It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New God Every Aeon?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but the gospel doesn't give that picture. The church has brought about that picture. The Catholic Church even ignores Jesus' brothers and say Mary was a virgin all her life. Then what about James, Jude and all the others? This kind of chasticy has it's roots with Paul, who cunningly enough taught Christians to ignore the Law of Moses and stay away from having sex. That way the Pharicee double agent Paul had accomplished his mission, to infiltrate early Christendom, get into power, to rid them out of the synagogues and even Christ's own Kingdom of Heaven, and at the same time make it so that they atleast didn't multiply and hopefully they would die out within a generation.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sway33
Since Osiris was dead, a spell was cast to impregnate Isis.

I thought Isis reclaimed all the scattered parts of her husband's body, except the penis, then used a spell to piece Osiris back together and bring him to life. She fashioned a new penis and then was impregnated.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Indeed. That's how it happened. At least it was what I figured when I researched Egyptian texts some time back. If anyone bears recemblance with Jesus in Egypt, it is Osiris.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by thestatue
okay a few points first the reason all these mythologies seems soooo similar to the story of Jesus is because demons knew he was coming so they constructed with their rise to godhood stories and acted them out for their alleged prophets to do just this throw people off from the truth

Wow! I mean, I appreciate your input to this thread, but this is one of the craziest things I've read here on ATS. Are you honestly telling me that when faced with the condemning fact that all kinds of ancient cultures have idols who compare to Jesus, you would rather believe that demons are responsible for pre-empting and sabotaging than just accept that Christianity is a relative newcomer to the world?

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Isaiah 19:25 The Lord Almighty will bless them, saying, "Blessed be Egypt my people, Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel my inheritance."

Don't forget, God is the Lord of all cultures, nations and empires.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic
Don't forget, God is the Lord of all cultures, nations and empires.

I'd prefer to 'forget' that if you don't mind. He is not my god and he is not the god of my forefathers either. Nor yours I might add. It's a shame when people of Heathen heritage forget how many of their ancestors were slaughtered, and how many of their sacred places desecrated in the name of a foreign entity.

[edit on 8/4/2008 by Cythraul]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Demons are a manifestation of religion. And you are speaking it sounds like from your own beliefs, not facts of any nature. Anyway even if demons did magically construct these stories for us, that still means all religion came from the same set of stories, and it gives no credit to whoever you believe is God. Just a thought, no offense meant to anyones beliefs.

uh no dude you see you say that from you beliefs i don't say this from MY belief i say this from the truth that demon didnt just magically make all these stories they played out these events to the masses much like you would go watch a movie that had flubs or whatever word you would use IE the biggest one lately 10000 B.C. the use of mammoths to build the pyramids or older in the movie gladiator showing marcus arilieus killed by his son who also swooned his own sister this is not how it was in real life back then just like there never was a horus or a zeus but demons came into the lives of man and made it seem that way came here and acted out huge battles or what ever thay wanted and told man to worship and give them offerings instead of God and when it comes to huge battles most of them were demons fighting against angels and the angel got written off as titans and giant and neatherworldly gods or even demi gods so you see that is what really happened demons tried to steal glory away from God when Jesus came along hs power and his sacrifice destroyed demonic power so much many of them lost physical form.....next no where in the bible does it say mary was a virgin everyday every year after Jesus was born it mentions he has family in it and it was not joseph who had known her in fact then why would he accuse her of adultry and need an angel to come tell him that mary's son was that of God and he was to name him Jesus......please read all of the gospel before you just question pieces of the story

