It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hate is Love...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
When asked the question "what is hate" the most common response is that it is "the opposite of love"! I however strongly disagree! Love is defined by the level of thought one has for another! The more you love somebody the more you think about them! Therefore the opposite of love would be lack of thought! So I ask myself, what is hate? When you hate somebody you constantly think about them, you think about ways to hurt them and ways to make them suffer! It is impossible to hate somebody that you don't care about, because if you didn't care about them you wouldn't give them any thought! Hate is nothing more than love with a metaphysical thorn stuck in the very pit of its core! It is my belief that if you were to remove the thorn all you have left is love in its purest form! I am not talking about forgiveness; I mean completely erasing the thorn from the very thread of its existence…

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by sparda4355

Sparda,

What made you even think of this? Your thought is brilliant.

When I was younger I might have agreed with you.

Now that I have aged a little bit, I find that I don't "hate" anything. It takes up to much energy. I have found that dwelling in "hate" for anyone or anything can bring negativity into my life.

Anyone or anything worth hating, deserves no thought of mine at all, because to do so means a wasted thought!

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
...weird, on the what is love thread, my first thought was that it was hate! I guess I might have had it backwards!

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan
reply to post by sparda4355

Anyone or anything worth hating, deserves no thought of mine at all, because to do so means a wasted thought!

My thoughts exactly... Generally we tend to hate the ones that we love, but have in turn hurt us... Becuase I love still exists, but our hearts our hurt, we call this hate... but truly, just because they hurt us... it didn't take away the love we had for them, we still think about them all the time, they still consume our thoughts and because we don't want to admit that we still love them, we call this feeling hate...

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Givenmay
...weird, on the what is love thread, my first thought was that it was hate! I guess I might have had it backwards!

Maybe not... Maybe "love" is a cruel joke created by some higher being in an attempt to amuse themself... To see what stupid and crazy things we are willing to do in the name of love... How badly we are willing to torture ourselves and what we are willing to endure, just for the ones we love?

So to me either love is the meaning of life, or it is meant to distract us from the real meaning of life...

Who knows?

All I know is that love = (happiness + pain)

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I've read similar things before and this line of thought is completely absurd. What idiot originally dreamed this crap up? I know the OP isn't the first to say things like this.

Hate is just that... hate. If I hate anything, you'd better believe it isn't somehow really love in disguise.

Say for example that you voice the opinion you hate having an itchy ass... according to this ridiculous logic, you don't really hate having an itchy ass at all, oh no... you LOVE having an itchy ass. Apply the same thing to hemroids, toe fungus, or your affliction of choice.

=.=

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bachelor

Say for example that you voice the opinion you hate having an itchy ass... according to this ridiculous logic, you don't really hate having an itchy ass at all, oh no... you LOVE having an itchy ass. Apply the same thing to hemroids, toe fungus, or your affliction of choice.

=.=

Well technically your correct, there is no such thing as an origional thought... However, I did come up with this theory on my own... and I am not refering to the word hate discribing something you are annoyed by... I am talking about PEOPLE...

Most people who use the word hate when refering to a person use it to describe somebody that causes them lots of emotional pain... For hate to develope, you MUST give that person a lot of thought... They consume your mind day and night... Much like when you love somebody!

If you were to remove the "pain" all that would be left is the thoughts about that person... If a person consumes your every thought and you don't hate them, this feeling would be the same as loving somebody...

It is really hard to describe, but honestly my point was this...

If you don't care about somebody, they can't hurt your feelings... If I told you I don't like you and you bother me, you wouldn't care because you don't even know me... If your girlfriend said that about you, it would bother you a lot!

It was more of a thought to ponder... and hypothetical at that... It technically isn't possible to remove the "thorn" completely, we as humens will always remember the pain!

If you hate somebody, forget about them... Don't give them any thought, don't look in their direction, don't call them or answer when they call you... That is the way HATE should be!

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparda4355
I am talking about PEOPLE...

I realize that, did you think I didn't? Your line of thought is ridiculous on this, no offense but it is. I know there isn't a shortage of people that will agree with and share your views on it, I've seen this kind of thing said plenty of times before...

I think this kind of twisted logic is basically a protection mechanism some people conjur up to deal with it when people can't stand them, despise them, just don't like them, hate them, wish they were dead, lol and so on and so forth.

"Oh they don't really hate me and curse the ground I walk on, they really LOVE me or they wouldn't be investing all that energy! It's so nice to be loved!"

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bachelor

I am talking about PEOPLE...

I think this kind of twisted logic is basically a protection mechanism some people conjur up to deal with it when people can't stand them, despise them, just don't like them, hate them, wish they were dead, lol and so on and so forth.

Well I do see your point... Like it is something your parents tell you to make you feel better if nobody likes you at school... No I get that...

Except...

I came up with this thought when I was evaluating my feelings for certain people, not their feelings for me... I realized that if I continue to allow somebody to consume my thought, it means I care about them! I allow them to control my thoughts! There is a reason the thoughts exist and if I truly despise the very ground these people walk on, then I must get them OUT of my thought!

That being said, there was a certain person that consumed my thoughts a lot, she hurt me and I "thought" that I hated her... For a while...

But then I realized that my feelings were that of love, not of hate... There was thorn and I removed it, and the thought of her still consumed me, only now in a possitive way!

I am sure, no possitive that this same rule of thought won't apply to everybody or every person you hate, but I do firmly believe that if you don't care about the person, you won't give them any thought... If you don't care about th e person or what they think, they can't hurt you emotionally!

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I realized that if I continue to allow somebody to consume my thought, it means I care about them!

I see what you're trying to say I think. Basically, don't allow yourself to hate others because you're only empowering them to consume your thoughts, etc. etc.

Still though, you can absolutely detest someone's mere existance and fill your thoughts with hatred for them day and night... that still doesn't mean you actually care about them. Hate and love are not the same thing, you may hate someone you used to love... or love someone you used to hate... but hate and love are two very different emotions, they are not the same.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Actually, I personally think hate is an emotion that manipulates the individual into being controlled by the other person, without that person having any personal control whatsoever over the one being manipulated through hate.

The one hated, is probably carefree and oblivious to the other person and their hate, while the one inflicted by hate, is bound to that person continually in thought.

Jealousy is just as bad.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdposey
Actually, I personally think hate is an emotion that manipulates the individual into being controlled by the other person, without that person having any personal control whatsoever over the one being manipulated through hate.

The one hated, is probably carefree and oblivious to the other person and their hate, while the one inflicted by hate, is bound to that person continually in thought.

Jealousy is just as bad.

Not only do I agree with you...

I think they describe this concept EXACTLY in the bible!

Good point!

I guess my whole love/hate thing is more of a conversation starter... but I do think it holds some weight! I understand it is easily argued and loses credibility, but if you give it some thought, some "deep" thought... In a way it does make sense!

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
i don't hate anyone, i just get annoyed at seeing people being weak - because it reminds me of my own weaknesses. i don't hate people that attack and insult me either, I hate that they sometimes are able to elicit a response.

So really, the only things I dislike or hate, or observing things about myself, in other people. I imagine it's the same for everyone, but not everyone realizes it. That's about as close to new-agey as I get.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I hate love and I love hate. I hate to love and I love to hate. I hate hate and I love love. I hate to hate and I love to love. I hate to love those that love to hate and I love to hate those that hate to love. I hate to love those that hate to love and I love to hate those that love to hate. I am one embodied infinite contradiction of nascent self perception and verbally logical friction.

*looks forward to ignores and straight jackets*

[edit on 25-3-2008 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

top topics

join