It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dream Ether and dream physics

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teratoma
I had a strange dream last night. I've been thinking a lot about this subject recently and one of the things that I've consciously thought of was, "OK, if I can will myself to fly in a dream, why shouldn't I be able to will myself through the ground - like Buckaroo Banzai or Shadowcat from The X-Men?"

...So last night I'm dreaming and something clues me in on the fact that I'm dreaming. So I remember my conscious thought about trying to "phase" through the ground, and make an attempt. I fail. It just doesn't seem to work. What's interesting to note is that "I" am making dives at the dirt, and it's as solid as ever - yet it's not like I feel any pain. It's not like my physical self is attempting it either - I don't get on my knees and force my face into the ground - it's more like dream flying... I will myself at the ground but it stops me.

Also, though I realized I was dreaming and sort of took control - this didn't really feel like the other lucid dreams I had. I didn't really feel "in control", it felt more like I was still dreaming, and an element of the dream was that I realize I'm dreaming. Which doesn't surprise me at all, seeing as how much thought I've put into it along with reading threads like this here recently.

Another thing; when my attempts to go underground failed, I attempted to fly and wasn't able to. This also hints at this not having been an actual lucid dream.

That's funny. I actually remember a lucid dream I had a while back that was along the same vein. I realized I was dreaming and decided to jump out of my house window and fly. Well I was unable to fly so I fell to the ground. I became half-buried from my head to my waist in the ground, though like you mentioned no pain.

This also reminds me of many of my falling from cliffs dreams. I have had several falling dreams though to put an old wives tale to bed, I have always stayed dreaming through the impact and known I was dead in the dream and continued to dream. Or I have kept dreaming, brushed myself off and laugh at what a fall should have clearly killed me. The ground has really no effect on me as far as gravity is concerend

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I fall into that old wives tale catagory like, of waking before hitting the ground. I got close once, real close, and the shock made me wake quite suddenly, I cant say it was a very nice experience.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by lezvigi
I fall into that old wives tale catagory like, of waking before hitting the ground. I got close once, real close, and the shock made me wake quite suddenly, I cant say it was a very nice experience.

I hear ya. I am not sure what it was that allowed me to keep dreaming but anyomre nothing shocks me into waking unless it's a voice I hear in a dream (i.e. my daughter telling me to wake up). All I can say is confront the fear and you will see the fear isn't somehing you need to hold onto. If you know you are dreaming and feeling brave try jumping from a cliff and telling yourself you won't die and that you are dreaming. See what happens when you connect to the ground. Gravity just isn't the same on our bodies when we dream...

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Not to hi-jack this thread, but it's been dormant for 7 months, and I thought some of you might be interested in one I just posted:

My recurring "school" dream and its recent developments.

It's about a recurring dream that I lucidly 'awoke' during and took control in for the first time last night. I've been having the dream for over 10 years.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join