It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Encounter in Ohio w/pics

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
No picture of the barefoot print in the mud??? I think you need to return with some helpers.

mikell

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by greenpoint78
........We continued, taking pictures/video of some of the "structures". After about 20 minutes, ......

You spent some twenty minutes taking pictures and video of the "structures" and I would hope the huge footrpints you saw and all you post for us is some nice shots of trees...Having trouble swallowing..

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
OK, a few issues:

The two structures (tripod/tepee) don't look like any I've seen before attributed to BF.

Only one picture (obscured) of one of the two creatures you claim to be there.

Vocalization doesn't match any I've ever heard before attributed to BF.

No pictures of prints although you say they were good mud prints.

You seem to be carrying a lot of equipment for documentation but only got these few items?

A cast is a cast. Why not go back to make casts since they were mud prints that should have lasted at least a few days?

You're fear level is just not showing. You are the very first alleged witnesses not to flee, peeing down your leg with a BF encounter that close.

I could go on but I'll just make one last point:

April 1st would be the worst possible day to make such a claim unless it's on purpose.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Santa-
I tried U2U'ing you when you were on a few minutes ago, but I don't yet have 20 posts, so I can't send any U2U's, apparently. If you can U2U me an email/chat ID or something, I'd be happy to talk to you about revisiting the area. Next week's not an option for me though, I have freelance work scheduled until about the 18th.

Cthulhu-
I'm uploading some shots/video that seemed to have prints in them; unfortunately I didn't have a macro lens on me, just an 18-55 with a handheld SLR and DVX100. None of them came out as well as I'd hoped. Also, the video footage gets degraded when uploading to Photobucket. Does anyone have a recommended lossless video uploading site? And a better place to upload RAW? I usually use my private server, but that's not an option.

BTW, I think I've uploaded a slight bit more than just some trees, but maybe you're right.

JBondo-

"The two structures (tripod/tepee) don't look like any I've seen before attributed to BF."
Me neither, now that I've done a little online research. Funny though, if they looked exactly like other ones, I'm not sure whether that would make me look more or less valid. I'd be less inclined to post redundant information, though. I'm glad to be posting a different form of possible evidence.

"Only one picture (obscured) of one of the two creatures you claim to be there."
Well, sure- and I thank my P.A. for that one. I'm saying it seemed that there were at least two (not sure if the knocking from across the creek was yet another or one of the other "two"), but I can't really be sure. If you think you see an obscured one in one of the photos, then we are probably in a similar somewhat disappointed state of agreement about the available data.

"Vocalization doesn't match any I've ever heard before attributed to BF."
True- and I didn't see "it" make the noise. From what I've heard online, there isn't much "speech" available to check it against anyway...I put it up because I had it, and it came from the direction of the animals. If somebody else in the future comes up with "matching" audio, though, I'll be glad that I put this up.

"No pictures of prints although you say they were good mud prints."
I'm putting some up. They aren't very good, but they're what I have. Please remember, we were both caught offguard and frightened. I realize we could've done a lot better.

"You seem to be carrying a lot of equipment for documentation but only got these few items?"
No, there's more footage, but most of it looks kind of like the Blair Witch Project (me looking through trees for the creatures), and much of it identifies me and my P.A., which I'd prefer not to do. If that invalidates me, fine.

"A cast is a cast. Why not go back to make casts since they were mud prints that should have lasted at least a few days?"
I would love to have casts. We were on a different budgeted project altogether, and that day was "lost" for the intended project. We considered going back the next day, but we were suddenly "behind" on shooting; it wasn't proper to use our budget for different reasons, and frankly, we were a little too scared. Accidentally finding ourselves in that area was one thing, going back might have provoked a different response. We were getting lightly pelted before we left, which seemed like a strong enough warning against an immediate return.

"You're fear level is just not showing. You are the very first alleged witnesses not to flee, peeing down your leg with a BF encounter that close."
I appreciate that- there's plenty of the footage where we sound like freaked out little kids. I stopped Jeff from urinating in "their" area at one point, actually. I was guessing that wouldn't have been appreciated. I'm assuming that there are other people that haven't fled in such a situation- If I was alone, I would've been out of there much faster.

"April 1st would be the worst possible day to make such a claim unless it's on purpose."
I probably should've waited longer, it's true.
-J

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
All somewhat minor items to me, but maybe worth checking out.

i285.photobucket.com...

i285.photobucket.com...

