It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservatives!! Are Liberals Taking Our Rights?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Property rights are being slowly and progressively removed from us by the Liberal Agenda in the form of Anti-Smoking Laws...

I am a long-time critic of overregulation, including the increasing trend of government anti-smoking initiatives.

The attempt by federal, state and local governments and with various anti-smoking organizations to modify our behavior is bad enough. I believe there is a greater issue relating to smoking bans, however, with which we must concern ourselves. This concern is the threat to property rights.

Though a business exists to provide a product or service to potential consumers, it should be allowed to do so under the terms of those who own it and not those of the state, or some third party using the state as a tool of coercion.

Source

This is an excellent article and worthy of a read.

Why is it that if a "PRIVATE" business wants smoking in their establishment, the Government feels they can violate the Constitution and restrict what the owner of that property can or can not do?

Don't like Cigarette Smoke? DON'T GO IN THAT BUSINESS...

The Government needs to GET OUT OF OUR LIVES...

This just recently became a real issue here in South Carolina when one of the Beach Communities made it illegal to smoke on the beach... That's correct, illegal to smoke in a public place, outdoors.... (And not in California.. LOL)

Semper

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Well the final version of the Bill that outlawed smacking passed with with bipartisan support from the National Party . Key traded people right or ability to parent in exchange for showing that National is capable of forming a coalition government . The Greens are a strange lot they take a Libertarian towards drug laws but one of there MP came up with the anti smacking bill.

I also opposed outlawing smoking in bars , clubs and restaurants. No one is forced to work in such places and bars , clubs and restaurants had non smoking areas . Oh and I also opposed the criminalization of party pills .

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

OMG semper. I don't want to face you in the debate room, unless it's on the issue of which party has removed more rights from the American public!

Cmon man.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I'd be hard pressed to find a politician in any party who isn't hellbent on taking some right away from me.

I don't get what the big appeal is for these "officials" to take away one thing after another from us. Some want to tell me I can't drive without a seatbelt. Some want to tell me I can't smoke where I want to or that private business owners can't allow or disallow their patrons to smoke on their own premises. Some want to take my guns away or tell me it's okay if I have them as long as they're disassembled and buried 20 feet deep in the back yard. Some want to tell me I have to accept their brand of health insurance or be punished with fines and imprisonment. Nearly every last one of them wants to dictate how much my employer may pay me for my work or I may pay my employees for work then they demand a percentage of what I have earned.

Trying to use this as a "hey "conservatives" don't you just hate those "liberals"?" type of thing is completely idiotic and only serves to distract and waste time.

Every last one of them is the enemy. From the "liberal" forcing me to buy sub-par health insurance and taking my guns away to the "conservative" allowing government agents to write their own damn warrants and forcing every state to catalog every resident into some federal database.

Anyone in public office needs to be promptly set ablaze as does any individual who even considers running for said office.

It seems that any man/woman desiring a position of power and authority is seeking that position for perverted and sociopathic reasons. They all want to dictate to the rest of us how they think we should live.

All I want is to be left alone. Find me some politicians who will defend my desire to be left the @#$% alone and maybe I'll vote for them.

Ban nothing. Tax nothing. That's what freedom is supposed to be. America is supposed to be free, right? We should @#$% or get off the pot. Let's be free or stop pretending America is free. Enough with this fence-sitting, semi-nanny state bull.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I agree completely. The only job these people have is to protect our rights, and keep the Constitution up-to-date with the times.

How they fail so hard at that is unbelievable to me.

new topics

top topics

join