It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Love America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I love America because I can go to the grocery store and buy whatever food that I want to instead of standing in line for four hours to receive my monthly quota of moldy stale bread.

A Bread Line in the Former Soviet Union

I love America because I can try to get any job that I want to have. I don’t only get jobs that my family has ties to because the local militia is run by a certain tribe and my family is from a different one.

I love America because if I want to go fishing I can and all I need is a license. I don’t have to pay off certain government officials to fish where they tell me to fish.

Man Burned with Acid in India Because He was Fishing in the Wrong Lake

I love America because when a police officer pulls me over, he will not expect me to pay him a bribe to get off and then beat me half to death when I don’t have the amount of money that he wants.

Police Officers in India Arrested for Taking Bribes

I love America because they still let me purchase and carry a gun for self defense. A gang may try to rob me, but they will suffer the consequences if they do.

Guns Taken from the People to be Destroyed by a Steamroller

I love America because I can take my hard earned money and put it into the stock market and buy shares and ownership of the best companies out there. All the good powerful companies aren’t privately owned in America like in many countries.

I love America because our working conditions are one of the highest standards in the world. We do not have trains of slave labor running our most profitable companies.

Gold Miners in South America

I love America because I have the chance to volunteer to join the best military in the world and when I do they will ask me, “What Job do you want to do for Uncle Sam.” Other countries will just draft me for many years and never give me a choice at all what I want to do in the military.

Russian Citizen after being Forcibly Drafted into the Russian Military

I love America because even though some things are corrupt, all things most certainly are not corrupt. We may fight other countries more than France does. But in almost every case, the tyrant we removed from power was despotic compared to who the newly free people decided to vote for.

I love America because I can move to any part of the country that I want to without hassle or restriction from the government.

I love America because they let me practice whatever religion that I want to. They do not tell me that if I convert to another then they will cut off my head and throw my family in jail.

Man on Trail in Afganistan for Converting to Christianity

I love America for many reasons my friend.

Do you love America? If so, Why?

[edit on 27-3-2008 by Hot_Wings]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Well put Hot Wings!! It is so true that this is the greatest country on the face of the Earth!!

I love my country, but I hate my government.

Why you may ask do I hate my government?

Because if we stay on this path, you will have to wait in line for 24 hours to get a moldy piece of bread.

If we stay on this path, you will have to pay a cop to keep from getting raped.

If we stay on this path you will be "subjects" not citizens because you will be just another dis-armed peasant.

If we stay on this path we will be "chipped" with RFID tags like cattle.

If we stay on this path, we run the risk of getting nuked by not only terrorists but by countries that we have successfully pissed off.

Our Great Nation was founded by Great Men that saw the evil and corruption from their homelands (all across the face of the planet) and came here to start a life of freedom, liberty, and happiness!!

It is our duty to those Great Men that came before us, whose blood was spilled for us, that we keep the freedom, liberty and happiness that they gave to us.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I love America, because I can be as ignorant or as intelligent as I please and no one is forcing me to be anything but, aware.
I love america for the abundance of vanity it provides
I love america because ignorance is bliss.
I love america because enlightenment is too.
I love america because even if you dont have to pay off the cops, you can pay off a lawyer instead at a higher price which motivates me to make more money.
I love america because of how biased our media is, it forces you to educate yourself.
I love america because of the founding fathers.
I love america because I can never complain about not having work or finding it. If you're actually willing to work, its not hard to find a job.
I love america because its full of people from different countries.
I love america because of the way they process the foods; it teaches you a thing or two about nutrition and how to grow your own
I love america because I can either live in the forest off grid and never be bothered, or I can make my dollars work for me and get where ever I please.
I love america because of people who hate it.
I love america because americans are usually from a different country.
I love america because it promotes sex drugs and rock and roll, yet makes half of it illegal.
I love america for the right to peacefully assemble, freedom of speech, right to bear arms, due process, and freedom of religion
I love america because its so disconnected from other countries; it makes you travel to see what the world is really about
I love america because of native americans.
I love america because in God we trust; all others we monitor...

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
It's most refreshing that some people have woken up, let's pray for the betterment of mankind it's not to late...

Well said btw..

SD

Originally posted by downtown436
Well put Hot Wings!! It is so true that this is the greatest country on the face of the Earth!!

I love my country, but I hate my government.

Why you may ask do I hate my government?

Because if we stay on this path, you will have to wait in line for 24 hours to get a moldy piece of bread.

If we stay on this path, you will have to pay a cop to keep from getting raped.

If we stay on this path you will be "subjects" not citizens because you will be just another dis-armed peasant.

If we stay on this path we will be "chipped" with RFID tags like cattle.

If we stay on this path, we run the risk of getting nuked by not only terrorists but by countries that we have successfully pissed off.

Our Great Nation was founded by Great Men that saw the evil and corruption from their homelands (all across the face of the planet) and came here to start a life of freedom, liberty, and happiness!!

It is our duty to those Great Men that came before us, whose blood was spilled for us, that we keep the freedom, liberty and happiness that they gave to us.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I have to admit, I love America too. Being born here was like winning some sort of cosmic lottery

If I don't like my life, I can walk the hell away from it and start another. False ID is cheap and usually works. (as long as you don't get fingerprinted.)

The "land of opportunity" is an understatement, as long as you know how to play it. It's not a place for the weak.

If you can survive here, you can survive anywhere on the planet.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Yeah America is great and all, but other countries are pretty amazing too.

I think it would be great to make a thread, I love the world, and make a list why. That should really help remind us of the good things in our world, all of us no matter where we live or where we have come from can join in and remind each other why we love our world.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I love America because everyone there is just so much better than us poor foreign people.

I love America because they treat there prisoners so well, well they do have more than any other nation on the planet.

I love America because 1 American sized portion will feed a small country for 3 days. And they never waste any of there food!

I love America because they like to compete on a level playing field, they wouldn't dream of cheating *Cough*Dude where's my roids*Cough*

Now listen... I'm not anti-American, and I'm sure I could write crap like that about every country on the planet.

It's opinions like yours that does give your truly great nation a bad name.

You are no better than any other man, woman or child on this hateful ball of rock. We are all trying to get from our beginning to our end as comfortably as we can. We do what we have to do.

MonKey

top topics

join