It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boeing design NEW 747-8 in russia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
seattletimes.nwsource.com...

Boeing will limit its hiring of local engineers for design of the 747-8, the new derivative of its iconic jumbo jet, and give a major role to engineers at Boeing's Moscow Design Center and at outside suppliers.

So , Boeing , that all-american company , is hiring red russian engineers to design its all new aircraft.

oh how ironic given there arguement that the KC-767` is an all american tanker....

[edit on 7/4/08 by Harlequin]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Considering it is supposed to be flying late 2008/early 2009 and EIS late 2009, I'm thinking now isn't the time to be designing it....

The first 747-8 should be in pre-assembly round about now if we aren't to expect any delays in its production.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Theres a number of issues with the aircraft - it will need type certifying , boeing wanted it as a variant of the 74 family - FAA said no its new so needs a full test, and orders have been really slow

www.flightglobal.com...

and

en.wikipedia.org...

80 freighters and 20 of the passenger aircraft does not bode well for a new flag carrier type.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
Theres a number of issues with the aircraft - it will need type certifying , boeing wanted it as a variant of the 74 family - FAA said no its new so needs a full test, and orders have been really slow

www.flightglobal.com...

and

en.wikipedia.org...

80 freighters and 20 of the passenger aircraft does not bode well for a new flag carrier type.

Get ready for a great launch of the century, the wheels will come off and it will have to find a ski resort to land, welcome to the world of disposable consumer goods.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   
www.flightglobal.com...

Ross Bogue, 747-8 vice-president and general manager, says that in the wake of the A380 delay, several airlines postponed purchase decisions for 747-200 and 747-400 replacements.

and now boeing blames

airbus for the sales *issues* (some would say failure) of the 747-8I

and thius cracks me up

He also believes that the 525-seat A380 and the 461-seat 747-8I should not be viewed by the market as competitive aircraft types. Rather, he says, the 747-8I occupies a standalone niche in the ultra-long range widebody market.

they are the same market - or will service the same market , so airlines will buy more seats

top topics

join