Neither are particularly good, I was using autofocus, and got more of Jeff's shoe in detail. There appeared to be a left footprint there, Jeff's heel is roughly matched up. Maybe you can see some toeprints in there.

i285.photobucket.com...

i285.photobucket.com...

Another stick configuration that seemed unnatural to us. There were several of these, all of which seemed to be arching over the main path or over rough paths that went off the main one.

s285.photobucket.com...

s285.photobucket.com...

two short videos, both with degraded views of what seemed to be prints, both with stick formations.

When shooting, I was assuming I'd get more coverage on the way out, and was trying to note items of interest as I was going along. We ended up leaving in too much of a hurry to get everything I would've liked. Ah well.

-J

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by greenpoint78

OK, green!

Since you did come back for another day I'm going to pull back somewhat and let you have some rope. Because it's been a long time since we've had a believable and interesting close up encounter I guess I'll let my guard down a bit. Although I can't say that yours is up there on the believable scale.

If you can keep providing useful info I for one will lend a hand if I can. I hope I don't regret this as I am rarely fooled. Please forgive my less than approving language. If you come thru I'll be the first to dump Gatorade over your head.

Certainly wish a couple of other good Bigfoot posters were here. Gem, Badge, Thain? Chime in any time!

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   

this is what i got out of my windows image viewer and paintshop, it's interesting that the body of this figure, be it bigfoot or not, is clearly visible and almost the proportions of a bodybuilder.

it seems the trouble with photographing this cryptid, even for professionals is the fear factor, can't take good photos if you're scared it's gonna eat you lol.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   

freelance cameraman for independent productions

went hiking without a decent close up lens, could get a decent foot print image??? come on pull the other one, im semi pro camera man and always carry a pocket digital camera along with my dslr for quick snaps and macro images.

sounds like an april fools gag to me tbh!!

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Hiya Green,

I see your back for more!

I read through to catch up...thanks for posting the videos and the new pictures.
Interesting.

That one picture that you took that someone so kindly fiddled with in photoshop, so we could see more of the figure just confirmed what I had thought anyway, that you were telling the truth.

Well I see they are grilling you..but you probably knew that would happen, I for one believe your story...and did from the get go. Glad to see you're taking it well and haven't fled yet.

If you and Santa do get to go back to the area, make sure to look for Big Foot feces and get the smoking gun, DNA!!

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Liked your pictures of bigfoot, you were lucky they were good natured because they had you in their grasp. I call attention to the back of your shirt. Every true bigfoot encounter produces this phenomenon and it leads me to believe that these small beings join together to create "bigfoot" It also accounts for how bigfoot can seemingly disappear before the eye of witnesses.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

Hiyah Debris,

Thanks for posting your image of Green's picture.

What are you talking about on the back of his shirt exactly? I don't know much about Big Foot stuff, so I don't know what I am supposed to be looking for when you say that...but I want to see it, so can you explain more to a Big Foot novice? Thanks!

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Hey Late, Yes, i can expand. The back of the shirt, the small faces that extend in a row across his back into the forest, the faces in the forest, looking out and hiding in the greenery are small non-physical beings. intelligent and share the planet with us. I think they are beings of light because they hide in light and seem to be able to utilize light in ways we can't fathom. My reasoning is that if i alter the light values as i did in the above photo (hit brighten, 4 clicks, then lowered the gamma) then they appear. Always in orderly rows, cheek to cheek, projected images of their identities. I am not saying the facial images are the people, just that they are the manufactured image of intelligence. They are too many things to categorize under a single nomenclature or on visible social structures. They are interacting with humanity, they participate in our wars (they often cause them) and political assassinations. They kill and mutilate every creature, but most noticibly cattle and other herbivores. All Bigfoot are these beings or are infested with them. The same holds true for aliens and UFO's. I too believed in all these things as real, but i kept finding these same beings. I routinely check every bigfoot, alien, or any other cryptid photograph for them and keep copies of them in a before/after arrangement. All you need is a highlighter, lighten the dark, darken the light. If you can change the hue then you can alter their color as well. It is suggested that you keep the altered photo with the original for verification reasons.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

I thought I saw some sort of faces in the colors, or some sort of images that's why I asked for clarification. Wow, I didn't know anything about that sort of thing, and certainly didn't know they are always at Big Foot sightings.

