It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The ancient Egyptians

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Ok. The ancient Egyptians are like one of the most mysterious civilizations in the wrold. They are belvied to have contact with aliens ( wich i belive in ) i mean come on look at their gods and look at the Mesopotamian gods. The Mesopotamians ( Babylonians and Sumerians) didnt have wierd looking god like the Egyptians and they are about a 100 years older civilization. If aliens came down to Earth and had contact with the Egyptians they wouldnt know that they are aliens they would take them as gods espicially if they helped them built a pyramid or anyother monument so i jst want to know what you think about the ancient Egyptians LOL (you all probably think im stupid).


[Edited on 25-2-2004 by Seekerof]




posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The weird looking Gods of the Egyptians aren't necessarely the aliens themselves but could as wel be technical equipment. Just a simple example, look at Isis, she has wings. Could as wel be a spacecraft. It is more logical to think Isis was a spacecraft then an alien, just look at the Egyptian book of the death. Isis was described as having lights, fire, wings and stuff. Looking at the Dogontribe it is also very reasonable to say they believed that the Gods had much the same with animals because horses were the first to ever walk the earth according to those tribes. Looking at the statues it becomes very clear why, the feet of the spacecraft is made like being horses. The animals which represent the Gods could also represent certain aspects of things... not necessarely living beings.



posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Does anyone remember that special on fox where they send a rover into the great pyrimid and it climbs up one of the shafts that was explored earlier a couple years before. It looks like a door so they drill through it. Behind it is another door....Does anyone remember or have any info on this



posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
yes i remember this. they built up the suspense for weeks, and when the show finally aired, th rover just found another door or plug or something. haven't heard anything since, though.



posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
To the best of my knowledge, there has been no further "official" examination of the shafts in the pyramids.



posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeenBekkemaa
The weird looking Gods of the Egyptians aren't necessarely the aliens themselves but could as wel be technical equipment. Just a simple example, look at Isis, she has wings. Could as wel be a spacecraft. It is more logical to think Isis was a spacecraft then an alien, just look at the Egyptian book of the death. Isis was described as having lights, fire, wings and stuff. Looking at the Dogontribe it is also very reasonable to say they believed that the Gods had much the same with animals because horses were the first to ever walk the earth according to those tribes. Looking at the statues it becomes very clear why, the feet of the spacecraft is made like being horses. The animals which represent the Gods could also represent certain aspects of things... not necessarely living beings.

Well you changed my mind but the spacecraft could as well be aliens



posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDemonHunter
To the best of my knowledge, there has been no further "official" examination of the shafts in the pyramids.


no there hasnt i agree. I herd that most of the people who go into pyramids never come out (or die), and scientists dont know why.



posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
For some reason it is the human condition to give ourselves to little credit. If we find that an ancient civilization was capable of doing seemingly tremendous things we automatically discredit them and claim that gods or aliens had to have their hand in it somehow. I wonder if a thousand years from now if people will think that skyscrapers were towers to channel power to now departed alien space ships.

Give ancient man some credit. I personaly find it much more plausible to think that the Egyptian's benefited from contact with humanoid ancient civilizations in other areas of the globe. It is plausible that the Egyptian's may have traveled to South America (many South American God's resemble Egyptian God's in appearence). There are quite a few articles on ATS that talk about ancient cultures trading with eachother much prior to classical historical belief, and if you believe in Atlantis one can argue that it is probable that a highly advanced ancient world did exist. In my openion this ancient world was built by human hands and minds and not by those of little green men.

[Edited on 24-2-2004 by IndianaJoe]



posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Yes true but what gets people is the gods, nad in one of the myan pyramids there was a picture of a green littlw thing moving like a big crane lifting stones bouilding a pyramid.



posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673
Yes true but what gets people is the gods, nad in one of the myan pyramids there was a picture of a green littlw thing moving like a big crane lifting stones bouilding a pyramid.


You got a picture of this or web link? Frankly, I think someone's making up stuff, but I'll wait and see what the evidence is first.



posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673
Ok. The ancient Egyptians are like one of the most mysterious civilizations in the wrold.

Actually, they are probably *THE* most studied of the ancient civilizations. Yahoo Groups has a number of email groups about them, including grous with researchers and currently practicing Egyptologists (the Amun forum.)


They are belvied to have contact with aliens ( wich i belive in )

Not by anybody who's actually worked in Egyptology and who can read their writing.


i mean come on look at their gods and look at the Mesopotamian gods. The Mesopotamians ( Babylonians and Sumerians) didnt have wierd looking god like the Egyptians and they are about a 100 years older civilization.

