It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sane loose not knowing they were part of the game

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Hi all! this is my first thread on ats so please pardon me for any mistakes
and yes i am a linkin park fan and this thread is inspired by their music.

After going through many of the posts on ats (and other conspiricy related sites on the net) i have seen that there is a lot of conflicting information around.
In my opinion the easiest way for a 'black' government to stop information from spreading is to hide it in a flood of lies.
Why risk tracking down a person and making him disappear when you can simpley make him look like an idiot. the goal is to stop the general population from beleaving in him.
There have been many cases of this and they are all around us.
Whenever a new conspiricy theory hits the web it gets a label slapped on it. If it becomes popular it hits the mainstream medi as a book or a movie.
It becomes fashionable to talk about it and the story(if it was true) looses its meaning.
If someone continues to talk about it they get branded conspiricy nuts and their credibility is tken away and the information that may have contained a powerful truth gets shelved away as just an otherpiece of out of fashion pop culture.
The people responsable for hiding the truth are not any black governments or secret organisations but the general public who have grown so accustomed to the propaganda around them that theyrefuse to see what is realy going on and even if they do they deny it.
They do what an ostrich does and bury their head in the sand hoping that their problems would go away if they close their eyes.
I do not have enough information yet to truly beleave that there is a dark conspiricy to rule the world but i have seen enough things on the news and on the web to atleast keep an open mind and be vigilant.
It is very sad that we live in a world where we can not trust any one and yet it is so only because of our doing.
If you want to blame someone blame yourselves. Not the government or the administration because if they are indeed doing something wrong it is only because we, the people let them.
We need to open our eyes to the truth, not to the lies and disinformation that fills the net and that is probably the most difficult thing to do.
But who said that seeking the truth would be easy?
If you go around telling 'normal' people who do not have anything to do with conspiricies things like aliens, NWO , 2012 they would brand you an idiot or a nutcase when the chances are you may be the only sane person around.
We need to open our minds and remove the labels on our lifestyle that socity puts on us but the question is
How do we sort through the disinformation and find the truth?

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
There was a man in my home town who was very vocal about the NWO. I remember hearing people talk about him being a "nut" 30 years ago. Sometime in the mid to late 90's he lost his business because he was spending an exorbitant amount of time in his warehouse on the internet.

He was ostracized socially as his reputation was tarnished because he was so outspoken about conspiracies and the NWO. No longer was he respected or believed. Eventually he left town after loosing his wife and family.

My point is if you want to ruin a man/woman hit them where it it will be most devastating....in there wallet and reputation.

So I do understand and agree with your thread. And it is a fine thread I might add. Hope to see another thread from you soon.

Dizzie

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Your question was how do we sort through the disinformation and find the truth.

In my opinion, the use of logical reasoning, personal research, and reading posts of respected ATS members is a good start to finding the truth.

Can we apply logical reasoning to subjects such as aliens, paranormal events, and other out worldly situations? Yes, I believe we can if we open our minds and put aside old beliefs. A closed mind becomes stagnant and unproductive.

Don't stop searching. The truth is out there.

Dizzie

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Bravo!

Nice post, and welcome to ATS.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Hi!
Thanks for the reply.. you re right that the best way to remove a person is to discredit him. killing is too messy. But the point is that if more people just open their minds just a little bit, and really take a look around at whats going on, and think that there might just be a snowball's chance in hell that the theories might be correct the person who is being discredeted might not be branded a madman.
We sit around and blame the governments while it is the society that is to blame.
And this is not just in America but in almost every country in almost every field including day to day matters.
Wars are fought and lives are lost in many parts of the world everyday
while we sit in our homes thinking everything is allright because our media
leads us to beleave so.
Corruption exists because we let it and unless people begin to open their minds they will remain slaves, not to a secret government but to themselves.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
what you describe are only the outskirts of what is at least a layered defense.

ridicule is only effective if people are vocal about their real or imagined findings. the ones who are spreading the lies are probably well aware that there are hundreds if not thousands of potential dissenters for every poster on a CT board like this one.

you said that disappearing someone isn't fruitful, which is true, but that doesn't mean it never happens, does it?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

it's in all likelyhood more of an emergency procedure, though, which means, unless someone really believes that you have something of significance, it's very unlikely. Therefore, the trick is using information that can get you killed without telling anyone - raising the threshold even more.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Long Lance

Good point. Most of the times no one will need to prove anything because there is so much disinformation available most people will just refuse to believe you because it would mean a lot of things they believe in are not true.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Long Lance

I went to your link and wow! I had read on another thread a month or so ago and it listed a bunch of scientists and how they died and what they did. It was very interesting. Some of the deaths were just too ridiculous to believe as "suicide."

I believe this is the thread I was reading.
www.abovetopsecret.com...&colorshift=yes

[edit on 6/10/2009 by mblahnikluver]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Welcome. Do you mean "lose" or "loose"?
One letter changes the entire meaning of a sentence sometimes.
Especially on these posts where we cant meet eye to eye,
it really helps to mean(and know) what you are saying.
Just so you are aware....
Loose means like "slack".i.e. the rope was "loose".
Lose means just that, you dont win.
I can't believe how much this happens on here.
Thanks for the post and the read.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

Lol
I am abysmal at spellings.
Thanks for reading though!

join