It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could this be Alien Technology?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by magestyk7
That's the thing, it has NO FILTER, NO CHEMICALS and NO MEMBRANE the machine is pure TECHNOLOGY.

All these things you just listed *are* technology!

Water purification machines have been out for a decade, a simple googling brings up countless of links on companies that sells this stuff. Its nothing new, its just some dude who probably knew someone in the showbusiness and got some free PR.

And how on earth did alien technology get into this subject? There's a reason our view on technology is progressing - It's called research!

XL5

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I think the device uses ozone to make the more harmful chemicals less harmful and kill bacteria. Then it probably uses electrolysis to make hydrogen and oxygen, then burn them to make heat and water.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Electrical distillation is very old tech. For this purpose (?), Lybian leader, Colonel Khadafi has been trying to buy a nuclear power plant from the Russians, then from the US, and more recently from France, but the contract is not signed yet AFAIK.

Third world countries don't have enough electricity, they need small, clean, low tech solutions such as this:

(Diagram from Solaqua.)
This technology is simple and inexpensive, I have no idea why Lybia and other African countries don't use solar distillation on their sea coasts.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Wow! This guy has alien technology? Aliens are giving technology out while we sleep? You've got to be kidding me with this stuff!

When you don't understand something wouldn't the most logical next step be to research it and find out how it works? Jumping completely over terrestrial knowledge and assuming something is alien just because it amazes you amazes me.

Very disappointing, very disappointing indeed....

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by magestyk7

glad to see you understand the essence of world economy. no aliens involved indeed. if the most powerful people in the world cared about the peoples well being we would have infinite energy and water supply FOR EVERYONE since the 60s

[edit on 24-3-2008 by Iseek]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Check his wikipedia page. It's a Stirling engine powered water purification device. It purifies the water and generates energy through a simple Stirling engine.

Dean Kamen is a genius. That's all. No alien anything here.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Dean Kamen got the credit for inventing the machine.
It's obvious that most people think he did it on he's own.

To me I think it's a bit odd that all this other filtration (systems) that people stated and that's been around for 30 years or longer, some that are as huge as a Plant and other that take massive electricity it's out there.
Then somehow comes out this machine that managed to combined all of them together in a small box and plugs on a 110 socket BUT yet it has none of their FLAWS...filters,chemicals, membranes...etc. and it does it better
by filtering chemical waste if you feel like doing it.

I think that if E.T. can teleport, travel faster than the speed of light and bend light to be invisible can surely be smart enough to put an Idea on someones head so they can invent something.

This machine is great because now people in 3rd world countries that other government didn't give a crap about can have safe water. I'm assuming some governments if they had it their way would have stooped this from happening.

that's my $0.02

Oh yeah 1 last thing if let's say we did managed to come up with a few things from the Roswell crash some 50 years ago like microchips then in a certain way he's invention and every body else's was influenced by Alien tech after that point.

[edit on 24-3-2008 by magestyk7]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   

in a certain way his invention and everybody else's was influenced by Alien tech after that point.

What "certain way" is that?

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
This isnt exactly an invention. It has been around for decades, especially in the space industry
science.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Its called human ingenuity. What's your reason to believe something like that? Aliens don't want to share there technology with us, no matter what they say is at Area 51 we do not have alien technology whatsoever and If we do is because we shot something down and recovered it. We are not working with aliens and water purification is a simple concept to anyone who is advanced in hydrology.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Just wanted to add my two bits....
The machine costs about 100,000 USD right now, however hopes are to get these mass produced, (they are hand made now) and down to 1,000 - 2,000 USD. This was and is the greatest thing invented in our time. It produces clean water and energy.

Amazing. Long live the Slingshot.
P.S. I haven't stopped talking about this for two days now. Nice to see a thread, wrong angle.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
When I first read the title of the thread my thoughts jumped right to an interview with Jim Sparks and Art Bell. Jim is an abductee and he claims one night he was part of a mass abduction where thousands of people were taken aboard a ship and had their senses heightened to be more emotionally susceptible to pictures of the Earth dying. Anyways, during this mass abduction Jim was conscious as per usual for him but there was another man standing up there which was odd as most people were incapacitated. He remembered his face because of this and Jim later meets this man at a UFO conference where he introduces himself as Doug Redante (I think that's how it is spelled) and they became friends. In the interview Jim states that Doug, who works in the video industry, developed a water filtration device that was highly sought after by the military. I found it odd that a cameraman who has a background in the video business, is semi-conscious during an abduction meets a fairly famous abductee and later goes on to invent a water filtration device.

Scroll to 8:30 for the relevant talk:

Now, I have no idea how Dean Kamen got his insight for this but the man's genius is off the charts. I saw him on IFC's Iconoclasts and his life is pretty remarkable. I do think though that it's coincedental enough to warrant some attention to one inventor developing a similar if not same device that sprung from alien interactions.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
i think dean kamen is a real genius. before segway, his DUH invention, dean made a lot of breakthrough medical machines, like the portable dialysis machine and the insulin autosyringe. making a lot of money and saving lots of sick people. i think the only alien inventions that i know exist are the velcro and the Q-tip

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Dean Kamen got the credit for inventing the machine.
It's obvious that most people think he did it on he's own.