No, the Egyptian civilization is older than the Sumerian. Actually, that's not quite true since there was a lot of overlap.

The earliest recorded Egyptian dynasties are 3500 BC:
nefertiti.iwebland.com...

The earliest Sumerian written records are from 3100 BC (that's 400 years, not 100 years)
ragz-international.com...

Babylon as a civilization (the city of Uruk) is about 200 years older than the oldest Egyptian dynasty:
www.cofc.edu...

I see you're also unfamiliar with the Shamanic paintings of the cave dwellers and the Hindu gods (some, like Ganesh, have animal heads) and other part-human depictions. The trouble with seeing them as "aliens" is that you don't get a consistant set of creatures.



If aliens came down to Earth and had contact with the Egyptians they wouldnt know that they are aliens they would take them as gods espicially if they helped them built a pyramid or anyother monument

You then have to explain why the Egyptians were building pyramids (by themselves) for thousands of years BEFORE the big pyramids were built, and why the pyramids (including the small ones) have temples associated with them (with details about the lives of the people... and no mention of aliens or gods interfering.) and why the stories of the gods that they wrote down never mention the gods giving anything to humankind.

Well... that's not true. Thoth gave them writing. But there's no record of this god/goddess giving them pottery or pyramids or anything else.

The Egyptians left behind a LOT of written material.



posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673
no there hasnt i agree. I herd that most of the people who go into pyramids never come out (or die), and scientists dont know why.

Sure we do. As a matter of fact, as a "mysterious killer", the "mummy's curse" death is pretty ineffective. There was no unusual number of deaths.


Herbert E. Winlock, the director of the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City, made his own calculations about the effectiveness of the curse. According to to Winlock's figures of the 22 people present when the tomb was opened in 1922, only 6 had died by 1934. Of the 22 people present at the opening of the sarcophagus in 1924, only 2 died in the following ten years. Also ten people were there when the mummy was unwrapped in 1925, and all survived until at least 1934.
www.unmuseum.org...

Since that date, thousands of people have gone into the pyramids and come out. No mysterious curses struck them down... in fact, I bought some artifacts from an Egyptologist who had done a little work in the pyramids. He's 82 or 84 and still alive.



posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I agree with you up to a point Byrd.
The Egyptians DID have the older culture. But as far as a belief system goes they tended to take bits and pieces from all over the place. Their religion constantly evolved to take in the views and beliefs of foreign elements who made up a large part of their society over the centuries.
For example, Osiris never had the importance that he gained when his story began - he was merely an agricultural god. Gods came and went in Egyptian belief and those that they especially liked at a specific time, were given more importance than previous generations had bestowed on them.

I believe that the ancient Egyptian religion was much more pure when it was based on the system of Ma'at. With the advent of new cultures it seems to have become a hybrid religion just as Christianity, Judaism and Islam have done since.

I believe that later generations of Egyptians would have had a totally different outlook on life and of belief than their forefathers. When you look at the timescale for their civilisation and the events that took place it leaves little wonder that things should change so drastically.
This is where Egypt gets interesting. Ancient Egypt IS mysterious. I believe that in over the centuries, knowledge was either lost or hidden and the reasons behind their belief structure and indeed, the building of the pyramids with their undoubted astronomical connections were as mysterious to later generations as they are to ours today.
Certainly, we are much more aware of Egyptian history than we were at the turn of the century. Events such as the decoding of the Rosetta Stone have aided scholars in thier quests. But there is much, much more to learn about the Egyptian civilisation.
It has to be said that this isn't an easy task. The Egyptian authorities have not exactly been forthcoming with either information or aid in a lot of excavation work. Even undertakings like the opening of the door in the Queen's shaft seem to be shrouded by official red tape and secrecy.



posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndianaJoe
For some reason it is the human condition to give ourselves to little credit. If we find that an ancient civilization was capable of doing seemingly tremendous things we automatically discredit them and claim that gods or aliens had to have their hand in it somehow. I wonder if a thousand years from now if people will think that skyscrapers were towers to channel power to now departed alien space ships.

Give ancient man some credit. I personaly find it much more plausible to think that the Egyptian's benefited from contact with humanoid ancient civilizations in other areas of the globe. It is plausible that the Egyptian's may have traveled to South America (many South American God's resemble Egyptian God's in appearence). There are quite a few articles on ATS that talk about ancient cultures trading with eachother much prior to classical historical belief, and if you believe in Atlantis one can argue that it is probable that a highly advanced ancient world did exist. In my openion this ancient world was built by human hands and minds and not by those of little green men.
Wow, I agree completely. It's nice to see people come correct when it comes to ancient civilizations.



