It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Causes Power Outage In US!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Here’s another twist to the cause of the massive power failure in the US on Tuesday, April 1, 2008. Was it a terrorist act? A fire at a power plant like what happened a couple of years ago? An on line attack by hackers resulting in disruption to power equipment as per the CIA’s revelations of what must have happened on earlier occasions?

OR was it due to UFOs?

In a strange development, a number of cities in the US, including Chicago and Phoenix, are in the middle of a major power outage.

Reports coming in say that the power outage occurred seconds after an unidentified flying object (UFO) was seen hovering in the sky. Unconfirmed reports also say that a strange green light was seen around the flying object.

Another report says that the flying object fired a shot of what looked like a blue beam of light seconds before the lights went out. One witness described the flying object as a thin, circular plate, which looked somewhat like a Frisbee, only it was much higher than a Frisbee would go.
www.ndtv.com...

Has anyone residing there any more info on this?

www.cio.co.uk...

[edit on 1-4-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
think the giveaway there is the end line "strangley,these thingy only happen on April 1st"

me thinks it's an april fools. Could be wrong though,it's been known

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I live in the suburbs of the Chi and I didn't see any of this. There were no power outages where I was tonight.

With that said, I was out walking my dog at 9:30 PM for about a half hour, and I never stopped admiring the skies. There were light flashes like I had never seen. Different parts of the sky were illuminated white, then yellow. The clouds were undulated in a pattern I have never seen before. The chop on the lake was different. This could all be chalked up to coincidence but I honestly felt an energy in the air that was different tonight.

For the past six hours, it has been more windy now than it has been in months. (Yea were the windy city but it hasn't been recently.) It will be interesting to hear what is said in the morning. Maybe there is a good portion of people without power right now. I live 30 minutes from the city so I don't have a true representation of what's going on in the area but will be looking forward to finidng out.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I just had a thought, April 1st would be an ideal day for an alien invasion dont you think? because nobody would believe it, with it being April fools day, i have read a few articles this morning including the UFO on Google earth near Wales, and i don't know if that or the others where a trick? so for today only, i believe nothing, i know nothing, and don't wanna know!..

Who am i kidding? i'm addicted to this stuff.. i need to have the internet banned in my house, ATS is taking over my life.. maybe there should be a health warning before we can enter? to stop some fool taking legal action against ATS for damage to their mind.. you know its coming!

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
For the first time, all these threads here now are coming together like

a puzzle. If it wasnt so late in Phoenix i'd call my brother!

Is this for real?

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin
I need to have the internet banned in my house, ATS is taking over my life.. maybe there should be a health warning before we can enter?

That's nothin'! My wife's threatening divorce. My dog's changed loyalties. My mom's given me up as a bad joke. And the grass on my lawn has grown longer than the hair on my Afghan hound!! Thanks to ATS!

Welcome to the club!

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

Originally posted by azzllin
I need to have the internet banned in my house, ATS is taking over my life.. maybe there should be a health warning before we can enter?

That's nothin'! My wife's threatening divorce. My dog's changed loyalties. My mom's given me up as a bad joke. And the grass on my lawn has grown longer than the hair on my Afghan hound!! Thanks to ATS!

Welcome to the club!

www.ebay.com is the answer to your problems Mike

Here are some instructions:

1 .) In the search box type "wife" press enter (make sure postage & packaging is cheap)

2 .) In the search box type "dog" press enter

3 .) In the search box type "second hand lawnmower"

4 .) Sit back with a cold beer and wait for the postman

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by olegkvasha

I did that before, but I made a BIG mistake, I didn't read the auction details properly, make sure you read the fine print on the wife auction, because they gave me a dead wife. Make sure you get one that's alive! Waste of money that was.

[edit on 1-4-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

was the parrot included, or was that an extra Option?

when I buy my wife, I'm gonna look for a pinay, they are so small I should be able to get a "two for one" deal ( then I can just hang them in the closet )

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I was just on the phone w/ a friend, reading this thread, and I told him "watch out for April fool's jokes, there's one about the power going out..." and he interrupted me saying "no, that's true! My dad's and mine power went off today".

We live outside Detroit area.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
ROFL Mike Singh! You bust my bum. It has been an odd day in Cleveland. Windy, strange cloud formations. Light even seems kind of odd. Last nite my dog awakened me by what must have been one heck of a rabbit chasing dream. Not usual. No power outages, but, something just doesn't 'feel' right today. April 1st aside. Could be my imagination and parrynoid' tendencies though lol.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
There was a power outage here today at around 9:30 this morning. I haven't seen or heard anything yet as to what caused it. I'm guessing someone ran into a power pole though...

[edit on 1-4-2008 by Shakesbeer]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
anybody seen anything in the news yet about this????

anymore outages? videos..... something.......

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
LOL Mike, sounds like you are in a world of pain mate
Maybe you can buy one of those robot Japanese dogs if it switches sides to your wife, flip the off switch on it

[edit on 1-4-2008 by crackerjack]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
You know, I just realized earlier while talking about this to my buddy, and he said the high wind gusts (upto 50 mph).

No alien involvement.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Mike? are you being serious? Just googled this and besides your thread, there were many, many, outages today... where is your source for this ufo sighting? thanks, me hopes that me faith in you is not in vain....Jason

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson
Mike? are you being serious? Just googled this and besides your thread, there were many, many, outages today... where is your source for this ufo sighting? thanks, me hopes that me faith in you is not in vain....Jason

Serious? Yep! Check out the link in the OP. It was in the evening news on NDTV which has a high credibility rating! They aren't into UFOs and the paranormal. They're pretty orthodox and conventional with little sensationalism to spice up things a little to increase their TRP ratings! So it was all the more intriguing when they discussed this for a good 10 minutes. They even showed a greenish light in the night sky, but that shot is surprisingly not available on their web site.

I'll try and ferret out some more gen on this.

Cheers!

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
On what time did the power outage went on in USA? Because I did have a power outage for 4 seconds where I live at around 8:34 PM (Eastern time).
It's funny because just before the power went down, I made a google search to provoke stuff saying: "# you gvmt Ima kill yall pentanium steel'' lol I thought the power went down as some sort of warning...

It could be an UFO April Fool

top topics

join