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

uh no dude you see you say that from you beliefs i don't say this from MY belief i say this from the truth that demon didnt just magically make all these stories they played out these events to the masses much like you would go watch a movie that had flubs or whatever word you would use IE the biggest one lately 10000 B.C. the use of mammoths to build the pyramids or older in the movie gladiator showing marcus arilieus killed by his son who also swooned his own sister this is not how it was in real life back then just like there never was a horus or a zeus but demons came into the lives of man and made it seem that way came here and acted out huge battles or what ever thay wanted and told man to worship and give them offerings instead of God and when it comes to huge battles most of them were demons fighting against angels and the angel got written off as titans and giant and neatherworldly gods or even demi gods so you see that is what really happened demons tried to steal glory away from God when Jesus came along hs power and his sacrifice destroyed demonic power so much many of them lost physical form.....next no where in the bible does it say mary was a virgin everyday every year after Jesus was born it mentions he has family in it and it was not joseph who had known her in fact then why would he accuse her of adultry and need an angel to come tell him that mary's son was that of God and he was to name him Jesus......please read all of the gospel before you just question pieces of the story

I never said anything about the rest of her life, I am only talking about the virgin birth of Jesus which is in the bible and is widely accepted by both Christians and Muslims.

I have no clue what you are trying to get across about deamons. If you could please use paragraphs and sentences I might be able to understand it better. Also, I am not speaking from beliefs, only facts as I know them. Please give me some links or something to read about your story of demons, because I have never heard anything so bizarre and I'm kind of interested.

I thought Isis reclaimed all the scattered parts of her husband's body, except the penis, then used a spell to piece Osiris back together and bring him to life. She fashioned a new penis and then was impregnated.

The way I understand it though is that ancient egyptians still believed Isis gave birth a virgin as the myth says the penis was reconstructed out of gold. Not human flesh, hence no male seed. So I think that is what makes the story so confusing.

Also, Horus was only recognized as the son of Osiris after Osiris's death. And in a later period, in some regions Horus was identified completely as Osiris, becoming his own father. Note that these two concepts were not believed by all egyptians.

[edit on 8-4-2008 by Sway33]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   

I'd prefer to 'forget' that if you don't mind. He is not my god and he is not the god of my forefathers either. Nor yours I might add. It's a shame when people of Heathen heritage forget how many of their ancestors were slaughtered, and how many of their sacred places desecrated in the name of a foreign entity.

uh you don't have to believe this is real but it is right now you have no evidence i am a real person typing this i could be a really well designed AI program....so people go there whole lives thinking they are just a part of someones dream....but in reality i am real and we arent in a dream also in this reality there is one God and he is your God too he has alway been God will alway be everyone's God he is that new age wiccan kids God he is marilyn manson's God whether or not they claim him or they dont even serve him God is the god that created mankind and all that is

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by thestatue

And your proof for this is... ?

Equally, I believe that your god doesn't exist. See, this can work two ways. And trust me, my belief is as strong as yours is.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
well thats were the line is drawn you call what you have a belief.....you have faith....i am telling you as i type this with my left hand i hold a quarter in my right hand.....now with that sentence one person my have faith that i was telling the truth and hold that as a belief where as another would maybe not believe me those two could equally fight it out but as for me i know that i typed that sentence with only my left hand and held a quarter in my right hand if my hand the key board and the computer my lamp or even the quarter had the ability to speak for themselves they could tell you see me in the analogy would be one of the keys on the keyboard i saw and everyonce in awhile was used by the hand that represents God you see i know God exists.....and i have interacted with God i have also dealt with a demon who called himself odin he enslaved the people of norway and was dealt with very quickly......and i am quite sure who ever anyone else calls a god will be dealt with as well by one of my brothers or sisters as for me i seek after azazel(zeus,jupiter) mammon(mercury,some pagan-indian god) vasago(the "psychic" demon) echidna& nephthyst(both personal vendettas) and typhon(who is my fallen counterpart)

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by thestatue

You personally may believe or "know" God to be truth but that doesn't make it fact. A Fact is a piece of information presented as having objective reality. Your views are your interpretation, beliefs, prejudices, and personal feelings on reality, not facts.

I respect everyones beliefs, to each his own. However, you must understand they are your "beliefs."

