It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudis To Build Modern Day Tower Of Babel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Saudis To Build Modern Day Tower Of Babel

www.roguegovernment.com

On a clear day, the view from the top will take in the Middle East, North Africa and the Indian Ocean - providing you've a head for heights.

Plans for a mile-high tower in the Saudi Arabian desert have been unveiled by the billionaire owner of London's Savoy Hotel.

At 5,250ft, the £5billion project, masterminded by two British engineering consultancies, will be twice as high as its nearest rivals, skyscrapers under construction in Dubai and Kuwait, and almost seven times as high as the Canary Wharf tower in London's Docklands.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
So would that be a good target for a Saudi 911 or what.
Perfect target for a revenge plot and it could be blamed on Osama being made at them for not backing hi up after 911. CIA call your buddies and start planing.

www.roguegovernment.com

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

has this been built yet?
or being built and how long would that take?

im sure by the time its been built the ghost of bin ladin would have passed and a new scary person will be drafted in.

new towers and sky scrapers are popping on in alot of middle eastern countries with Dubai being the main place.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Wiki quote says ground breaking around May 08.en.wikipedia.org...

The Mile High Tower (Arabic: برج الميل‎) is a supertall skyscraper proposed for Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. The Kingdom Holding company, which is owned by prince Al-Waleed bin Talal, has chosen Bechtel company as the project's developer. If completed, the building would rise to more than one mile (1.6 km) in height, which would make it the tallest building in the world, surpassing the Burj Dubai. The project has a budget of 165 billion Saudi riyals ($45 Billion USD). The latest information is that tenders for construction would be handed out by May of 2008 when Kingdom Holdings would make an official annoucement. Actual floor count has not been finalized but calculated projections suggest a possible 375 floors. Obstacles include sway and building lifts. The latter was addressed in Elevator World website by the use of electromagnetic lifts. UK's Hyder corporation, a structural engineering firm has been chosen as the principal engineers for the project along with Arup, also from the U.K. The architectural firm is the U.S. company Pickard Chilton.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

So would that be a good target for a Saudi 911 or what.
Perfect target for a revenge plot and it could be blamed on Osama being made at them for not backing hi up after 911. CIA call your buddies and start planing.

www.roguegovernment.com

Its going to be owned by a British man and designed by 2 British architects.

Why do you want to bomb it?!

Retaliation is worthless, you will just cause a cessation in oil trade from El Saud... thus ramping up prices for all consumers of petroleum/ gasoline.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Just when I was getting most of humanity to speak one language, y'all go and start screwing it up all over again. Don't you remember the last time you tried to build a tower to heaven? **Sigh** Now I'm going to have to make another Rosetta stone and leave it around somewhere.

I swear people....

(seriously) Yep this is seriously phallic in my opinion. I mean seriously these towers are just an extension of you know what.

And for those that are planning revenge, don't you know that violence begets violence?

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

So when did this guy become British.
Prince Al-Walid bin Talal bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud (Arabic: الوليد بن طلال بن عبد العزيز آل سعود‎), born 7 March 1955 and commonly known as Prince Al-Walid, is a member of the Saudi Royal Family, and an entrepreneur and international investor. He has amassed his fortune through investments in properties and the Stock Market. As of 2007, his net worth is estimated at US$29.5 billion, according to the Arabian Business rich list published December 2,2007. He is ranked by Forbes as the 19th richest person in the world. He has been nicknamed by Time magazine as the Arabian Warren Buffett.[1]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I was wondering when we would finally hear about this? Interesting that it is 5,280 ft.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I don't even want to get into the symbolic implications of this.

Do we realize that Babylon is the home of the Roman empire? The first bloodthirsty and tryannical governments? Nope: they don't teach us that here in America.

Do we realize that modern day Iraq is Babylon and the very people who have been ruling it (both George Bush AND Saddam Hussein) are descendants of Babylonian royalty?

Nah, we don't hear about such things in America.

In any case, what does it really mean that another 'tower of Babel' is being built in the Middle East after all these thousands of years?

Things have come full circle. The apocalyptic cult which runs this planet must be seriously excited.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by 44soulslayer

So when did this guy become British.
Prince Al-Walid bin Talal bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud (Arabic: الوليد بن طلال بن عبد العزيز آل سعود‎), born 7 March 1955 and commonly known as Prince Al-Walid, is a member of the Saudi Royal Family, and an entrepreneur and international investor. He has amassed his fortune through investments in properties and the Stock Market. As of 2007, his net worth is estimated at US$29.5 billion, according to the Arabian Business rich list published December 2,2007. He is ranked by Forbes as the 19th richest person in the world. He has been nicknamed by Time magazine as the Arabian Warren Buffett.[1]

Apologies, I was going by the article you posted which rather misleadingly stated :

Plans for a mile-high tower in the Saudi Arabian desert have been unveiled by the billionaire owner of London's Savoy Hotel.

Why is this bloke unveiling it if he isnt the owner?!

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Yes why give over US$1500 to every man woman child and camel in the kingdom, when you can build a humongous penis instead?

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

Yeah, These are those little things my mother taught be about when I was only a little child. As a child, you think your parents are insane when told of such things as this, as an adult... this made my cry this morning. All the things I was taught as a child were TRUE!

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Well hey they have to do something nice with all the oil profits they are making. It just isn't the same when the money is in the safe collecting dust.

top topics

join