It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little children labeled as sexual harassers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Report from Washington Post: WASHINGTON - In his seven years, Randy Castro has been an aspiring soccer player, an accomplished Lego architect and a Royal Ranger at his Pentecostal church. He also, according to his elementary school record, sexually harassed a first-grade classmate.

During recess at his Woodbridge school one day in November, when he was 6, he said, he smacked the classmate's bottom. The girl told the teacher. The teacher took Randy to the principal, who told him such behavior was inappropriate. School officials wrote an incident report calling it "Sexual Touching Against Student, Offensive," which will remain on his student record permanently.

Randy is only one of many children to be dealt with harshly as schools across the country grapple with enforcing new zero-tolerance sexual harassment policies and the fear of litigation

Here is the link to the full article: MSNBC

[edit on 3-4-2008 by schism85]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Was a 6yr old boy really sexually harrassing another student? Is a 6yr old boy capable of sexual harassment? I don't think so. I mean come on, I really don't think this boy got anything sexual out of slaping his classmates rear end. And aparently, this is not an isolated situation. Little kids from all over the U.S. are being labeled as sexual harassers in their permenant school records. What is wrong with these teachers? Could these accusations, in their school records, really affect these childrens lives in a long-term sense?

[edit on 3-4-2008 by schism85]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Blame society for the actions like these of children this young, being exposed to all the media which is dripping in sexuality. But at these young ages, it's simply a "monkey see, monkey do" type of thing. The children certainly know nothing of the context in which their actions are associated. It is simply ridiculous to label such incidents as "sexual harassment" or "innappropriate touching."

Just one more prime example of the loss of "common sense" in this country.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by RabbitChaser

I agree it is monkey see monkey do. This kid had no sexual intent, rather just following what he's sees others do. It's driven into his psyche that this behavior is normal. And the teachers or whoever dare to label him as a sexual harasser! Now thats just being stupid.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by RabbitChaser
Blame society for the actions like these of children this young, being exposed to all the media which is dripping in sexuality. But at these young ages, it's simply a "monkey see, monkey do" type of thing. The children certainly know nothing of the context in which their actions are associated. It is simply ridiculous to label such incidents as "sexual harassment" or "innappropriate touching."

Just one more prime example of the loss of "common sense" in this country.

i agree that this is definitely not sexual harassment. but i also dont think the media or modern society's portrayal of sex has ANYTHING to do with this. look at europe.
are you telling me you never did things like this as a child? kids are curious, and theyve always done stupid insignificant things like this. since the dawn of time im sure. well, im nearly sure.

he slapped an ass. its not a huge deal. plus, he's 6. has he really been exposed to THAT much sexually provocative television? spending the time with my niece and nephew i know that they basically only ever watch cartoons and kids shows. and there isnt anything shown on there thats out of the ordinary.

[edit on 3-4-2008 by ViolaCard]

[edit on 3-4-2008 by ViolaCard]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ViolaCard

I'll agree with your comments as well. Now...

... who are the real "sexual harassers"?

"The School Crotch Inspector
Fighting the Advil menace, one strip search at a time"
Jacob Sullum | April 2, 2008
reason.com...

Often helps to add the link

[edit on 4/3/2008 by RabbitChaser]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by RabbitChaser

Wow, I 've never seen that story. Unbelievable!!

Whats even worse the story reads:"It also includes two judges on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit, who last fall ruled that the strip search did not violate Savana's Fourth Amendment rights."

What a pair of perverted, jerk-off judges. How could they say that wasn't a violation of her rights!?!? What idiots. They do not deserve to be judges.

new topics

top topics

join