It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens downed Tunguska meteorite to save Earth

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Aliens downed Tunguska meteorite to save Earth

english.pravda.ru

Aliens downed Tunguska meteorite to protect our planet from devastation, stated Russian scientist Yuriy Lavbin.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.theregister.co.uk

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I'm not sure of the validity of the source, or the scientist. However, there is an additional news story on The Register stating that Yuriy Lavbin has previously managed to lose a three ton asteroid in an office move, so he probably isn't that credible.

english.pravda.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I've read elsewhere that the Russian print media is half (probably deliberate) bunk and half true. The trick is sorting the two out!

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Digg here:
digg.com...

You beat me by that much.

Pictures or it didn't happen!

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Pravda, even if they'd have pictures I'd say it didn't happen. Not news.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I read a very interesting article about the Tunguska meteorite in an old (2003) Nexus magazine report on their website, if nothing else it was a good read.
It's in five parts I'll try to post a link to part one (if i can, never tried before so bear with me)
www.nexusmagazine.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Smokersroom

Pravda has become Russia's answer to The National Enquirer.

I'm sorry, but I'd take anything they print with a grain of salt.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Reality Hurts

Thought so! Its a new and interesting theory regardless of its basis in fact or fallacy!

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Basket

He Grey Basket, how are you old debunker?
Never mind my saying, but what do you think of this option, and don’t ask me for undeniable proof or pictures?

It was definitely not a meteorite; it was in reality some spaceship in some bad technical trouble.

It was forbidden to bring the ship help for some unknown reasons of course.
So all the crew of the ship faced the disturbing reality of being stranded here.
And because of that they constructed a bomb, and raised their ship as high as they possible could and let it come down to Earth.
And there you have the real Tunguska disaster.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by yellowbeard

VU: It is not so much a case of belief; we know what caused it. It was a meteor, but a meteor that was destroyed by ... let's say, a missile. The missile was generated by a material installation. We don't know who constructed it, but it was built long, long ago and is situated in Siberia, several hundred kilometres north of Tunguska.

Interesting link, but I can't find any independent verification of who Valery Uvarov is...

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smokersroom
Interesting link, but I can't find any independent verification of who Valery Uvarov is...

Hi Smokersroom, search on Google “Valery Uvarov Russia” and you find some more very interesting information about him.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I think there are many unexplained mysteries regarding Tegungska all russian enquirer aside. Mainly, how the explosion dessimated acres of timber to toothpicks in domino effect but left the epicenter area virtually untouched. A most interesting read regardless. Many theories. Still studied.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Honestly, since we have so many UFO sightings and alien encounters, including abductions, it is obvious to me at least one species of aliens has a huge interest in us. I really do think they would intercept/prevent something catastrophic like an astroid collision. It would be like protecting an investment.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Did Yuriy Lavbin get his degree out of a Cracker Jack box? If this guy is a scientist, they need to make the standards a little more difficult to become one in the first place.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Ah blueracer. I knew I could count on you to put a fatalist crush on this. If you do your homework and reading you may find some intriguing points of interest.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
this just sounds crazy and far fetched

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 25-3-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Not really - the guy who came up with this ridiculous theory is the one handing out the fatalist crushes, not Blueracer.

All the evidence surrounding the Tunguska event points to an air-burst of a comet fragment or meteoroid. No aliens. No interstellar battles. Nothing that far-fetched at all.

But then that's not as exciting as aliens running around protecting us, so heck - let's just ignore that theory (and all its evidence) and focus on one made up by some loony russian, reported in one of the most ridiculous newspapers ever known to man.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
it's supposed to be a ridiculous newspaper, just like the NI one..

I don't know much about this russian case. But I don't think the idea the aliens would protect us is ridiculous at all. They obviously have a huge interest and investment in us... and maybe Earth itself. This is obvious by the volume of sightings and encounters, over the span of half a century or longer. Unless they are done with us, which it doesn't seem like they are, then sure why not protect their investment or their 'crops', or however they view us.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smokersroom
Its a new and interesting theory regardless of its basis in fact or fallacy!

It's not new and it's only interesting because it's fiction.

A theory regardless of fact or fallacy belongs on Skunk Works not Breaking Alternative News.

I would hope to not see news on Bat Boy on here, so anything from Pravda is just as bad.

My opinion on the subject: Believe it or not, things do happen naturally. Nature has amazed us from day one, so to be amazed at some of the anomalies regarding this event is perfectly understandable, so long as you do not get carried away and attempt to explain it with some wild theory.

To act like we know everything there is to know, and act like we know how everything should look is quite arrogant. We need to accept the fact that things happen that are out of our control and may be beyond our level of expertise in explaining them.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Being able to read a paper at night days before and days after by local reports. A rip in the sky, object made nearly 90 degree divert.
Campers nearby barely escaped with lives from searing heat.
Sure, it was 1918. Who could/can believe a word of it.
You cannot tell me it was NOT extraordinary, nor can I say it was a simple fireball.
Regardless, it was huge. I have my reasons to say it was an unusual event.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join