It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rise of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
i did a ats search on this topic and found none.

i believe this cooperation organization is gaining in strength and power and a "look" further into its real agenda.

www.cfr.org...

What is the SCO position on the U.S. presence in the region? SCO members say U.S. bases in the region, established in the wake of 9/11, were not meant to be permanent and were only installed to assist the U.S.-led war in Afghanistan. China and Russia have chafed at the U.S. military presence in Central Asia, an energy-rich region both consider within their sphere of influence. After uprisings in Ukraine, Georgia, and Kyrgyzstan unseated leaders loyal to the Kremlin, Russia views the U.S. presence in the post-Soviet region, including the eastward expansion of NATO and its growing presence in Afghanistan, with increasing suspicion. Many in Moscow argue these so-called color revolutions were the work of U.S.-funded nongovernmental organizations. Beijing sees the U.S. military presence along its western border as part of Washington's strategy to contain China, experts say
www.cfr.org...

www.sectsco.org...

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Gee ... hope they don't expect a prize or anything --- for stating the bleeding obvious ?

In fact, it's tempting to believe they've been asleep. It took them this long to figure it out ?

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
www.globalsecurity.org...

i remember reading some year back, "the East is asleep, whoo be unto the world when she is awaken." I thought it meant the Middle East but i have sense changed my mind.

www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   

15 Behold, I will bring a nation against you from afar, O house of Israel,” says the LORD. “ It is a mighty nation, It is an ancient nation, A nation whose language you do not know, Nor can you understand what they say. 16 Their quiver is like an open tomb; They are all mighty men. 17 And they shall eat up your harvest and your bread, Which your sons and daughters should eat. They shall eat up your flocks and your herds; They shall eat up your vines and your fig trees; They shall destroy your fortified cities, In which you trust, with the sword.
www.biblegateway.com...

i feel we are going to be invaded by SCO.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
i started this thread last year and have felt china gaining in power or the shanghai cooperation organization initially formed to counter-balance united nations and nato. the us tried to join but was rejected now The Great Dragon Awakens: China Challenges American Hegemony

Control a vast portion of the Eurasian landmass.
*Contain huge population centers.
*Command large armies equipped with state-of-the-art weaponry (ICBMs, fighter jets, satellites, strategic bombers and fleets of tanks).
*Possess massive reserves of natural resources (oil, gas, uranium, metals and fresh water).
*Own important industrial plants.
*Have accumulated some of the largest amounts of foreign currency reserves.

Can convince other countries to join their organization as full members like India, Pakistan, Mongolia, Iran, Turkmenistan, Belarus, a post-Yuschchenko Ukraine, Armenia, Syria, etc.
Not long ago, US forces were expelled by fellow SCO member Uzbekistan from the Karshi-Khanabd air base (a.k.a. K2), located in its territory. Tashkent strengthened its links with both Beijing and Moscow after a presumably US-masterminded ‘Color Revolution’ backfired and ultimately failed to produce regime change in that Central Asian republic.

China has also tried to court other neighboring States through an intensification of trade flows. For example, South Korea, although it still hosts a large number of American troops, has implemented a foreign policy carefully crafted not to irritate China. Seoul knows that Beijing, through its leverage and influence on Pyongyang, holds one of the most important keys to an eventual Korean reunification and that China is a force that can contribute to (geo)political stability and offer interesting business opportunities in East Asia.
www.globalresearch.ca...

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
although this thread did not receive much review i felt it necessary to give an update and hope those on ats take note and i believe with all my being we will be invaded by china and russia.

At its fifth and watershed summit in the capital of Kazakhstan, Astana, in June of 2005, when representatives of India, Iran, Mongolia and Pakistan attended an SCO summit for the first time, the president of the country hosting the summit, Nursultan Nazarbayev, greeted the guests in words that had never before been used in any context: "The leaders of the states sitting at this negotiation table are representatives of half of humanity.” [1] "The contours of an alliance of five non-Western civilizations – Russian, Chinese, Muslim, Hindu, and Buddhist – began to materialize." [2] "The quadrangle of the new global entity – Brazil, Russia, China, and India – is already taking shape....The above and certain other formations are related to the SCO." [3] "It may become the second political pole of the world." [4] During the 2007 summit the SCO discussed establishing a "unified energy market" and then Russian president Vladimir Putin stated, "I am convinced that energy dialogue, integration of our national energy concepts, and the creation of an energy club will set out the priorities for further cooperation." [5) “The projects on the establishment of a unified energy market and the SCO common transport corridor could become bright examples of the global approach to defining the forms and mechanisms of cooperation.” [6] "According to Brzezinski’s theory, control of the Eurasian landmass is the key to global domination and control of Central Asia is the key to control of the Eurasian landmass....Russia and China have been paying attention to Brzezinski’s theory, since they formed the Shanghai Cooperation Organization in 2001, ostensibly to curb extremism in the region and enhance border security, but most probably with the real objective of counterbalancing the activities of the United States and NATO in Central Asia." [7]
www.globalresearch.ca...

all the power seems to have shifted to the east.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by musselwhite

eh,er, You seem to be in here all by yourself??? To bad. The SCO is gaining in strength. Now You should go check out N.A.M., ALBA, CA-4, and a couple other smaller ones. There are two New World Orders possible at present. One by the old repressive NWO/illuminati, and the rest mentioned above; which are gaining in strength, and numbers.

S&F

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

i was alone in 2008; w/the exception of you, my friend, 2009. i googled those organizations and am having a wee bit of a problem.....would you be so kind and provide some links? i will continue to search; however.

new topics

top topics

join