It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-NATO protesters abused in Romania during the summit

page: 1

join
share:
sty

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Anti-NATO protesters abused in Romania during the summit

english.hotnews.ro

100 Romanian Police officers broke into the building and checked everyone's identity to secure the area. Without a legal ground, some people were picked up and sent to the police headquarters.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.ziua.ro

sty

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Romanian police takes it too serious. According to the Romanian press (the link above is the only one I could find in English ) , around 50 anti-nato protesters were arrested , chained , threatened and beatten with no legal reason. Police agrees that the arrested people did not commit any illegal act! So if you want a taste of how a police state will be (very soon) just go to Romania with an anti-nato sign and walk around in Bucharest.

english.hotnews.ro
(visit the link for the full news article)

sty

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
more info - 50 anti-nato protesters actually rented a hall inside a factory . They were watching anti-war movies. more than 100 police special agents broke in the building , arrested and abused (beating) the protesters (mixed nationalities). The protesters where beaten while in the building and also during transportation, in the bus. Some where threaten with killing by the special forces. At the moment, just wearing an anti-nato slogan in Bucharest will put you strigt away on the terrist suspect list!

[edit on 3-4-2008 by sty]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Very sad, I live in Romania, I wanted to go out with a baner and join the group but gave up when I saw on a local tv station how bad some of those protesters were beaten up.
Even more I can tell you the summit was quiet because they denied entry from the borders to those that were found to have on them anti nato baners , signs, badges , t-shirts and so on.
The curent goverment that is in place is pathetic, and pro ass kissing , that is pro Bush ass kissing, they would not let this happen, all this just for dear leader Bush so he would not have to see protests against him and his agenda.

To go with thread

This is how this guy ended up after police had punched him in the face just for protesting.

sty

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
very peaceful NATO summit ! with the price of paranoic level of security and Stalin like implementation of the force.. welcome to the NWO where you are not allowed to have a different point of view!

top topics

join