It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asking the President a possiblility???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
i specifically said death bed confessions from scientists but to clarify when i say evidence i mean something tangable from someone credible. ie photo, fragment anything!!

but isnt it interesting we've had no death bed confessions from credible scientists? i wonder why? theres definitley a gap in the market there

i'll tell you the position of mainstream scientists on life outside the earth.

almost all beleive microbial life exists in our galaxy
alot believe complex life(plants/animals) exists in our galaxy
some beleive complex or intelligent life is extremely rare in our galaxy.
almost none believe we are being visited by ET

[edit on 27-3-2008 by yeti101]

A matter of belief then? Theirs vs ours (whatever that means to each one).

How do the scientists know for sure that a civilization cannot possibly have discovered "warp drives"? How do they know for sure that ET will not vsit tomorrow for the first time (assuming they haven't so far)?

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
i specifically said death bed confessions from scientists but to clarify when i say evidence i mean something tangable from someone credible. ie photo, fragment anything!!

but isnt it interesting we've had no death bed confessions from credible scientists? i wonder why? theres definitley a gap in the market there

Define credible.

Trouble is, regardless of someone's credibility as a scientist, their credibility instantly evaporates the second they start on this subject. If Carl Sagan had openly stated that he thinks UFOs are real and aliens are visiting Earth, he would've become Bob Lazar in two shakes of a corgi's nub.

Dr. Stanton Friedman is a credible scientist, a nuclear physicist. Do you believe him?

Dr. John Mack was a credible scientist. He was a Harvard professor. Do you believe him?

Dr. J. Allen Hynek was a credible scientist, a professor of astronomy at Northwestern University. He worked with the Air Force on UFOs as a scientific advisor, and later regretted some of the analyses he had made to "explain away" the subject. Do you believe him?

See, this is the problem faced by scientists: I have no doubt dozens of them have stories to share and a great interest in the subject. I bet many would LOVE to devote serious time and effort to studying it. But, the second they do, they are no longer considered "credible" by the mainstream. Most skeptics aren't "true" skeptics--they're harpies, openly hostile to the subject matter and looking for excuses to be jerks. The arrogance displayed by so many "skeptics" is truly sickening.

As for photos/fragments etc. being stolen from facilities, exactly what kind of security do you think such facilities would have? We're not talking about mall rent-a-cops here. I would expect constant surveillance, metal detectors, X-ray scans, pat-downs, hell, maybe even strip/cavity searches for those who work in such places. If you had something on the magnitude of a UFO part, how would you protect it? I'd say they'd have tighter security than a diamond mine, and it's next to impossible to steal from a diamond mine. And even if a "credible scientist" produced such a fragment, photo, etc., would you believe him? Or would he be instantly discredited in your eyes because of the nature of the subject? Be honest. Would you EVER believe?

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ParanoidKid
I mean the president of the united states is said to have almost the power to do w/e right?

If I understand you correctly your saying that the President is powerful?
In regards to common folk yes..but he isnt the one pulling the strings, he is a puppet through and through.

All you have to do is look at things globally.

W.T.O. (World Trade Organization), W.H.O. (World Health Organization), etc.
(World this, world that, and international 'binding' laws amongst countries.)

People may not think much of these organizations, but one of the world organizations (forget which one, may be W.T.O.) put/threatened sanctions on the E.U. for not adopting genetically engineered crops. (Saw it on the BBC awhile back, you may be able to do a search for it.) Funny, as G.M.O. (Monsanto) is already in Europe.

So the E.U. (whose residents dont want G.M.O.) isnt even in charge...every country is bound to various international/world organizations.

Point is, the U.S. President does not make the calls at all.
So I highly doubt he will be talking about any U.F.O.s, or whatever if its not pre approved to discuss by whatever treaty, organization who lets this info out.

Dont know how much sense this post makes...but seriously, a lot of folks tend to think the president is top of the ladder and he answers to no one...I beg anyone who thinks this way to look internationally at various things happening and see where they start and who enforces them, etc.

The E.U. is a 'state' of the world, just the same as the U.S. (Well N.A.F.T.A.) is a state.
There are not a bunch of independent countries...far from it, I really wish I could do more justice to this post...but here it is anyway.

Peace

dAlen

[edit on 28-3-2008 by dAlen]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by The Nighthawk

Superb post Nighthawk... my thinking EXACTLY!

Goes back to what I've always said. 'Want to keep a secret, hide it in plain view and just make sure no one believes it, and discredit and ridicule those who do.

So called UFO skepticism, or what passes for it, is as biased, as bias can be, and your post highlights it PERFECTLY. Any mainstream scientist, politician, or career person immediately loses all credibility as soon as they even look at the subject.

Despite the fact I hate what they've done, you can't help but admire the deviousness of the minds that have fostered that immediate kneejerk response to the whole subject. Such a simple an elegant, self-perpetuating way to cover a scenario up, and KEEP IT covered up.

Have a star

top topics

<< 1   >>

join