It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UF Fraternity Honors Slain Military Contractor After Severed Finger Sent to US - Distasteful PR? Sh

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

UF Fraternity Honors Slain Military Contractor After Severed Finger Sent to US - Distasteful PR? Should he be honored as a soldier?

www.gainesvillesun.com

The finger of a former University of Florida student who was taken hostage in Iraq more than a year ago has been sent to U.S. authorities, the student's father has confirmed.

McClatchy News Service reported Wednesday that U.S. authorities in Baghdad have received five fingers belonging to four Americans, including former UF student Jonathon Cote, 25, and an Austrian, who were taken hostage in Iraq more than a year ago.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The finger was sent to the US a couple weeks ago, and this may may have been posted on here at some point. This weekend I believe, the Fraternity that the slain contractor (he worked for Crescent Security after being offered some 7000 dollars per month) had pledged a couple years ago is hosting a large event somewhere on campus to honor him, as well as make yellow ribbons to support our troops.

I can't find the exact details, or even an article, about the event this weekend, but I am looking. I saw some signs and heard about it on campus.

I'm really not sure what I think about this. Yes, he was in the army for a few years beforehand, but he was basically a gun for hire. It also almost seems like a distasteful PR stunt by the Fraternity. Thoughts?

www.gainesvillesun.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27-3-2008 by el_madmaster]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Yep it's going on tomorrow at noon. I have heard opposition and support for the event tomorrow. Don't know how big of a deal it will be but I assumd it'd probably stir up a good conversation here. I will probably check it out for a bit to see what it's about.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Slain? When you get a finger in the mail, it's not a message that they're dead it's a message that they're alive and you can expect more body parts if you don't do something about it soon.

Please tell me they haven't decided these guys are dead because of a finger...?

top topics

join