It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama and Hillary - Sacrificial Icons of the Female and African American?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Is Barack Obama really going to be President? And is Hillary Clinton really in this race to win? Suppose both were destined to lose? Imagine the symbolism of the two most oppressed social demographics in history... suffering a massive letdown of historic proportions.

You know that every Democrat wants Hillary or Obama to win just as badly as we wanted Kerry to take over the White House... even if we did not believe Kerry to be the Messiah. Likewise, we are just as desperate now to put the first black or woman President in place... even if they are not 'the one'. We just want 'chaaaange' right?

Wrong

I'd like to toss up a suggestion. The mainstream media has been hinting lately that Hillary Clinton should drop out of the race, and that the Democratic party is losing momentum because of the struggle between Obama and Clinton. So the Democratic party is already losing coordination while McCain gets a head-start.

At the same time, they also agree that Obama is under major heat for the association with a pastor who makes racial remarks... and it is obvious that the issue of racial tension will be placed upon Obamas shoulders. Further weakening the Democratic resolve.

Both Hillary and Obama are icons to their representative social groups. I will not apologize for making such a suggestion. Every woman should like to see a woman in office, and every black citizen should like the prospect of a historic presidency from Barack...

Regardless... It is my opinion Barack and Hillary are separatist plants in the election. They are here to divide the Democratic party and hand feed the election to McCain. They are both CFR and Illuminati spawn... and I am not dazzled by either, but I do not expect everyone to have this perspective.

My theory remains:

They are not here to win the presidency for Democrats, but to lose it - and symbolically, smash the hopes of minority interests.

Do I sincerely believe this, or is this just great fictional material for a political thriller?

I honestly believe such political theater is presented to us on a regular basis. Remember when Democrats 'won' back the House and were ready to 'clean things up a little'? Funny how not a single thing they were promised has happened.

To build up and smash societies hopes is delightful to the Illuminist. They see things differently then we do... they will present to us every hope and prestige, and give neither.

I speak, obviously, not as a Republican or a Democrat, but as someone who believes in neither party.

In any case, I wish both Democrats and Republicans luck. Hopefully, this next election is not designed to stir up racial, economic, social and religious tension... and further... dissolve our country. Ahem.

Goodnight.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I`ve been thinking along those lines myself recently.

Whoever wins, between the two of them, the odds of either one being successful as a president are quite minimal. Between the war in Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran potentially, the subprime debacle, the declining american dollar, impending inflation, and so forth... the next president is being handed an impossible task.

The things that need to happen to get the country back on track - cuts to spending and increases in taxes and so forth - are completely unappealing to the voter, and will be political suicide if they happen, and political suicide if they don`t.

I`m thinking this is why the republicans seem to have fielded soft candidates for this election - after 4 years of whomever comes next, it`s very likely that the voters will scramble back to the republicans if they can`t dig america out of the hole it`s sinking into. If things are bad enough socialy and economicaly, it seems likely that the democrats will be buried for the forseeable future - and if there is a minority or female face attached to that, that stigma will follow suit.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Yes I doubt it is a "plant" all things considered the Democrats want power just as much as the Republicans, and neither matters to the PTB because both parties are in their pocket.

However, I agree that if they had had a short (comparatively) race like the Republican one, they would have likely won the election. Now...

Who wants a party that can't even take care of itself and pick a leader, to be the ones to try and pick up the pieces of a post-Bush America?

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tenebrous
Who wants a party that can't even take care of itself and pick a leader, to be the ones to try and pick up the pieces of a post-Bush America?

Good point. Although we have been hearing for the last 2 years that only Democrats could repair the damage - we put Democrats in the house and what did they do? Absolutely nothing.

Pelosi and crew are absolute crooks. Is it any surprise Hillary Clinton was given so much esteem and made so many bogus promises as well? Nah, they're all crooks.

I wouldn't be surprised if Obama was just another broken promise waiting to let down America and the Democratic party.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
That was a very well thought out post there! I have my gut feelings about this election which Ive publicly stated many times on ATS.
But I do see the point you make where Mccain could come up from behind and steal it all. I mean they are all puppets, but Mccain is one of the War frenzy puppets. Under his rule, nothing will change. Infact no matter who get selected for the job, nothing will change.
If you have been at this as long as we both have, you will find the president is still low on the pyramid. And all the big shots are being called from upper levels. In turn those plans are handed down from an even higher power. Its all basic to me now. Yet not so much when I was a bit younger. I was fooled just like everyone else.
But no matter who wins this.. Its going to be the same old dance, different Ahole!

But good post, I like how you tied it together.. Seems possible to me.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Thanks for the great topic, stared and flagged. I think whole political system in the USA is a dog and pony show so people can feel like they have a choice, when we really don't!! It's nothing more than entertainment; there is more reality behind pro wrestling than there is behind American Politics. The government of the people for the people is long gone unfortunately. I have no idea how the people can ever regain control over our country.

Peace
Trustnobody

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I am a woman, and I certainly would love to see a woman president.

However, I do hope that I would have enough sense to look for the other attributes I would want in a president. I would not vote for a woman just because she is the same sex as myself. I believe that if Hilary did become president she would set women back many years from ever achieving the presidency again.

I would also like to see a black American as president. But, again, I would not vote for a black American just because of his/her color.

Do you really think that is the way Americans pick their president? By their sex or color?

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mahree
Do you really think that is the way Americans pick their president? By their sex or color?

Americans? No. American media? Yes.

American media has made a complete spectacle of Obamas race. As I said, issues of racial tension are going to be hoisted on Obamas shoulders. Does America want this? Absolutely not: but it's what we're getting - right now. And who is pulling the strings? It's quite obvious.

'Are the American people ready for a Woman president?'

'Are the American people ready for a Black president?'

How dare the media pose these kind of questions to us over and over? They know damn well that American Democrats are ready for these kind of candidates....

So what is the media really trying to say? What are they doing? They know exactly what they're doing. They're picking apart the candidates and dressing them up as sacrificial icons for both the female and African American demographics.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver
I wouldn't be surprised if Obama was just another broken promise waiting to let down America and the Democratic party.

You betchya he is. Check out his buddies. REZKO alone tells us that he's just like every other stink'n politician. And then there are his friends who are Weather Underground and FBI Ten Most Wanted Alumni. And of course ... all the economists in this country agree - Obama's economic 'policy' (if you can call it that) is completely unobtainable AND would totally destroy our economy.

You bet he's a mess .. and just another broken promise.

No hope. No change. Just CFR and typical politician baggage.

[edit on 4/5/2008 by FlyersFan]

top topics

join