It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeds of Life Found Near Saturn

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Seeds of Life Found Near Saturn

www.livescience.com

A sniff test of water vapor spewing from Saturn's moon Enceladus shows it is gushing with organic molecules, increasing the possibility of life existing somewhere in the Saturn system.

Scientists have been intrigued by the moon since the fountain of water was first spotted in 2005. Now they've identified a soup of prebiotic material there, similar to what's found in comets, from an analysis of data collected by the Cassini spacecraft.

Nobody really knows how life began, but astrobiologists guess it required chemicals like those tasted by Cassini, a little liquid water and some unknown spark
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.space.com

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Water on Saturns moon, possible life supporting conditions? It is still not confirmed that there is liquid water - so far just ice, I provided a link to another article on the water. It will be interesting to see what comes of this alleged soup of prebiotic material there. I suppose they mean to hint at Darwins primordial soup? I wonder if crackers come with that?

www.livescience.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Double Post damn it.

[edit on 3/29/2008 by die_another_day]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Hold on, organic such as carbon, oxygen, hydrogen, nitrogen, phosphrous, and sulfer?

Amazing
. But they could be lying.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Nobody really knows how life began, but astrobiologists guess it required chemicals like those tasted by Cassini, a little liquid water and some unknown spark...

Nobody really knows
Astrobiologists guess
unknown spark

Wow, that's pretty definitive!

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I say we drop what we know about life and just start fresh saying
"Who knows what's out there, but we know something is out there!"

That way everyone wins
!

new topics

top topics