It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officer in NY Shooting: 'I had no choice'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Officer in NY Shooting: 'I had no choice'

www.rawstory.com

Isnora fired 11 shots. Oliver unleashed 31 shots, including the one that killed Bell, and Cooper fired four times. Two other officers also fired but have not been charged.

No gun was found in Bell's car. A lawyer representing Bell's parents called Isnora's testimony "a creation of his own imagination."

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21-3-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
This whole case is weird. This is the case where there is actually NO JURY hearing the case, because the justice system claimed that it was impossible to have a jury without bias.

As for the statements themselves---You "had no choice" but to unload an entire clip into an unarmed man leaving his bachelor party eh? 40+ rounds fired at someone who didn't even have a weapon? Just another case of thugs thinking a badge gives them the right to play Rambo.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The link no longer seems to be valid.

Is this an update an incident that was in the news a year or so back? Sounds familiar.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
that 'no jury without bias' line is BS.... the judge the lawyers the cops the victims... they are alllll bias....effing ucking lies

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Try the link in the OP, it works, the link in his comment (2nd post) is gakked.

Yeah, it's the case from 2006.

And I'll bet they all walk with a slap on the wrist...

[edit on 21-3-2008 by goosdawg]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

This whole case is weird. This is the case where there is actually NO JURY hearing the case, because the justice system claimed that it was impossible to have a jury without bias

That's BS. You think Moussaoui got an unbiased jury?

The truth is that these officers waived their right to a jury trial, and have therefore left their fate solely in the hands of the judge. And of course we all know that judges aren't biased.

Here is another example of the trickery in the legal system that gets cops off the hook...

Prosecutions by Attorneys Pose Dilemma

Readers of this thread might also be interested in this Commiesque, Big Brother article...

Tips From Public Help Nab Criminals

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

This case has Explosive potential. Because of the non-jury aspects of it, if these cops get off without punishment, I expect to see all hell break loose. These guys went WAY over the top here IMO, and it sounds like they're being given treatment that an average citizen off the street could never even dream of.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Maybe John Blaze can drop a hit like the Predator for the ocassion.

(Be advised. Linked material may not be suitable for younger members.)

Tear This M********* Up!

Also, on a side note. This image was taken right across the street from the bar at the beginning of Terminator 2, and th event actually interrupted shooting of the movie if I remember correctly.

[edit on 3/21/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Finally getting around to trial.

I too am interested to see the reaction of the populace to the eventual verdict. Seems like people forget soon after the initial event but either way someone will whip up a commotion at the end. My guess is that it will be proclaimed justified.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Thats Bs thoe, How the hell can the police waive a right to jury but the victims parents im sure didnt wanna waive right to a jury oh wait it doesnt work that way does it..... Insane!

Id want a jury, you'd want a jury, but if the Police dont want a jury then what, One man gets to decide justice..... great thats taking away more Americans out of the Mix to achieve a judgment...

This is a kick in the american people's Teeth!

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
the people on trial usually get to decide whether they want a jury or not. The difference is that most regular people would want a jury, not just a judge. Since these are police officers, it's different. They would rather be judged by someone on their side of the law, than judged by normal people that see through the BS.

Still, it's probably their decision to make... although Im not a lawyer, this is how it was explained to me in the past.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I remember this case and to be honest I dont know what to think. I am the first one to criticize police here for actions that I consider brutal to citizens, but to me in this case there is something that does not click.

This is not a case about race or nothing, the fact that so many shots were fired is indicative to me that this officers really thought that their lifes were in danger, and given the time, the date and the conditions that Mr. Bell was it is easy for the cops that determine that this guy is about to run them over with the vehicle.

Still I dont understand why the followed Mr. Bell to begin with, if it was not part of their task in the case they were investigating, I think that was their major mistake, but I'm never being a cop though.

