It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA in Las Vegas??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
My apologies if this is in the wrong forum

I've lived in Las Vegas for 8 years, and up until today I have never seen or heard of FEMA being in town. Today, I saw 2 FEMA pickups (white) on I15 around 2 pm, and I just saw another 3 heading the other way on I15.

As far as I know, there are no FEMA offices in Las Vegas, I figured I'd check here to see if anyone had any ideas as to why they would be here.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Years ago I was told FEMA had a concentration camp off of Blue Diamond Road. I think it was somewhere west of I-15 but I never lived in that area. Supposedly it was just nothing, a fenced area with nothing but a tower. It was all underground.

I have no knowledge of this being true, it's just something I was told some fifteen years or so ago.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

Pretty much all of that area has been developed now, with the exception of small parts around Blue Diamond and Jones, which coincidentally has railroad tracks as well as some fenced in industrial areas.

Hmmmmmm

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Update:

I15 Southbound, about 730 this morning, I saw 2 more white FEMA pickups.

Anyone know of any "drills" planned for the southwest?

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Nope they are headed to the largest convention on the west coast to see the newest security products to be unveiled at ISC west. Starts today.

No worries. There just shopping for the latest and greatest toys. Its the "Comdex" of security functions.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

hi there,

can you elaborate a bit more of this area you speak of ?

the fact that the area has been developed all around but not the fenced in areas with rail tracks . is def worth looking into ....

snoopyuk

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
To illahee: No, they are not heading to ISC. I am a security contractor in rt, and I know that "For Official Government Use Only" does not include going to industry related functions on your personal time. Whenever i was working for the government, when those conferences were going on, we would just book a room at the hotel where the conference was, fly in to town, and take a cab to the hotel or resort. This is standard practice.

As to the FEMA in Vegas situation...I live in Tucson, and there have been about 100 armed, uniformed Blackwater operatives here for the last few months. I talked to one of them during a law enforcement street fair on 4th Ave and he said they were here on contract from DHS. I have also seen an increasing number of Blackwater vehicles on the streets in the last two months.

I have seen the numbers of detainee buses (operated by Wackenhut Transportation division ostensibly for transporting detained illegal immigrants) increase from 1 or 2 per week passing in front of my house to 15 a day and I am also beginning to see white buses marked "Arrow" with limo black windows, and no other markings and if you look real close you can see that there is a metal sheet behind the window glass from the second row of seats back and a detention cage in front of the third row of seats inside the bus. I am also seeing white Impalas and Suburbans with limo black windows (illegal in AZ) and BLANK WHITE SQUARE LICENSE PLATES!!! I don't even know what these are!!! I've also seen detention buses marked DHS directly. The one I saw had prisoners in it but they didn't look Mexican, they looked white. It was 4 in the morning and dark and the windows were dark tinted, but I caught an oblique glance for about a minute and a half under a street lamp and I could clearly make out some the facial features of most of the people on the port side of the bus and they did not have hispanic facial features, they had white facial features. Then the bus drove away from the stop light I saw it at and headed west on I-10 towards Yuma and San Diego.

Most of these vehicles are headed north from I-10 to Aviation Parkway and it looks like they may all be heading towards Davis-Monthan AFB. There are several detention facilities on D-M operated by DHS for immigrant pre-deportive detention.

Also the local police department recently added up-armored HMMWV's to their vehicle inventory and have included those in regular street patrols, as well as adding another 100 panel vans (paddywagons) to their inventory. Something is defnitely wierd in the southwest, and I'm pretty durn sure it doesn't have to do with an industry conference.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by snoopyuk
reply to post by slackerwire

hi there,

can you elaborate a bit more of this area you speak of ?

the fact that the area has been developed all around but not the fenced in areas with rail tracks . is def worth looking into ....

snoopyuk

The area in question is one of the fastest growing areas in Vegas. There are numerous residential and commercial projects being built around there, and the only industrial section that borders the railroad tracks is an asphalt/concrete plant. From Jones Rd. west to the railroad tracks all the way up to Rainbow Rd is wide open and fenced off though with the tracks running right through the middle of that area.

top topics

join