It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faxing over the Internet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Does anyone know a service that I can use to fax over the internet for free?

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   
No, but you can go to Kinkos, Staples, etc. and fax for a buck.....

There likely are some out there, but the stores are close to me, so I usually use them for home faxes....

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
my computer came with something called quicklink. its an hp and im not sure if its hp specific, but it works good. you might find a download for it if you search google. you use it by printing the document you want to fax, and selecting quicklink instead of your printer.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 07:29 AM
link   
That's the same sort of thing I use...
I have a SupraExpress 56e Pro Fax Modem, which I just use Microsoft Fax with (Windows), you just choose that option instead of print to a pyiscal printer.

Under Linux, there is a load of Faxing utilities. kdeprintfax for instance.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Hehe, haven't had a modem in a computer for so long (use cable), that I had a lapse in remembering that you could use fax/modems for such a thing.....

That and I no longer use a land line phone.....

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   
if you don't use a land line, what are you using? Sat or wireless? And the big question ... Is it cheaper or cost more?

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I also don't have a modem. Thats the reason I wanted to know if you could fax over the internet. I know that there are some services but they are all pay services.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal
I also don't have a modem. Thats the reason I wanted to know if you could fax over the internet. I know that there are some services but they are all pay services.

i actually used one of those services for faxing overseas, it worked ok and i avoided the high cost of international phone calls. but it was kind of a PITA having to go through email and all, so i cancelled my service and got my money back.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Oh I see, sorry... I didn't know you didn't have a modem...

I have heard of several 'free' faxing serviced over the Internet, in which you use normal email to send them - not too sure on recieving though.

I can't remember the services names though, as it was years ago now - if I suddenly remember them, or/and find something, I will tell you.

new topics

top topics

join