It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama Ball Of Light

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Did anyone see a ball of light, lower than an airplane (saw airplane pass over it) in the Birmingham, AL area about 10 minutes ago? It looked to be heading north. I saw it coming and thought it was an air plane, but the glow stayed the same throughout the entire 4 minutes it went by.

[edit on 27-3-2008 by NateNute]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I didn't see this tonight, but I saw a bright moving star last night at 8:15pm in the Birmingham area!

Any more info on it? Color? Sound. etc...

Check out my thread UFO Sighting/my Watch stopped for the details:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by EclipseReloaded

Well it went under the plane, so that's why im not calling it a star, but it did look like one. It was moving at a very steady pace, white, and well....it looked like a star, but moved a little faster than a jet.

Sorry, slightly excited.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
It sounds like you saw a satellite, perhaps even the ISS which is very bright right now.

If you go to the following web site and enter your location, you should be able to check what was visible at the time of your sighting: www.heavens-above.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Could you please describe the size you think it was, it's basic shape, intensity of it's brightness, whether or not you heard a sound from it, if it had a trail behind it....how big did it seem against the airplane you saw as well etc? Can you draw it for us?

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I saw a bright star type thing last saturday night (in england) It was about 1cm from the moon (from my perspective) At a position of about 8pm. It was there for about 10 minutes,and when I looked again it had gone. I thought it was a star at first,but then I remembered there're no stars round the moon (that you can see) Especially not that bright. maybe it was the same kind of thing.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
By the way, there's no reason why a satellite/the ISS should not be apparently below a plane. Obviously this is just an illusion, as it is much further away than the plane, and therefore appears to be lower down on the horizon. The same goes for stars too - if you can see clear sky, you can see things in orbit and beyond!

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I'm about an hour east of Birmingham and around the time described I did see a plane traveling North - North West and a bright light flying about the same direction. When I started to wonder what the yellowish light was it went out I couldn't see anything for a minute. Then as it got closer the usual lights became visible.

The time frame would be about right... But it wouldn't explain how we both saw it or why only one of the planes I saw had its fog light on. Maybe Plane 1 told Plane 2 with the light that they've had their blinker on for the past 300 miles.

But rest easy, you do not need to get your eyes checked.

[edit on 28-3-2008 by beaverg]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Difficult to say what that might have been. If it didn't seem to move, then it probably was not a satellite. It could have been a star, but they don't usually disappear! A star named "Spica" which is in the constellation of Virgo was in the right position (about 8 oclock) however - you would have had to have seen it some time before midnight, or it wouldn't not have been at the right position.

There is a small chance it could have been a plane heading directly towards you, but 10 minutes is a long time for a plane to stay on a course like that, and not apparently move.

I guess you have a UFO in the true sense of the word.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
No it wasnt a plane. No blinks, noise. Plenty of planes to compare it to at the time. Heres a pic i got of it.

I forgot how to do image the image tag...
It's more likely a satelite if me and eclipse saw it on different days around the same time.
It looked like the north star moving with a constant glow. Its too cloudy to look for it today.

It might even be this ATV satelite.

www.heavens-above.com...

Heck it could be this genesis one too....

www.heavens-above.com...

[edit on 28-3-2008 by NateNute]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Looks like one to me so far. Props on having the camera ready; and cool links too.

But if it was nearly motionless like you described then it was probably not a plan. Plus after I thought about it had to be a different object you and I saw because the object you saw was heading north from birmingham and mine was heading west -north west moving towards birmingham.

[edit on 28-3-2008 by beaverg]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Sounds like a satellite, most balls of light are. Possibly even the ISS, i believe it would have been visible at that time, although not heading north.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
has anyone seen the two strange lights that appear then disappear every evening over the birmingham skyline? they are so strange. they do not appear to look like planes, but i cant seem to figure out what they are. all help will be appreciated. thank.

new topics

top topics

join