I personally believe religion is an evil in itself, more people have killed in the name of God then anything else. Religion in my opinion if taken too seriously only brings out the worst in people, and slows down the human race from progressing like we should be.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
money itself is not evil its what people do with it......the goes along with "religion" but no no my friend beliefs are not what i have in any definition you may call it interpretation and because i cannot show you fact means nothing just as you cannot show me facts.....but in truth if your really really desperate for some proof and solid facts it can be quite simple but very very sad and extremely regretful for you......but i mean oh well you do what you want

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   

....but in truth if your really really desperate for some proof and solid facts it can be quite simple but very very sad and extremely regretful for you......but i mean oh well you do what you want

Yeah, solid facts would be nice. The truth may sometimes be sad, but I rather know the truth then follow blindly. The difference between truth and interpretation is enormous, so its rather ignorant to say your interpretation is truth.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
God is the Father of Creation. Ofcourse if you are a child of a single mom, you can live in the delution that you don't have a father, but you do. It's the same with God. You can live in a delusion that he doesn't exist and that the Universe and everything in it created itself in a puff of logics. You can choose to do this, and since noone has seen God and lived except for a very few, noone has much proof of his existance, other than that he somehow appears in one form or the other in all cultures. That alone would suggest that God is more than a philosophical idea, that he really exist and that he has appeared before people within all cultures in the world as a universal phenomena or like a metaphysical law of nature. Science without the idea of God is impossible. It would be like daylight without a sun, books without language, it would be impossible or at least you would be very limited if you completely excluded the God phenomena from your mind. The universal force behind the laws of nature and life.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

A creative force that could be called "God" exists, but he doesn't resemble the Christian God and his nature is not represented by the Bible.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Well, anyway, correct or not, the bible discribes the creative force you refer to as "God", so when you say our God doesn't exist, you discredit your own logics.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
What's the purpose of this thread? What has anyone learned about the universe here? How can this thread further our knowledge?

It can't. It's full of baseless assertions piled upon baseless assertions. This is the sort of nonsense that gets non-science laughed out of rational debate.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
seeig as Jesus was born in the age of Pieces to a virgin named mary couldn't it simply be that Virgin would be Virgo her star sign and Mary being a translation of the word fish or water??

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

interesting thread. human nature has been shown again in this thread. the first post seemed promissing but then it went off track on some bible and other philosophical/theosophical interpretation. both views were presented as opposing, whereas i think that you both were looking for an answer to the question or rather wanted to collaborate on the idea if every aeon had their own god.

i gathered my information from different sources that it isnt, as stated earlier, always clear when the aeon starts, but if this is related to the stars we should be able to verify it just like the priests that the sun will rise in the so called sign of aquarius. but just like all the other religions there would need to be some sort of proof such as literature or some other sort of matrix, and i am using the word matrix in its literal latin sense.

regarding the previous post, the astrological sign of leo precedes virgo. as i have read the lion represents the sun in its hottest months in our western hemisphere, i know this is a vague assumption, and virgo well represents a virgin. if we assume as some have mentioned in this thread the sun to also be represented by jesus and the virgin as mary as is interpreted widely we have the sun/son (this is an intended pun not my idea actually) being reborn in the sign of a virgin. also the hebrew word for virgo is i believe a woman with an ear of wheat, which in hebrew by some interpretation is translated as beth (beyth=house) and lehem (bread). so jesus was reborn in bethlehem, so the symbolism makes sense, at least to me. i hope this also makes sense to whoever reads this.

i will add that i have watched zeitgeist but that is not my only source of information, but the stars (that which is above) surely are represented in metaphorical signs on earth (that which is below) which is an alchemical doctrine if someone doesnt know that, but i assume most people reading this will already know that.

so the question still remains: does each aeon, a term that is not really accepted by science, however plato did accept it, which leaves one to chose between these authorities, or reason, have its own god to be worshipped in one form or another but more importantly where will this so called god be reborn and what culture will be its home? well the sun usually rises in the ... east i guess.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join