It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Somethings - Time Magazine July 14, 1947

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
The Somethings - Time Magazine July 14, 1947

Time Magazine published an article 7 days after the Roswell event. They called the article The Somethings. Somethings that people were calling newspapers and police about the could not be described.

Saucers, teacups, kites and pipes were all reported to local media and authorities.

Stovepipes; Washtubs. In Seattle, 15 persons in one day called the papers to report having seen "flying saucers." Two Portland deputy sheriffs spotted "20 in a line going like hell to the west." A Spokane woman saw five fluttering "washtubs," each "about the size of a five-room house." A Seattle coast guardsman took a picture of a "saucer" at dusk.

Time.com

The Somethings - Page 1
The Somethings - Page 2

What I find odd is that the article does not mention the Roswell incident at all. Almost as if they wanted to keep the subject alive without contradicting the official newsreport recanting the crashed saucer by the Government.

Very interesting to say the least.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
What I want to know is, why hasn't this been brought up in certain things like Larry King when he's interviewed those believers and skeptics? If time doesn't shouldn't they give some consideration to it?
(Even though I know it can be forgotten throughout time. I wonder if newsmedia would take something like this into consideration.)

It seems to give rise to interesting witness(es). Again though, I really want to know why this kind of died down if it was put into Time.

Interesting find!

Phew good thing I came back fast enough, I did a quick search on that year in the hopes to find something at least close to this. Most of it appeared to be roswell (As usual, but I also came across)

www.abovetopsecret.com...
The Interplanetary Unit of 1947

Then there is the CIA's Role of study thread.
(Quite length, but a few paragraphs in just jump to the 1947-52 part and it has a bit of information, though I am only in the process of reading through it at this time, so I can't really tell what to put and what not to.

Then we have FBI files of the 1947. Again just like the CIA I am merely just reading into these, I am sorry I cannot just take the information out that might pertain to something that might shed light on this, but I hope to in the next few hours. =/.

[edit on 31-3-2008 by Leviatano]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Leviatano

Great stuff Leviatano. I will review these links. Thank you for your input, it is greatly appreciated.

join