It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This a concept tank?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I've seen this scanned image once or twice and it looks very interesting, but I can't tell if this is just a scanned tank model (which I couldn't locate at a hobby store either) or a concept artwork for a tanklike UGCV or maybe from a game.. hard to tell.. can't find it anywhere else.. Here's the only site I found anything on it at all, and it just says "robot tank". Any ideas? Everything else mentioned on the War Technology page (follow the link at the bottom) is something I've heard of.. just not this. This the right forum for this?

future.wikia.com...:Copy_of_Copy_of_scan0001.jpg

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I guess that means none of you know..

Since it looks like it cuts the image off on my screen, here's a shortcut to a smaller version of the image.

And it looks like the Future wikia hyperlink cuts off too.. so here we go.
future.wikia.com...

[edit on 29-3-2008 by Valenthalas]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
looks like this

www.chickslovethecar.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I can not see a place for crew in that "tank". Below of that, in the black one, we see clearly a place for driver and its crew...

For me that tank looks like a sophisticated computer game 3D figure. (Battlefield III Future Wars?) Interesting concept, but I doubt thats too highly sophisticated to run as main battle tank.

Unmanned special vechile for Urban areas? its future would be possible. With tires, it seems to be placed to wrong terrain...

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Yeah it's possible.. thought it may have been a concept/prototype Unmanned ground combat vehicle with a tanklike look.. not sure.. still can't find it anywhere.

image posted by Retikx is the "Tumbler" vehicle from Batman Begins.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
im pretty sure ive seen those tanks in one of the video games........lol

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Happen to know which one?

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
The black one is from the last Batman movie

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Thanks, but I already stated that after he posted the picture.

And I found what the image is from, it is from a Popular Science article from 2006 about the army of the future, actually it was titled "Tomorrow's Robot Army".

top topics

join