It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Was That?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Last night I was trying to go to bed (I went to bed around 11:30), when I decided to try an OOBE. I got to were my hands started to have the tingling sensation, then I stopped because I was to tired. When I opened my eyes, I saw a big black something staring me in the face (I sleep with my face facing the wall). I wasn't totally sure of what it was or of it's presents until a few minutes later. I kept staring at it trying to figure out what it was, then I moved my pillow and I saw that some of the black something came onto my pillow, that's when I really freaked out and I got really scared. I then got out of bed being very scared and looked back at my bed (standing next to my light to turn it on) it looked sort of wierd, but I couldn't tell what was wrong with it. I then turned my light on and couldn't go near that area or to bed for around 20 min. to half an hour. It was a very wierd experience, unlike anything that has occured to me.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Hmm.. Was it like an actual face looking at you? Or just a big black something you couldn't make out? Maybe it was just that you were really tired and lost even more energy when you were trying to do an OOBE. Probably just your mind playing tricks on you, especially if the room is already really dark and your looking into darkness.

I have seen many strange things from looking into darkness. I go to bed sometimes and just look into it ( not being able to see anything its so dark ) and my brain will just make things form. I have even seen outlines of people, like something was standing right there in my hallway looking at me. Its creepy!

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The grays cloak themselves in this shadow view to try to prevent the kind of reaction that you made when they abduct certain people.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The grays? Elaborate please.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
When I once tried it my whole body was shaking in sea of pleasure for about 10-15 seconds. But don't try this.
Your experience comfirms my suspicions that OOBE has something to do with evil and demons.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
The grays cloak themselves in this shadow view to try to prevent the kind of reaction that you made when they abduct certain people.

I'm sorry to say, I highly doubt aliens were in my room.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
that sounds very scarey.

i suggest that you dont try OOBE untill you get a grip on what this was.

Did you get any feeling from this shadow?
besides your own feelings of fear.

Has anything like this happened to you before?

and have you tryed OOBE alot of is this pretty new to you?

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
that sounds very scarey.

i suggest that you dont try OOBE untill you get a grip on what this was.

Did you get any feeling from this shadow?
besides your own feelings of fear.

Has anything like this happened to you before?

and have you tryed OOBE alot of is this pretty new to you?

I did get the sensation like something evil was hovering (sp?) above me while I tried to sleep afterwards.

No, as I said before, this was a new experience for me and hopefully the last.

Yes, OOBE'ing is pretty new to me, I started practicing about 3 and a half months ago, I have yet to achieve my first projection. I actually just tried OOBE'ing today during the daytime and I felt fine, I might have been a little paranoid than other times.

I should probably also mention that none of my parents know that I experiment with OOBE's or that kind of stuff. They would just brush it off saying like you're just hallucinating. My explanation for last night's experience was that I saw it after I opened my eyes and there was this big black round thing infront of me, and I became very scared.

I should also clarify the looks of this thing. It wasn't like a face or anything, it was just an area of blackness, blacker then night time, so it was pretty noticeable. It was about 2 feet wide and about as tall as my head is.

[Edited on 22-2-2004 by TheCatalyst]

[Edited on 22-2-2004 by TheCatalyst]

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCatalyst
Last night I was trying to go to bed (I went to bed around 11:30), when I decided to try an OOBE. I got to were my hands started to have the tingling sensation, then I stopped because I was to tired. When I opened my eyes, I saw a big black something staring me in the face (I sleep with my face facing the wall). I wasn't totally sure of what it was or of it's presents until a few minutes later. I kept staring at it trying to figure out what it was, then I moved my pillow and I saw that some of the black something came onto my pillow, that's when I really freaked out and I got really scared. I then got out of bed being very scared and looked back at my bed (standing next to my light to turn it on) it looked sort of wierd, but I couldn't tell what was wrong with it. I then turned my light on and couldn't go near that area or to bed for around 20 min. to half an hour. It was a very wierd experience, unlike anything that has occured to me.

So when you turned on the light did you look at it again to see what it is?????????????????????????

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Look up information on "waking dreams." I'm pretty sure this will answer your question of what you experienced.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673

Originally posted by TheCatalyst

So when you turned on the light did you look at it again to see what it is?????????????????????????

I did look back at my bed and it was normal looking, but since I was freaked out I didn't want to go anywhere near the area of my pillow.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I feel really stupid now that I know what it was. The black area, was the shadow of my freakin' pillow!!!!! But what was wierd was, once I figured out what that was, I felt comfortable and almost refreshed, if you will. Grrr!!!!

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
lol..well im glad you found out what it was lol

well a pillow is better that a demon ect....

Now you can rest easy!!!

lol

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Yes, I am now able to not being worried about being abducted by greys

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Were you by any chance doped up on robotussin? If not, it was most likely just one of those weird things that happens drifting in and out of sleep. Maybe its a scientific phenomena, maybe its something supernatural..

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoktek
Were you by any chance doped up on robotussin? If not, it was most likely just one of those weird things that happens drifting in and out of sleep. Maybe its a scientific phenomena, maybe its something supernatural..

I am very positive I wasn't doped with robotussin.

new topics

top topics

join