It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fitna the movie (on March 23, 2008)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
The following site shows that the Anti-Islamic film Fitna will be published on March 23, 2008.
www.fitnathemovie.co.uk...

But the website where the film is expected to be published does not show a date.
www.fitnathemovie.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
On March 23 the following site shows now:
www.fitnathemovie.com...

This site has been suspended while Network Solutions is investigating whether the site's content is in violation of the Network Solutions Acceptable Use Policy. Network Solutions has received a number of complaints regarding this site that are under investigation. For more information about Network Solutions Acceptable Use Policy visit the following URL: www.networksolutions.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
This Youtube movie gives you a broader idea of Fitna, the Netherlands and the Dutch PM, Wilders .

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Now the Czech extra-parliamentary nationalist National Party (NS) has offered its foreign server for the release of the Fitna movie.

wildersnews.blogspot.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
You can view both Dutch and English versions on Liveleak

Fitna Movie

Not to sure what all the fuss is about.....

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
And published on his BLOG:
wildersnews.blogspot.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I am from Holland myself and we do have an islamisation problem over here, and the Islam has a lot of issues, but Geert Wilders' only mission is to create hate, imo.

He makes valid points, things I'm concerned with myself, and in the beginning he had my sympathy. Lately I wonder on who's payroll he is.
The way he uses 911 to make muslims look bad is disgusting. I'am pretty sure Geert knows that 911 was an inside job, just as well as I do.

I just don't believe that someone who presents himself as being anti-establishment and a whistleblower of some sort, cannot not see the true nature of the events of 911, and even uses the lie for his propaganda.

That's why I have a bad feeling about him, he uses the concerns that a lot of us Dutchmen have, and plays with that in a way that's not sincere. I have a feeling he is just another NWO puppet, or maybe I'm giving him to much credit.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
This movie shall be watched and received in four different ways in my opinion:

1. Nationalist/ far right : A brilliant and insightful piece of film to show the true colour of islam.

2. Moderate : A propaganda film from the far right to cause fear, hatred and division, but with an intriguing underlying message.

3. Liberal/ Antifa : Racist garbage

4. Muslim : ... [I dont know what the response will be]

Personally I watched it and found it to be a very very well put together film of propaganda. It is an unashamedly biased film, which seeks to show the "true light" of islamic radicalism, and the extent to which it has permeated society.

Its a fairly artistic film, with an ominous soundtrack billowing to overtures when a climax is arrived (usually a scene of terror).

That said, I also found it to be overly visceral. The image of a severed head in the hands of a terrorist is enough to turn even the strongest person into a shocked man. Additionally the image of a young child having their head slit ritually on a shiite religious day is enough to cause intolerance to the faith of islam.

The film achieves its ends in my opinion. It shows the link between the wahhabi school of islam in Saudi Arabia and the dangerously thin (if existant) line between wahhabism and terrorism.

Above all, the film is an apt assessment of how islam can be twisted and used in extremism. However it fails to deal with moderate islam, sufism, druze and other peaceful variants of islam. I suspect this is because it would detract somewhat from the rallying call against islam that Wilders intended it to be.

Summary: Biased, Shocking, Artistic yet too visceral. I shall be nervous to see the response of the wahhabis to this film.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Cartoonist to sue over Islam film

Story

Mr Westergaard told Danish TV that his cartoon was a protest against terrorism, not Islam as a whole.

The Danish journalists' union is suing on his behalf for copyright violation.

"Wilders has the right to make his movie but he has not permission to use my drawing," Mr Westergaard told Denmark's TV2.

"This has nothing to do with freedom of speech," he said. "I will not accept my cartoon being taken out of its original context and used in a completely different one."

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Following all of this makes my stomach churn like listening to George W. Bush -- from his vast ocean of ignorance -- declaring Islam to be a religion of peace.

Now that LiveLeak.com have been forced to take FITNA down because of grave threats against their staff, one wonders if it is possible to have any form of free speech in a world that kowtows to Islam because of fear of violence by Muslims.

Sad days of the world grow even sadder.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Nothing new about this Fitna from the other Fitnas. 9/11 was also a Fitna to demonize Islam, but guess what, it was a Huge Advertisement for Islam, without paying for the Advertisement, and suddenly everyone wanted to know, Hey.....what is Islam.

Like Bush Says..........."Bring it On"

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Looks like its being taken very seriously.

www.liveleak.com...

Following threats to our staff of a very serious nature, and some ill informed reports from certain corners of the British media that could directly lead to the harm of some of our staff, Liveleak.com has been left with no other choice but to remove Fitna from our servers.
This is a sad day for freedom of speech on the net but we have to place the safety and well being of our staff above all else. We would like to thank the thousands of people, from all backgrounds and religions, who gave us their support. They realised LiveLeak.com is a vehicle for many opinions and not just for the support of one.
Perhaps there is still hope that this situation may produce a discussion that could benefit and educate all of us as to how we can accept one anothers culture.
We stood for what we believe in, the ability to be heard, but in the end the price was too high.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilBat
Cartoonist to sue over Islam film

Story

Mr Westergaard told Danish TV that his cartoon was a protest against terrorism, not Islam as a whole.

The Danish journalists' union is suing on his behalf for copyright violation.

"Wilders has the right to make his movie but he has not permission to use my drawing," Mr Westergaard told Denmark's TV2.

"This has nothing to do with freedom of speech," he said. "I will not accept my cartoon being taken out of its original context and used in a completely different one."

Westergaard is a very worried person right now because the Boycott Danish Products is beginning to take it's toll, and the Pressure is severe on him, by the makers of these Products, it's like a kung fu kick boxing match, everyone takes a swipe for the wrong reasons.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The best thing that they can do for this movie is to ban it

Notoriety brings success.

Censorship always fails in the end. Long live freedom of speech.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer

How can you ban such a movie ?
After releasing once on the Internet, it is spread over the world (wide web).

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawk123

Originally posted by 44soulslayer

How can you ban such a movie ?
After releasing once on the Internet, it is spread over the world (wide web).

Yeah that was kind of my point... once you ban something it will always be of more interest to people.

It is being "banned" by being shunned by the entire mainstream media, almost all ISPs and hosting agents etc. Its not a legal ban, but its being prevented from widespread release by these companies being afraid of islamic retribution.

I wonder if that itself is a form of self vindication for the film.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by enigmania

Your reply is genius and the thread should end right here- IMO.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
The movie is off liveleak, but you can view it here:

Fitna on Google Video

I just watched.

I have to say that they did a poor job of separating Islam from the Islamic radicals.

If I was a peacable Islamist I would be offended, but I still reccommend watching the video. Should remember to substitute Islamic Radicalist (in your mind) for all references to Islam in general...

WARNING: There are some very graphic images.

I am surprised that this thread is not getting more comments. ??

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by defuntion
The movie is off liveleak, but you can view it here:

LiveLeak Removes 'Fitna' After Death Threats
littlegreenfootballs.com...

Today LiveLeak Restored 'Fitna'
littlegreenfootballs.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Finally the first part of the movie conytains the Danish cartoon which is copyrighted.

Now the movie needs to be republished without the copyrighted parts.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join