Originally posted by Byrd
Actually, they are probably *THE* most studied of the ancient civilizations. Yahoo Groups has a number of email groups about them, including grous with researchers and currently practicing Egyptologists (the Amun forum.)

Not by anybody who's actually worked in Egyptology and who can read their writing.

No, the Egyptian civilization is older than the Sumerian. Actually, that's not quite true since there was a lot of overlap.

The earliest recorded Egyptian dynasties are 3500 BC:
nefertiti.iwebland.com...

The earliest Sumerian written records are from 3100 BC (that's 400 years, not 100 years)
ragz-international.com...

Babylon as a civilization (the city of Uruk) is about 200 years older than the oldest Egyptian dynasty:
www.cofc.edu...

I see you're also unfamiliar with the Shamanic paintings of the cave dwellers and the Hindu gods (some, like Ganesh, have animal heads) and other part-human depictions. The trouble with seeing them as "aliens" is that you don't get a consistant set of creatures.

You then have to explain why the Egyptians were building pyramids (by themselves) for thousands of years BEFORE the big pyramids were built, and why the pyramids (including the small ones) have temples associated with them (with details about the lives of the people... and no mention of aliens or gods interfering.) and why the stories of the gods that they wrote down never mention the gods giving anything to humankind.

Well... that's not true. Thoth gave them writing. But there's no record of this god/goddess giving them pottery or pyramids or anything else.

The Egyptians left behind a LOT of written material.
My god that was wonderfully put and shockingly coherent. Thank you.



posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by AD5673
Ok. The ancient Egyptians are like one of the most mysterious civilizations in the wrold.

Actually, they are probably *THE* most studied of the ancient civilizations. Yahoo Groups has a number of email groups about them, including grous with researchers and currently practicing Egyptologists (the Amun forum.)


They are belvied to have contact with aliens ( wich i belive in )

Not by anybody who's actually worked in Egyptology and who can read their writing.


i mean come on look at their gods and look at the Mesopotamian gods. The Mesopotamians ( Babylonians and Sumerians) didnt have wierd looking god like the Egyptians and they are about a 100 years older civilization.

No, the Egyptian civilization is older than the Sumerian. Actually, that's not quite true since there was a lot of overlap.

The earliest recorded Egyptian dynasties are 3500 BC:
nefertiti.iwebland.com...

The earliest Sumerian written records are from 3100 BC (that's 400 years, not 100 years)
ragz-international.com...

Babylon as a civilization (the city of Uruk) is about 200 years older than the oldest Egyptian dynasty:
www.cofc.edu...

I see you're also unfamiliar with the Shamanic paintings of the cave dwellers and the Hindu gods (some, like Ganesh, have animal heads) and other part-human depictions. The trouble with seeing them as "aliens" is that you don't get a consistant set of creatures.



If aliens came down to Earth and had contact with the Egyptians they wouldnt know that they are aliens they would take them as gods espicially if they helped them built a pyramid or anyother monument

You then have to explain why the Egyptians were building pyramids (by themselves) for thousands of years BEFORE the big pyramids were built, and why the pyramids (including the small ones) have temples associated with them (with details about the lives of the people... and no mention of aliens or gods interfering.) and why the stories of the gods that they wrote down never mention the gods giving anything to humankind.

Well... that's not true. Thoth gave them writing. But there's no record of this god/goddess giving them pottery or pyramids or anything else.

The Egyptians left behind a LOT of written material.

Well thanks for tellng me this
i just learned a lot



posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
just to through a monkey wrench out there, what about all the similarities between the Egyptian and Mayan/ Inca tribes yet there is also no pictorial documentation/writing that shows trade and travel in either tribe? Yet they both were able to build pyramids and had striking knowledge about both the universe and mathematics! Maybe the aliens wouldn't let them write about them because they wanted civilization to build and grow thinking they did it on their own, lol.

However, I think if we spent more time under the stars with out all the smog we have nowadays we would probably have a better understanding. I think we have a lot more distractions and comforts then the ancient civilizations had.



posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
just to throw a monkey wrench out there, what about all the similarities between the Egyptian and Mayan/ Inca tribes yet there is also no pictorial documentation/writing that shows trade and travel in either tribe? Yet they both were able to build pyramids and had striking knowledge about both the universe and mathematics! Maybe the aliens wouldn't let them write about them because they wanted civilization to build and grow thinking they did it on their own, lol.

However, I think if we spent more time under the stars with out all the smog we have nowadays we would probably have a better understanding. I think we have a lot more distractions and comforts then the ancient civilizations had.



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join