If you took a picture just in the woods, with no Big Foot, would you get the same affect I wonder...interesting.

So I assume you feel like I do then, that this was a legitimate Big Foot encounter? And thanks so much for explaining this to me

[edit on 3-4-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
green...This is a photo of a fallen tree. I can see where one might call it a "teepee structure"...but it's a fallen tree, nothing more.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
One man's fallen tree is another man's bigfoot nest. Ever consider the possibility bf might be on top of the teepee?

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Hello again-

JBondo-
Thanks very much, I really appreciate your willingness to keep an open mind.

Optimus-
Thanks a lot for the paintshop analysis, it seems to clarify the image in a way I hadn't seen.

Weemad-
Yes, it would've been great to have a pocket digital camera around. I've had my eye on the Leica/Panasonic models for awhile, but have been saving to trick out my new HVX200 (P2 cards are way too expensive! even now) and get a new Mac first. Currently my only digital cameras are my Canon EOS Rebel and the cam on my phone.

LateApexer-
Thanks again very much! I haven't heard from Santa again yet, but I am willing to go back to the area. Jeff lives near there, I'm pretty sure he'd be willing to go back, especially if there were one or two more people along. Wondering about the best way one would ship BF feces- I'm guessing it probably shouldn't be on the plane.

Debris-
I'd never heard this theory before. I'm not sure I quite understand it, but I like the images you created. Maybe I shouldn't have washed that shirt.

lw-
You're probably right; one thing that I found curious about that area was that some of the grassy patches beneath/around the fallen tree/vines/etc looked generally more matted than the surrounding area, but that could be due to many other variables, and that aspect certainly isn't clear in the photos I took. I'm a city kid, I'm glad other people can help clarify things for me.

Does anybody else have any expertise in analyzing this kind of possible "evidence"? I have larger versions of some of the photos, and would be happy to post them somewhere other than photobucket for a more detailed grasp of things. I'm also still wondering about the audio- I wonder if anyone has a background that could help figure out the waveform/spectrum to see how consistent it is with tones/pitch/etc emitted by humans...I'll be looking through footage more in-depth tonight to see if I find any other little details, I'll post things if and when they pop out to me.

Thanks again-
-J, or green.

[edit on 3-4-2008 by greenpoint78]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Hey green, as they say, x marks the spot, certainly looks like a bigfoot to me. You might want to enlarge it for a better image.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
My curiosity is piqued and for this reason I will flag and star.

It seems to me the only way forward now for this is a second expedition with maybe a little better preparation and hopefully some better images.

A full video documented return would be ideal I will watch this space and thanks for your time.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sherpa

Yes Sherpa I agree...

Since I am fairly new, this would be my first ATS Big Foot Expedition to witness vicariously (I wonder if there have been others?)... I like the "firsthand-ness" of it.

It's much better then just waiting for members to snatch and grab other people's photos from the internet.

Maybe some of you more skilled in tracking Big Foot evidence could suggest some sort of Big Foot "kit" for Green...I for one would have no idea what to take to even make a cast or mold of footprints even.

Do they make a Big Foot Pooper Scooper?

But seriously, this is great, I hope you get a chance to for sure go back to the area.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by LateApexer313
reply to post by greenpoint78

Well, if it counts for anything, I was ambivalent to the whole Big Foot issue. Like I said earlier, I have seen the latest "documentaries" out there on History Channel, Travel Channel etc...and I have to say, you presented as much "evidence" if you will, as these documentaries...If not more. I would imagine when the Big Foot enthusiasts awaken and find this post they will be very excited.

Of course you couldn't make a mold of the footprint you saw, but those are usually explained away as being from a large black bear in wet mud or some such malarky. In fact, I can't remember when I have seen even one documentary now that I think about it...that had such a detailed description, all the signs often displayed, the structures, the smells, the pelting with some sort of nuts, vocalizations heard by more then one person, photos of the tee-pee structures, an actual audio recording...granted, you don't know of what or who...but very impressive display in my opinion.

I have spent more then a few hours watching numerous documentaries that didn't display this much information on just one sighting. Very interesting.

So, bottom line it for us....are you now a Big Foot believer? Yes or no?

Nothing to my knowledge would have a big foot like print in Ohio... least in my area south of columbus, less a monkey got out of the zoo

Just adding my 2 cents of native knowledge of the area

[edit on 18-4-2008 by The Bear Man]

<< 1    3 >>

join