It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detroit's Mayor Charged Multiple Felonies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
OK, I am sick of main stream media. This has been a huge issue in Detroit for awhile now they got him.

Look at the whole title "Democratic Mayor", so what, are they trying to add fuel to the fire, then "the black politician" in the article, are they trying to get a rise out of people.

Why is the race card always played?

When Eloit Spitzer got nailed in New York they didn't say "White Governor". I am tired of this crap.

Detroit's Democratic mayor indicted in sex scandal

DETROIT (Reuters) - Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick was charged with perjury, obstruction of justice and official misconduct on Monday stemming from a sex scandal and the prominent Democrat's handling of an $8.4 million settlement of a whistle-blower lawsuit against the city.

The controversy surrounding the black politician once seen as a rising star in his party has deadlocked city government and could spill over to presidential politics and the issue of how the Democratic Party handles Michigan delegates still being contested by Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

www.nytimes.com...

[edit on 24-3-2008 by Realtruth]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
A city that is in deep dispair for a very long time sometimes is fooled into electing a con artist. I has happened 1000 times before in other cities in the US. Unfortunately, the race card is the only defense ths mayor has becuase he was caught red-handed. So now a long protracted set of events will transpire as the power brokers fight to retain the power as long as possible. Even when convicted, he will maintain that he is innocent. What a waste of tax dollars for a community that needs them for than they need to pay for this crook.

new topics

join