It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU Plowing Through Sovereignty - No Votes Allowed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mlmijyd
Just as 9/11 paved the way for the US to make sweeping changes to erode their people’s rights (and was a helpful mandate for UK/EU also).

I'm fearful of the plans that are no doubt afoot to create the 'incident' to enable the need for this EU military force.

I’m curious about the opinion of any UK people on here with our current state of governing in the UK?

I doubt there will ever be a European Army as such. The Treaty states that when one member of Europe is attacked, then it constitutes an attack against Europe. So for example, if Britain were attacked by Iran, and Britain then declared war on Iran, the rest of Europe would not be allowed to criticise Britain. The Treaty clearly states that no member is obligated to provide military or material support, but they will also be, by default, at war with Iran too. I only see Britain benefiting from this particular ratification, and the US by association. By Britain I of course mean the establishment rather than we subjects.

I believe it makes no difference whether we join Europe or not, Britain will continue to wage war. If we sign up it will only be because they agree with our aims and we theirs. Both systems are corrupt, it is whether the two can reach a mutually beneficial arrangement. Wars these days are not won by the men and women fighting and dying in them, they are agreed, and the booty divided in the board room.

It could all boil down to what Europe offers over what the US does. Britain is most likely bringing Russia to the table, so that could get Europe on side, if not, the US may be keen to find a potential industrial mecca to invest in and give the economy a boost.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Edit to remove post - posted in the wrong thread

[edit on 6-4-2008 by KilgoreTrout]

<< 1   >>

join