It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chavez hails victory over US Corp.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Chavez hails victory over US Corp.

www.presstv.ir

Hugo Chavez praises a recent legal victory over Texas-based Exxon Mobil Corp., calling a British judge's ruling a defeat for the US.

Judge Paul Walker's March 18 decision voided an order to freeze US$12 billion in assets belonging to Petroleos de Venezuela S.A., or PDVSA.

"I feel like a baseball manager that suddenly has his team in the major leagues, winning against the Yankees,'' said Venezuelan president, speaking to PDVSA employees in a nationally televised address.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Watch out Hugo, it was only the first round. Season its just in its beginning!

Messing with US is very dangerous, because they do have will to fight if someone is ready for it. They even have that will, when others dont...

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Yeah, notice that the Whitehouse has already branded Venezuela as a "Terrorist nation"....Bush's oil buddies probably will ask him to have Hugo 'suicided' over this.

I wish we could just find an alternative energy source that wouldn't hold us all down already. But these endlessly greedy scum won't allow it to happen, unless they can figure out a way to rape us for trillions more out of it.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
... And when we remember that "baseball language" is the one that even Bush understands, this one he will remember.

Same time in white house:

"Look Dick, come to check this out! Now he attacks to our Holy Yankees! God damn you Hugo! (Quiet) Dick, can we send there some drones with hellfires or something, please, do this for me... Do I attack his favorite football teams? Hell no!"

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

The wins against Exxon are few and far between, just ask the residents of Prince William Sound.

updated 8:26 a.m. PT, Mon., Oct. 29, 2007
WASHINGTON - Eighteen years after the worst oil spill in U.S. history, its victims suddenly face the prospect of having a $2.5 billion judgment wrested away from them by the Supreme Court.

A federal appeals court had already cut in half the $5 billion punitive damages award that a jury decided Exxon Mobil Corp. should pay for the huge Exxon Valdez oil spill that fouled more than 1,200 miles of Alaskan coastline in 1989.

The justices said Monday they would consider whether Exxon Mobil, which already has paid $3.4 billion in cleanup costs and other penalties, should face any punitive damages at all.
msnbc.com | Supreme Court to review Exxon Valdez case

Screw Exxon!!

Hugo FTW!!

teh w00t!

new topics

top topics

join