It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pushing My Sanity (to its limit) PMS?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I grew up in a house with three sisters and a mom that loved the PMS excuse(one of them is also PMDD). It blows, but I just learned to not make molehills.... so mountain could not be made out of them.

Period.

Ha.... you said period.

I would suggest speaking to your wife about the issue, openly. I do not have any experience being married but communication is key with any relationship. If you talk to her about it when it is not happening, try to talk to her when it is. Do not try to initiate the 'open dialogue' when she's huffing and puffing(thats a molehill). Explain your side. You have every right to, and when you do, you and your wife will be better off for it.

Do not just accept that as an excuse. Be overly polite like you are talking to a police officer and talk. She loves you; she doesn't want to treat you like crap.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
This is the reason that men invented fishing and camping trips. There's not much you can do about it but wait it out and stay out of the way. When you start hearing irrational thoughts about seemingly normal situations, head for the hills.

"What's that honey? You can't find the nail clippers so you want a divorce? Okay, I'm going to go mow our lawn, and the neighbor's lawn, and maybe a couple of lawns on the next street. Be back later."

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
my girlfriend is a different person for a week every month. she is usually nice and coherent. but for a week she is like the wolfman. werewolves kill the ones they love the most. during that week i buy the things i need one at a time. that way i always have to run an errand. hiding in the storage closet in our apartment building works good too.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   

P.M.S. Survival Tips

[edit on 3-4-2008 by dbates]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by WalkInSilence
We have two estrogen machines in the house and we both take responsibility for our actions.

You know, this is the kind of reaction that I can appreciate.
I can accept that the female condition exists, and I'm willing to excuse certain behaviors, but it would be nice if the wife did give me the upfront warning, like:
"You know honey, I'm not feeling great today.... so sorry in advance for my moodiness..."
I guess that is the one complaint I have.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DINSTAAR
Be overly polite like you are talking to a police officer and talk.

I like this strategy, but when things are good (most of the time...) it does not even cross my mind to bring it up. Maybe I should mention it casually. I'm just not sure if it's worth it.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brain Damaged
but for a week she is like the wolfman. werewolves kill the ones they love the most.

Just like in dbates' helpful video.

Originally posted by dbates
"What's that honey? You can't find the nail clippers so you want a divorce? Okay, I'm going to go mow our lawn, and the neighbor's lawn, and maybe a couple of lawns on the next street. Be back later."

Yep.

Too funny.

Also, the Help Video you posted... Very helpful.
It's good to know that science has once again come to benefit of man.

I almost cried.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
This thread is hilarious!

The PMS video, awesome Dbates
I laughed so hard, I shed some tears.

OrangeTom, you're right shopping is sacred ground that no man should tread on...at least for me it is. I suppose there is the ocassional exception to that rule. Another thing that gets me ruffled is when my husband does MY chores. When he interfers with how I do things, then he's actually saying that he can do my chores better than I can, or he doesn't like the way I do them. That makes me really angry. It's not like I go out and clean/rearrange his garage...so don't mess with my stuff either.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I don't see "unacceptance" as a realistic option. Of course, every man's situation is different as is their tolerance.

The movie/video was funny in a way..also very pitiful.

I need you guys to understand a concept here. One which has been touted for years by the social engineers and womens groups.

Women are equal today...this means equal liability..and also equal responsibility...not equal..."but" ....not at that time of the month.

You guys need to understand that if a guy did this regularly once a month this would be considered abuse. This is not equality ..it is a default...and also ignorance. Male ignorance.
If a male did this once a month there would be no end to social engineering and a flood of articles in womens magazines...about abuse. Women would be calling thier monthers...inlaws..outlaws... Lawyers..etc etc etc..ad naseum.

This is abuse of the dumb ignorant male. Remember..only males can abuse...just like this is a patriaricial society. It has to be at a 7 to 1 ratio of goods directed to women in the stores. It has to be patriaricial.
What you have here is a matriarcial society masquerading and concealing itself as a patriarcial society. It is an Occult society. Hidden ..concealed by subtilty ..nuance. and Male ignorance.

To me some of you guys in ignorance have stuck yourselves in a social default hole out of which you cannot think your way.

You know...why think..why bother.....you have ESPN, Hooters, and the Swimsuit edition. Wow!! Get all three of these and you will be good for another 100,000 miles!! So why bother to think???

ARe you guys leading or being lead here...even abused??? Think about it.!!

Are you taking second and third place ..while expected to give first place??? You are expected to give first place no matter what time of the month. Why would you expect less from a woman...equality is happening...yes???

I come to a woman for Peace...not Piece. Piece I can get anywhere.
It takes a rare woman to give me Peace..no matter what time of the month. For me ..Peace from a woman is first fruits. Such a woman is a real jewel..a rare and beautiful Pearl. And they are quite rare out here among the wildlife.
Peace of such value takes real commitment from a woman..not the appearence of commitment while operating on social defaults.

I should tell you guys that I dont watch sports nor read the Swimsuit Edition nor go to Hooters.

For guys who spend alot of time trying out for approval..sports condtiioning and mentality is nothing more than conditioning/programming to make oneself expendable and disposable. To run for her touchdowns. She gives you the clue and cue..hike!!....and you run for the touchdown. Do you guys think most women do not understand this nuance/subtilty far better than you??
Seriously guys ..think this through. It covers far more ground than the male psyche can possibly imagine.
Im telling you guys..guilt conditioning combined with rescue me sports conditioning is a powerful drug on those not aware of it. It is also very powerful for those who know how to take advantage of it.

Improperly applied by a woman this too is not Peaceful. Especially in a day and time when equality is happening. Correct!!!??
Now throw in PMS!!
Think guys...think!!

Orangetom.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I have an idea... next time it's "that" time... I'm just going to stock up on ice cream... ice cream makes everybody happy...

Or maybe I'll just go golfing...

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

I enjoy your posts, but you seem a little militant over the issue.
I'm starting to think you're actually Tom Leykis.

(If you are go ahead and blow me up...)

reply to post by elevatedone

I think you're onto something with the golf. I haven't been in a while anyway. Maybe I should use my calender to schedule golf outings to coincide with her condition.

[edit on 3-4-2008 by defuntion]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by defuntion
reply to post by orangetom1999

I enjoy your posts, but you seem a little militant over the issue.
I'm starting to think you're actually Tom Leykis.

(If you are go ahead and blow me up...)

I dont have any idea who is Tom Leykis?? New one to me defunction.

No ..not militant . I am just not standard issue..I dont think like alot of males.. and dont have much use for default settings that people use to play through unaccountable or unresponsible.

One more thing...standing up for ones self is militant?? Or speaking ones mind?? Militant? I submit to you that playing through on defaults is militant. Using equality or in many cases inequality when it benefits ones self is militant. This type of militancy just happens to be hidden from most of us. We dont often think or even see it for what it is.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by defuntion

One might suspect orangetom1999 is experiencing a little PMS herself these days, the way she's ranting on in this thread

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join