It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very disturbing painting, might scare you, it scared me

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by pynner

I found a good size pic of this painting for my profile page (else where).... but odd.. it keeps stalling on just that upload..

Okay, now I'm a little creeped. The OP's first link kept stalling on me, and didn't work until the third try.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Very strange painting and I did feel something odd- this is probably because I am a collector and this painting is awful self portrait of and by an very wounded artist. I for one hope that the artist was able to express and "release" these memories for him/herself, so they can go on to some of the better things in life.

I could break it down- but I will not. The artist has suffered enough and deserves no further rejection, affirmation or critic of his.her work regarding this piece. It was and/or is time to move on and I hope he/she did in fact do that.

However- the current owner of this piece is more than welcome to bring it to my house for a night- which I am willing to spend and pay homage and respect to the artist who suffered. Any condition may apply but are limited to a guard at the door to ensure theft is not possible.

In the morning I will be happy to give notes which may include nothing at all, but do not necessarily prove that the current owner is attempting to increase the value og their purchase by placing a "haunting curse" on it. Any outside attempt at CGI will be duly noted and reported here.

It is not like this has not happened before....numerous times, in fact... I am just saying not implying and humbling offering my services in the event the OP is really interested.

Yes, I will go this far to help my fellow ATSers from being fooled or affirm that this is a real event.

PS_ always remember that Diane Brooks of Sotheby's went to jail for numerous things and Sotheby's got busted for smuggling great art fakes for an upcoming auction. 60 minutes carried the expose. Look it up for yourselves I am tired!

It is an intriguing piece that I wish to acknowledge the OP for bringing it to our attention. If I am taken up on my offer- I will report everything truthfully as it happenes. I will do that.

What is anyone else willing to do?

[edit on 25-3-2008 by dk3000]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Come on people, there is nothing evil or supernatural about this painting...

Bill Stoneham painted it as a reflection of his childhood (from what I recall.) The picture is creepy, and couple that with a good Ebay ad, some publicity and you've got a ghost story.

Those problems your having with your upload or interent connection while viewing this painting are just coincodence.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Lovely painting, I remember my grandmother had a painting that would come out and play in the night. Scared the life outa me when I was a kid, loved staying at her house tho. But I didn't even dare looking in the direction of the room the painting was in.
I wish I could go back again and face my fears.
Don't really think there is anything but a ghost story to The Hands Resist Him but then again I haven't looked at it in the middle of a dark stormfull evening. :p

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Man, where can I buy this?

I want it.... I want it... I WANT IT!!!!

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I remember this from a few years ago, it is quite freaky but not scary really.

this one is as freaky

[edit on 25/7/08 by blupblup]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I have to admit it is a strange picture but to me, not so creepy. The kid does look like a cross between George W Bush and Peter Weller though.....ok that IS creepy
The doll thing is what I find a little bone chilling....I hate those things. My sister had one like it when we were kids and I could swear that the eye lids would open and close by themselves and would be watching you....

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I found the link to his gallery : www.stonehamstudios.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Also a new one in the series.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I was not scared nor freaked out
If anything I was laughing that kid looks like a child version of
George W Bush wait a minute

now I'm freaked and scared

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by VisionQuest

Wow that story on the "box" was very interesting, thanks for the link... but with everything paranormal... I really should learn too read from "finish too start".

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Definitely a very eerie feeling looking at it. I don't like what the person who made the video tried to do with it though, altering, zooming, etc. When it showed it in it's unaltered state is was creep enough. Doing all that just added a cheese factor to it.

I'm not sure about the painting being haunted though. but I will say that I'm a firm believer that items carry the energies of it's owner/creators. Especially things like houses and art. While it's being created I believe the energies, whether they be positive or negative, are, in a sense, embedded into the object.

If this painting is supposed to be a reflection of the artists childhood then, no doubt, that the eerie/creepy feeling everyone is getting were his incredibly warped or just plain negative vibes the creator put into it while it was being created and most certainly makes me feel for the guy.

I would never put this in my house simply because I wouldn't be able to stop feeling like I had to keep an eye on it... while looking at it, I honestly kept feeing like that kid was gonna jump off my screen and slit my throat!!

I most DEFINITELY wouldn't be able to walk the room it was in during the night.

I'm a full grown adult and I still sometimes get that feeling something is right behind me while walking through my dark house and will hightail it into the other room, turn the light on, and shut the door.

What's funny is, a lot of people I know will actually admit to that also

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ucanneverdie

i got a real cold feeling from that photo!

<< 1   >>

join