It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The turn me on to new music thread!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
This thread is dedicated to turning people on to new music. Do you have an open mind when it comes to listening to music? I find that a lot of people are threatened when it comes to listening to unfamiliar music. It puts them out of there comfort zone. I find that im always a little behind the people in the know.
wether it's Indie, Pop, r&b, rock, hip-hop, reggae,jazz, blues,elektronica, classical........ you name it, im interested in hearing it and so are you. So let's pool our resources. I will start it out with some new music that i think is really good and hopefully we can go from there.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Streetlight Manifesto, the new era of ska.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
by "new," I don't neccesarily mean just released.
feel free to express your likes and dislike about the music that gets posted here. just keep it civil and abide the terms and conditions, other than that your free to post anything loosely relevant to topic.

I'm gonna start it out with a swedish indie pop band called The Concretes.
I first heard of them a couple months ago. what I really like about them is the singer Victoria Bergsman. I think she is amazing! The band is really good to with simple melodies reminiscent of some of the velvet undergrounds music. here is there Warm Nights Promo Video. enjoy!

youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by samureyed

I love reggae and dub. will check it out. Jakie Mitoo is GOD!

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I love reggae and dub. will check it out. Jakie Mitoo is GOD!

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
i have no link! sorry,

try to find

lack of afro

title;touch me.

they will be massive!

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
srry for dbl post.
(listening to streetlight manifesto right now. a lot of energy!)

Here is one Im sure most peeps are hip to by now but it's so good i want to make sure you know about it Gorrilaz album: Demon Days. It's a really brilliant conceptual album that transcends genres. It also has Dennis Hopper on one of the tracks. If you havent heard it, which I doubt you haven't if your on this thread. You need to give it a listen. you tube is a very great music resourse ehich im sure your all well aware. also gorrilaz b-sides is great to with my favorite track being hong kong.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
1st song of the summer!!

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrsEsterhouse
srry for dbl post.
(listening to streetlight manifesto right now. a lot of energy!)

Here is one Im sure most peeps are hip to by now but it's so good i want to make sure you know about it Gorrilaz album: Demon Days. It's a really brilliant conceptual album that transcends genres. It also has Dennis Hopper on one of the tracks. If you havent heard it, which I doubt you haven't if your on this thread. You need to give it a listen. you tube is a very great music resourse ehich im sure your all well aware. also gorrilaz b-sides is great to with my favorite track being hong kong.

damon rocks!

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by callmedave

very good feel! kinda reminds me of The Go! Team.

youtube.com...

[edit on 21-3-2008 by MrsEsterhouse]

[edit on 21-3-2008 by MrsEsterhouse]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsEsterhouse

go team is my msg tone.

very true bout this

welcome to summer!!!!

lol...

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
[edit on 22-3-2008 by callmedave]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Have you ever listened to Del tha Funkee Homosapien? He has made some appearences in the Gorillaz, but was a full time memer of Heiroglyphics. Check out Mistadobolina by Del

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Have you heard The Residents' version of Snakefinger's "Golden Goat"? Embedding was disabled, but it's here:

youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I love Del. i have him as my myspace friend. I don't own any of his albums yet but i've heard a couple from my buddy who is obssesed with reggae and hip hop. he has way too much music! if that's possible. I also really love MF Doom. he flows from the nose right down to his toes.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

I have never heard The Residents before! See, this is why I created this thread. Im a big Frank zappa and Captain Beefheart Fan. they (the residents) might have been recommended to me but its hard to listen to everything you hear in passing from people. Thats why I created this thread. YAY!

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
A couple of Canadian bands I'm listening to now:

Theory of a Dead Man(Santa Monica):

If you like your music a harder, Protest the Hero(Blood Meat):

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Not really all that new but I really like the blues vibe of these guys,
solid strat work.

[edit on 22-3-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
How about some Metal! in my view its the best type of music... go on try it!

Water down is a good band its a good start!

Rock ON!

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

by "new," I don't neccesarily mean just released.

Feel free to post older music as well. There is a lot of great older stuff that people may be in the dark about. This threads mission is to turn people on to music that may be new to them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join