Everything else is word of mouth, what the cops are telling against what Mr. Bell freinds are saying.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I went to high school with a person who's younger brother accidentally blew someone away with a shotgun at a keg party. The shooter opted to throw himself on the mercy of the judge as part of a lawyer-brokered agreement. If I remember correct, he got no jail, to the outrage of the victim's family.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

This is not a case about race or nothing, the fact that so many shots were fired is indicative to me that this officers really thought that their lifes were in danger, and given the time, the date and the conditions that Mr. Bell was it is easy for the cops that determine that this guy is about to run them over with the vehicle.

Still I dont understand why the followed Mr. Bell to begin with, if it was not part of their task in the case they were investigating, I think that was their major mistake, but I'm never being a cop though.

These cops were undercover, and drinking on duty as a part of their operation. They were in "thug character" mode and acted in that frame of mind.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Wow that video was disturbing. Those people didnt have the guts to face anything but innocent people. That footage was downright savage. Those people were nothing but cowards getting courage because of numbers. Just an excuse to vandalize terrorize and steal.

I think we are being set up. The elite now how to play us like a fine instrument. Notice none of the real issues that mean something to all of us are being brought up again in this election. The diversion this time? Race issue. Through years of set up we have had political correctness shoved so far up our rears, affirmative action shoved down our throats and people getting fearful to just walk through the mall in most big cities because the thugs have taken over...most feeling thinking people are going to be fed up. Over the top liberalism, making it cool for our youth to go down to the lowest bar and act like a thug instead of being decent people. Add to all that pressure; cases like this and the upcoming election.

My feeling is that it doesn't matter which side wins we are being ramped up for a race war. We are a bunch of chumps.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Star for your post. One of the things I distinctly remember about the L.A. riots were the firefighters getting attacked, just for trying to help people. They just couldn't believe it.

The only thing that I have to point out, is the question why people would act so irrationally. Poverty has done this to America. And poverty is caused by the people who will never have to walk down these streets, or face what they have done. They have bled this country dry of all its resources and wealth, and the integrity of the people who fell into the abyss first.

[edit on 3/21/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Star for your post. One of the things I distinctly remember about the L.A. riots were the firefighters getting attacked, just for trying to help people. They just couldn't believe it.

Yeah buddy. Those brother and sisters at LAFD were just trying to do the right thing. I have never meant a firefighter that does his/her job for anything but to do the right thing. To see those people hurt over a verdict was terrible.

This thread got me all fired up because I see that the media is going to create some serious racial tension this year and the elections will get the heat off the elite and we will be fighting each other. I finally see the big picture I have been trying to figure out why Hollywood has been emasculating white males for years while making the black male look strong.

Crashing the economy isn't the end game.

Neither is the war or terrorism. They are all diversions.

The race war will bring about the end game and martial law.

The majority will not see it coming.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox

These cops were undercover, and drinking on duty as a part of their operation. They were in "thug character" mode and acted in that frame of mind.

That makes absolutely NO difference to the outcome. Pay an individual within the public to do the same, and if they screw up, they pay no less for the crime.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I dont blame the cops for not wanting a jury. A good part of society hates cops just for doing their job. Face the reality, police don't screw people over as often as society makes it out to be.

The rodney king incident is a horrible example. 99% of the time you don't see the entire tape where he was resisting. He has since been arrested several times and also been shot. The guys obviously a low that probably would have been better off being shot that night. If half of you knew the slightest thing, you'd know when someone puts up a fight adrenaline kicks in. Yes it was unprofessional of the cops to do. They all should have been suspended. But it takes 2 to tango.

Theres so much anti-cop rhetoric on ats its ridiculous. There many of us that spend time analyzing information and try to avoid being bias, yet the whack jobs ruin the reputation of those that truly want to deny ignorance.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AndrewTB

Theres so much anti-cop rhetoric on ats its ridiculous. There many of us that spend time analyzing information and try to avoid being bias, yet the whack jobs ruin the reputation of those that truly want to deny ignorance.

I'll never put on a uniform again. I was beat down by two locals while standing on my own front porch. They zapped me ten times, kicked me in the head repeatedly, and gave me a general workover. Believe me, I know the drill, I gave them no reasonable cause to do what they did.

EDIT to add: And that was just the culmination of my dissilusionment.

[edit on 3/22/0808 by jackinthebox]

top topics

join