It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush breaks silence on Tibet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Bush breaks silence on Tibet

www.news.com.au

In his talks with Mr Hu today, Mr Bush "raised his concerns about the situation in Tibet and encouraged the Chinese Government to engage in substantive dialogue with the Dalai Lama's representatives and to allow access for journalists and diplomats," the White House said.

Mr Bush's national security adviser Stephen Hadley said the President "pushed very hard" on the need for restraint in the violence in Tibet as well as the need for consultation with representatives of the Dalai Lama.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Well at least he is finally doing something good. This violence is unnecessary and innocent lives are being shed (hypocrisy?). I just hope he didn't push too hard. I have a feeling the Chinese leader would be like my little sister when i was younger, not doing something just because I said so.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Wow. I never thought Bush would EVER do that. The article seemed a little one sided. If they can get the news about Bush and his requests, why was there no mention of the Mr. Hu's reaction. I'd be interested to know what his reply was to the Bush admin. I know that the Chinese Government has refused to dialogue with His Holiness and His Representatives. His Holiness has always stated that the door to talks with China is still open and that he hoped some government or UN would step in and help start the negotiation of talks. But China seems very stubborn.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
How bush can ever say anything about china is beyond me, and anyone in this world. Bush is responsible for how many deaths?

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
How bush can ever say anything about china is beyond me, and anyone in this world. Bush is responsible for how many deaths?

The point is that the US hasn't said pretty much a single word to China about Tibet. In fact all the US and the UN do is continually renew China's MFN status, despite China's deplorable record of human rights violations.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
IMO American diplomacy won't solve the dispute with Tibet. Bush said what he had to say but I bet Mr. Hu just took the criticism politely and the Chinese will do what they want to do anyway. They know the U.S. won't use force and probably won't change our trade agreements with China, so no penalties will be involved.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

President Bush, in a phone call Wednesday to Chinese President Hu Jintao, voiced concern about China's crackdown on Tibet and addressed an embarrassing arms shipment flap that has strained U.S.-China relations.

Bush told Hu a U.S. shipment of nuclear missile fuses to Taiwan was a mistake, U.S. National Security Adviser Stephen Hadley said.

"It came up very briefly," Hadley told reporters. "Basically, the president indicated that a mistake had been made. There was very little discussion about it."

Here's the rest of the story:
Bush went on to say that the nuclear missile fuses were supposed to be sent to Tibet.

Oh, I know, April 1st isn't for a couple of days, but I just couldn't resist.
I doubt Bush even knows where Tibet is.

top topics

join