It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is love...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I have come to the conclusion that the most spectacular thing we are capable of is our ability to love!!! This feeling of love comes with a price, but in my opinion, one that is more than worth paying!!! I truly believe that 5 minutes of true love is more powerful than a lifetime of hurt!!! Love is like combining laughter, happiness, joy, compassion, lust, excitement, victory, and absolute pleasure into a single unexplainable emotion!!! It is an emotion so strong that it will, even if only for a moment, make you forget about every bad thing that has ever happened to you, distract you from all the pain that you are currently going through, and make you completely ignore all of the horrible things that you are aware you about to go through!!! It is significantly more powerful than any other emotion we are capable of having, and has no opposing feeling for even being betrayed by a loved one cannot compare to the intensity one feels while overcome with the surreal pleasure that it offers!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
my opinion of love (most of this is analogy)

love is an act and not just a feeling/emotion. love is a process that takes place. love is like aredwood tree, where you develop it and make it grow. you start with the roots and make them strong before you start making the green leaves and the flowers (the exciting parts) the trees depend on teh roots of the other trees in order to stand tall and grow strong... love is like a house, you build a strong foundation to build a strong house before you make it home.

love is what makes you able to last through tough weather, when teh storms hit and you are able to stand tall through the wind and the rain. love also protects you from the weather and from harm like the house does.

Love is not just an emotion or feelings. its not just chemical reactions that evolved into the body over millions of years. love was created and designed by God to keep up in touch with each other, to share ourselves with each other, to live with each other, to laugh, cry, care, walk, sleep, etc with each other.

love is and does things. now love is not a physical thing, but it will cause one to be and act in different/good ways. Love can be pleasurable, but pleasure is not always the result in love. love can hurt also.

and if I may add... sex does not equal love... love most often times does result in making love (sex) but sex itself is not love. im sure I dont have to explain this but if anyone wants more of an explanation ill be glad to provide a more detailed explanation.

thats pretty much what I think about love.

[edit on 24-3-2008 by Methuselah]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
What is love? Well, for some it's money. I believe that is true to some extent. In california, love is money, a car and a house. :w:

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Love is something that I have always wanted to feel but, sadly never have been able to!
I'm not really sure what it is!

I've already been through the car and house thing, and it did'nt work!

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   

What is love? Well, for some it's money. I believe that is true to some extent. In california, love is money, a car and a house.

money is love?
you mean what you can do with money can get you love? or just the simply equation of "money=love"?
this sounds a lot like someone loving someone for what they have... more like using someone. so what happens when the person runs out of money? or something happens to where they lose their house or car? what then? do they no longer have love?

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Getting technical: Love is a noun and a verb. You make a decision to love someone even if the feeling is not there.

It is consciously making a decision to love someone and then to support that decision by action. Many times love is there in the decision, and then "the feeling" of love follows later. It is how so many Eastern marriages worked even though the new bride and groom did not know each other prior to the ceremony.

Usually the feeling of love in the beginning, is not actually love. Hence, the big divorce rate. In the past couples stuck it out and often developed a real closeness once the romantic illusion wore off.

Today many singles face the; "Love Avoidant" one who cannot commit and is perpetually looking for the perfect one and never finds them! Society is riddled with love addicts. Once addiction enters or stimulates a relationship there is little hope because the addict lives and thrives on fantasy. Once reality enters the picture the addict usually...runs!

That is your therapy session for the day! LOL!

new topics

top topics

join