It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your favorite Twilight Zone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Twilight zone was so ahead of its time. Much like the original Star Trek. Only appreciated much later for its brilliance. One of my fav's was the elderly lady who had a small spaceship land in her bedroom and kept getting zapped, only to find the craft had US something on it.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Ah.. Good old Twilight Zone.

I'd have to say one of my favorites would be the episode where there was a woman with bandages wrapped around her face, in a hospital and all the people had pig faces except for her.
And apparently, she was ugly or something. I have a bad memory lol.

-Will

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Nightmare at 20000 Feet:

Speak'

[edit on 31-3-2008 by SpeakEasyOne]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
"Time Enough At Last"

The bookworm with the thick glasses survives a nuclear holocaust.

He's perfectly happy being left alone to read his books now...until he breaks his big thick glasses.

"The Midnight Sun"

A twist ending within a twist ending. I won't give it away, but don't leave the episode until it's really over!

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Wow....I remember that now Zane! One of the classics. Could we petition abc,nbc, or whoever to bring it back? I think they had something similar last year but it only lasted about 4 episodes. I loved it. Like the one with Jim Belushi who gets the latest and greatest robo servant, only to watch it take over his families entire lives. reply to post by Zane Zackerly

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I think my fave would be the one about the quick tempered little boy (Billy Mumy) with super-telekenetic powers that would wish people into the corn field whenever they got him upset. Little brat.

Also Talking Tina.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Actually, the spaceship landed on her roof. The premise was that a ship from earth lands on a planet of giants that are a bit primitive. She is obviously terrified of these little creatures which are actually US astronauts.

The pig one was about a woman that is ugly to everyone because she looks different or more accurately, like we would view as a model.

The thing about Twilight Zone is the stories are meant to make us think and consider all our shallow pettiness.

I also liked the one on the plane but I think my favorite was "To Serve Man".

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Yes bondo, 'To serve man' has to be one of the utmost classics. All the natives so psyched for rosey encounter to find they are all on the chef's list.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
One episode that deals with something that could very likely happen is the one where a spaceship lands in a small town and the locals start panicking then basic human traits start kicking in and they all start turning on each other.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
To Serve Man
---------------------

"It's a cook book!!!!"

[edit on 4-4-2008 by Black_Fox]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I think a feature length motion picture of this episode would be great.

SLPEXE

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I liked the Twilight Zone movie. I was young when it came out, so it brings back memories of that time for me.

There was an episode where this woman keeps being told "there's room for one more." The last time she hears it, it is from the stewardess on the plane and she decides not to get on the flight. Then the plane crashes.

The episode with the masks is a good one, too.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
I think my fave would be the one about the quick tempered little boy (Billy Mumy) with super-telekenetic powers that would wish people into the corn field whenever they got him upset. Little brat.
Billy's got a band out in Los Angeles. I used to go catch them pretty regularly and one time before the show he got a maniacal look on his face as he was setting up and said "Tuning's a good thing. Tuning's real good."

I was busted up laughing.

Here's the band's MySpace with 4 of their songs...

(Oh, and did anyone catch the New Twilight Zone episode a few years back where Bill's real daughter Lilliana played the same character's daughter who had the same powers? They even got Cloris Leachman back to play his mom again. Very cool.)

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Room for one more made my flesh ripple. A woman who had numerous precognisant dreams of an air crash. C2C had on a guy who precognated an airport crash in chigago? He was visited by fbi and cia and could find no link to crash.
He was on again years later stating a large mass would spew out of antarctica causing global calamity, George became insenced with him and cut him off.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Originally posted by Alxandro
Billy's got a band out in Los Angeles. I used to go catch them pretty regularly and one time before the show he got a maniacal look on his face as he was setting up and said "Tuning's a good thing. Tuning's real good."

I was busted up laughing.

Here's the band's MySpace with 4 of their songs...

(Oh, and did anyone catch the New Twilight Zone episode a few years back where Bill's real daughter Lilliana played the same character's daughter who had the same powers? They even got Cloris Leachman back to play his mom again. Very cool.)

Ah, now that's classic.

Wasn't there another actor in the band, the drummer (Ferrer) I think.

I heard about his daughter also acting but I didn't know that episode had been redone/revisited.
I'll have to look for it.

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Yeah, Miguel Ferrer is Jose Ferrer and Rosemary Clooney's son--George Clooney's cousin.

He's been in a lot of things, from RoboCop to Twin Peaks, and a regular cast member of "Crossing Jordan" and the shortlived remake of "The Bionic Woman".

I was a bit intimidated when I first met him, because he always plays such heavy characters, but he's a good guy.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I like the one where books are contraband and the fellow wants his execution broadcasted

new topics

top topics

join