To me I think it's a bit odd that all this other filtration (systems) that people stated and that's been around for 30 years or longer, some that are as huge as a Plant and other that take massive electricity it's out there.
Then somehow comes out this machine that managed to combined all of them together in a small box and plugs on a 110 socket BUT yet it has none of their FLAWS...filters,chemicals, membranes...etc. and it does it better
by filtering chemical waste if you feel like doing it.

uhmmm ok. Municipal plants are there to filter water for tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands or millions of people. For all we know this device "filters" enough water for one human being.

So, did aliens give us the idea for filters too? A few hundred years ago, no one had thought of the idea of filtering water through a membrane. I'm sure it was a revoloutionary idea back then.

How do you know it has no flaws? Because of the interview that is basically an advertisement for this device?

Do you believe that Oxy Clean will really clean a white shirt that's been stained with red wine, grass and dog poop in seconds?

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Well what turned out to be a simple "no way is this alien tech"argument has really balanced itself out........it is about 50-50,it could go both ways.Although I still believe it is totally man made or from "gradual et tech release" I would like to read more on this and hear what others have to say.

6. Deionization

The ion-exchange resins capture dissolved ions in the feed water at the top of the cell. Electric current applied across the module pulls those ions through the ion-selective membrane towards the electrodes. Cations are pulled through the cation-permeable membrane towards the cathode, and anions through the anion-selective membrane towards the anode. These ions, however, are unable to travel all the way to their respective electrodes since they come to the adjacent ion-selective membrane which is of the opposite charge. This prevents further migrations of ions, which are then forced to concentrate in the space between the cells. This space is known as the "concentrate" channel, and the ions concentrated in this area are flushed out of the system to the drain.

The channel running through the resin bed in the center of the cell is known as the "dilute" channel. As water passes down this channel, it is progressively deionized. At the lower end of the dilute channel, where water is free of ions, splitting of H2O occurs in the electric field. This generates H+ and OH- which regenerate the ion exchange resins, effectively eliminating chemical regeneration.
[ Back to Top ]

7. Ultraviolet Radiation

Recent advances in UV lamp technology have resulted in the production of special lamps which generate both 185 nm and 254 nm UV light. This combination of wavelengths is necessary for the photooxidation of organic compounds. With these special lamps, Total Organic Carbon (TOC) levels in high purity water can be reduced to 5 ppb.
[ Back to Top ] Link

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Anyone who knows anything about anything knows that humans lack the ability to invent stuff.
It's science.
This is obviously proof of Reptillianoids/Greys with pink nipples.

Ah the conspiracy flag- Will you ever be kept from waving wildly?

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
People think it might be Alien tech because the statement was posed to people who are on the ATS site. Same group of people that argue the possibility of a hollow-earth, the existance of Retilian-humanoids(?), the coming planet Nibiru, the NWO, and any number of ridiculous fantasies. That's not to say that EVERYONE on here is a nut, obviously not. Im just saying there are loads of people on this board who would believe just about anything you tell them, so long as it runs contrary to accepted wisdom and common sense.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
He was on one of the Discovery HD channels this morning, some Da Vinci invention related type show.

When he was on Colbert, I had no idea he was the guy who made the Segway too.

On the Disc. show, he spoke of his electric machine. A village had electricity for 3 weeks from just dung from the local animals.

His idea is to have both machines working together to supply people with near-free energy and pure water (the water machine run off of the generator).

Being able to put dung or whatever in it, reminds me of Doc Brown's contraption on the upgraded DeLorean.

The thing puts enough power out to run a village, or even one of our tech-heavy homes. Imagine, your own poop and garbage powering your house and giving you cleaner water than the drug infused city tap water, I think it was 2 MW a day and 1000L/day respectively.

What a brilliant man

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BloodthirstyCapitalist
People think it might be Alien tech because the statement was posed to people who are on the ATS site. Same group of people that argue the possibility of a hollow-earth, the existance of Retilian-humanoids(?), the coming planet Nibiru, the NWO, and any number of ridiculous fantasies. That's not to say that EVERYONE on here is a nut, obviously not. Im just saying there are loads of people on this board who would believe just about anything you tell them, so long as it runs contrary to accepted wisdom and common sense.

Its reptilian,not retilian...and not everyone buys into everything,I for one dont believe in the planet Nibiru-I think its a load of crap.So it seems like what you said is anyone who believes in 1.NWO,2.Reptilians,3.Nibiru,4.hollow earth...is a nut............ok sorry back to topic....no I dont think it is alien tech.but it could be.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by BloodthirstyCapitalist
I'm just saying there are loads of people on this board who would believe just about anything you tell them, so long as it runs contrary to accepted wisdom and common sense.

Yeah, people are pretty quick to attribute things to aliens around here, which is interesting since there's no good evidence they even exist. Even attributing flying saucer UFOs to aliens is a stretch, really, since I'm not aware of anything at all even really linking the two things. As for someone coming out with a decent invention after five years of work, all I can say is five years of work.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join