It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tectonic Weapons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Is it possible to create an earthquake? A weapon that could mimic a natural disaster could be useful in times of war. The use of a tectonic weapon could disrupt logistics, communications and provisions of large town or city area known to be hostile. If controlled to a minimum Richter, this device could flush the rats out of the hole.
Fox
www.foxnews.com...
Tectonic Weapons
www.cyberspaceorbit.com...
_javascript:icon('
')

Mod Edit: All Caps – Title. Please Review This Link.

[edit on 21/1/2010 by Sauron]

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
One might argue that HAARP already does this....(and please, don't ask for links on HAARP, or others here will beat you like a red-headed stepchild....use the ATS search)...

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
i think the game red alert 2 is based on secret technologies we have so then if we ever try to yell at the president for not telling us we had secret weapons when that flying saucer marked 'Made in U.S.A.' is shot down in the middle east they would probably say we showed all these weapons in Red Alert2 it could be a way the government can get out of things putting top secret stuff in video games thats why they have the some agency control the ratings on video games.

in red alert 2 they had this weather control device creates a powerful lightning storm on enemy territory...

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I just posted something similar to this post in another thread.

In 1961 by a different system of tunneling; see the video clip �Post Test�
Tunneling, cavity creator

The scientist working on the project found not only did a subsurface 3-kiloton explosion result in a seismic reading but also resulted in the creation of a huge subsurface cavity 170 feet high by 90 feet wide.

So the next time your china does the rock and roll in the cabinet, you might know whom to thank for it.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
o god! and have a repeat of that extremely bad movie, The Core? i don't think so. i doubt that there's anything that powerful

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
One might argue that HAARP already does this...

Indeed one might.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by FieryIce1

Your links not working-was it refering to the US "operation plowshare"(the use of nukes for building underground caverns?

Proposed uses included widening the Panama Canal, constructing a new sea-level waterway through Nicaragua nicknamed the Pan-Atomic Canal, cutting paths through mountainous areas for highways, and for connecting inland river systems. Other proposals involved blasting underground caverns for water, natural gas, and petroleum storage. Serious consideration was also given to using these explosives for various mining operations. One proposal suggested using nuclear blasts to connect underground aquifers in Arizona. Another plan involved surface blasting on the western slope of California's Sacramento Valley for a water transport project. Project Carryall[2] , proposed in 1963 by the Atomic Energy Commission, the California Division of Highways (now Caltrans), and the Santa Fe Railway, would have used 22 nuclear explosions to excavate a massive roadcut through the Bristol Mountains in the Mojave Desert, to accommodate construction of Interstate 40 and a new rail line. At the end of the program, a major objective was to develop nuclear explosives, and blast techniques, for stimulating the flow of natural gas in "tight" underground reservoir formations. In the 1960s, a proposal was suggested for a modified in situ shale oil extraction process which involved creation of a rubble chimney (a zone in the oil shale formation created by breaking the rock into fragments) using a nuclear explosive.[1] However, this approach was abandoned for a number of technical reasons. Nuclear explosives have never been used for commercial engineering purposes in the United States, but the concept has been tested.

en.wikipedia.org...

This project was sheleved,but I have to wonder if it was found to have the ability to create earthquakes.

Also,Earthquakes in China have been blamed on the 3 gorges dam,due to the weight of water.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
And is this what we are observing:

now.
from Earth or Beyond?
Time for a UN Special Session. On Solar System parameter changes?
Mac Arthur would ask you to Check It Out...
edit on 15-3-2011 by Chakotay because: CLASSIFIED

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConLima
Is it possible to create an earthquake? A weapon that could mimic a natural disaster could be useful in times of war. The use of a tectonic weapon could disrupt logistics, communications and provisions of large town or city area known to be hostile. If controlled to a minimum Richter, this device could flush the rats out of the hole.

The Americans had a plan to use a nuke in the fault beside Japan to create an earthquake / tsunami just as Japan has recently experienced in 1945. This was one of several proposals put forward for ending the war with Japan.

I'm not suggesting America did cause this quake.
After all, what would they have to gain from this terrible disaster?

Psychological Warfare Earthquake Plan

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I was going to post another thread on this subject...but finding this, might as well add to it.
What brought this about was the machine used to "crack" kidney stones. It is a Lythotripsy Machine...a machine that breaks down kidney stones by Extracorporeal sound waves. The machine has the ability to be aimed at the target and when discharged, it explodes the stone in the patient's ureters or kidney.

My thoughts were with all the opinions that HAARP was involved with the Japan quake...isn't it possible with the abilities available to scientists today that actually a machine that performs the same job as a Lythrotripsy Machine on a larger scale is being "tested"?

If one is built in a medical size...we should also entertain that such a machine could/does exist as a weapon. This works off sound waves...therefore when it is powering up, it could also cause the odd noises many have been describing as well.

To many this will sound like a dumb idea...I won't apologize for thinking "outside the box"...if people feel HAARP can control the weather...this "earth quake" machine could very well exist...right?

ETA: Not suggesting making Caverns and holes as another poster did. My suggestion is it is used to explode waves in a fault line to set off a "natural" quake.

edit on 23-3-2011 by Holly N.R.A. because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
when I was kid i found one can tune a guitar by eye

when you hit a string
any other string thats in tune
will vibrate sympathetically
without being touched.
you can watch the vibrations interact...action at a distance

a special pickup causes this to happen electronically
this is electromagnetic on nickle iron in air

I think haarpe can work exectly the same way

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
when I was kid i found one can tune a guitar by eye

when you hit a string
any other string thats in tune
will vibrate sympathetically
without being touched.
you can watch the vibrations interact...action at a distance

a special pickup causes this to happen electronically
this is electromagnetic on nickle iron in air

I think HAARP can work exactly the same way

So what you are suggesting then is that HAARP could induce the "natural" quake with sympathetic waves of sound...instead of precisely aimed sound waves. Guess that is possible too...although to be able to precisely
aim such a sound device would cause more damage in the long run...basically we're dealing with possibilities here and anything is possible.

If such a machine/machines have been accessed/used by neurotic human beings as some demonstrate themselves to be for nefarious purposes then we are truly in deep yogurt.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Except that HAARP doesn't emit sound - it emits radio waves, and HF ones at that, not so far above AM radio band. Nothing all that creepy.

I'd think you could detonate a nuke on a fault line and maybe get that effect, but you'd likely be able to identify the initial shot as a nuke - they've got unique characteristics. Maybe one of those hinky directed force "shaped charge" nukes would do.

There was some tinkering around long ago to see if you could pump electrical energy into rock strata to shake 'em up with piezomechanical force, but I don't think it went anywhere.

Of course, there's this thing called plate tectonics, and Japan is renowned for quakes because they're on the junction of three plates.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

just watched this youtube video and at about the 3 minute mark mentioned TECTONIC DETONATION!
whoa

i immediately ran to trusty ATS, thought of starting a thread, but......i actually used the search column

can i get a brownie for that? holy cow, 2004? and really got excited to see recent posts!!!!

awesome..

anyway, supposedly haarp was the jump off, and the tectonic detonation somehow involved. I recall some Navy oridnance training happening around then too?

Chadwickus.............?..............

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Can we cause Earthquakes? No ...unless we planted 4 or 5 nukes on a unstable fault line.

Can we cause Rain and Snow? Can we disperse rain and snow? To a degree.

new topics

top topics

join