It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 skulls discovered in box at discount store warehouse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Ceramic figures that hid bones were bound for shelves
By THOMAS J. SHEERAN
Associated Press
BROOK PARK, Ohio -- Human skulls encased in ceramic have been found among clay pots, baseballs and other items purchased at auction by an Ohio discount store chain.

The trail of the 12 skulls has led to Florida and Peru.

A warehouse employee of the Marc's chain found them while looking through a box purchased at auction Jan. 15 in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. A figurine fell and broke, revealing a skull enshrouded in the ceramic.

(MORE)

www.chron.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Very weird. Hopefully not the victims of crime.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
So where are the rest of the bodies?

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I'd expect this in Georgia, not Ohio!

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
well what type of skulls? ancient, kinda old, recent, still bloody, still with flesh, still talking?!?!

i bet they were about to be shipped out with the rest of somebodys order off ebay

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
It does'nt say where the auction was held
were they bought them.
But, why georgia, Nerdling?

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Could the skulls possibly be artifacts that an archeologist was shipping to another collegue for study? I couldn't really tell what the article meant by saying the skulls were old and dried out.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 02:34 AM
link   
It is not that hard to obtain skulls if you need them for the right purposes. I have examined many skulls and skeletons while going through school. These skulls could have been from a university. In the past Doctors would often have complete skeletons or parts of skeletons in there offices. Nowadays plastic replicas are used.

My point is they could have come from many places and hopefully are not the result of a crime.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I believe I read a differently reported version of this story... didn't the purchaser of the skulls believe them to be ceramic replicas, to be sold as curiosities?

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenkoolaid
It is not that hard to obtain skulls if you need them for the right purposes. I have examined many skulls and skeletons while going through school. These skulls could have been from a university. In the past Doctors would often have complete skeletons or parts of skeletons in there offices. Nowadays plastic replicas are used.

My point is they could have come from many places and hopefully are not the result of a crime.

Right you are. Just having some skulls does not make you a criminal. Could be from anyplace. You can even by them online.
www.bmezine.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Definitely possible that they were encased in ceramic in order to preseve them for study.

On the more gruesome side, it sounds like one of those late night horror movies I saw where the artist used real people under his sculptures.

[Edited on 25-2-2004 by outsider]

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I think he said I'd expect this in Ga because of all the bodies found in that guy's backyard...he was pretending to cremate them..chargin the families money..give them dirt in an urn and then keepin the bodies for himself

new topics

top topics

join