes awhile to listen to the whole broadcast and does really explain what is taking place. Did you know that the congress knows all this and has failed to explain it to the people who put them in office?. This is a conspiracy. Please listen.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by zman

While it's happened to me many times, I'd be wary about accepting any financial explanation that causes you a sense of stress. Economic 'stop-think' was invented in 1913 when the Fed was privatived. It is a religious vocabulary promoting the idolatry that gain = debt. It defines wealth as the most debt you own. It creates financial (physical) slavery. If you want to understand there's only one book you need to read, and it's free, and it's online:Eustace Mullin’s
www.fdrs.org...

All of our financial depressions are recessions are intentionally created, then rationalized by pundits. It's called economic warfare. There is no logic to it because it is based on 'interest-bearing' loans, credit, mortgages, which the U.S. Constitution forbids, it forbids a privately-owned central bank. It mandates a publicly owned central bank. Hence the great financial coup of 1913 by Bank of England's shareholders, is called 'the Fed'.

I also feel my following posts would be helpful to you, although you might want to read the above book first in order to understand why I say that.
My first post, go here, see No. 1.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Mind Control Protection & counter-measures for ATS folks.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

London mind-controls American citizens & sucks
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by counterterrorist
reply to post by zman

While it's happened to me many times, I'd be wary about accepting any financial explanation that causes you a sense of stress.

I understand allot of your posting. I understand travistock, and allot of what you are saying. Its nice to meet someone who in my mind has it right on. But to future developements we see that the person who is interviewed was apart of the team so to speak. And tells us plainly and nothing about it in the main stream media. Tells of a time when we used to get this type of information from fire side chats. But no more. All the controls they have in place and yet we still get the truth. I really like the web bot predictions on what is coming next. Its a no brainer that there has been no replies to this post regarding there finacial means ahead. Sleep deprived , media slaved, and wholly brainwashed to accept. Your a good man my friend for educating the masses that listen.

new topics

top topics

join