It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Posting UFO videos and photos - guidelines?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
To help finish off a fairly large article about infamous photos/videos of aliens and UFOs, I'm looking for some guidelines which I'm sure I've read here on ATS by one of the moderators (possibly even in one of the sticky threads) for those posting UFO videos and photos.

As I recall, the relevant guidelines urged those posting UFO videos and photos not merely to post something like "Cool video" but suggested some of the things that should be included, such as a description of the content of the video/photo.

Can anyone remember where those guidelines are?

Or do any of you have suggestions for those photos or videos of aliens/ufos? What should their posts include?

I'll be including a few suggestions of my own in my article...

Kind Regards,

Isaac

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Well, I've some guidelines on posting videos in the 9/11 forum.

I think the points made there are applicable to posting videos on ATS generally. I thought I'd seem something similiar in this forum already, but haven't been able to find it.

Guidelines suggested by AgentSmith here:

When members post links to videos, will you please also write a short description of the video and your own opinion of it. We seem to be getting more and more posts which simply say "Watch this Video" with a link and nothing else.
This is not really a helpful start for discussion and some people (like me) will simply not bother to go any further.
Think about it this way, what would you think if you went into a Video rental store and there were just rows of blank DVD cases without titles or descriptions?

So remember:

* Link
* Description
* Review/Opinion

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Here ya go, This is from the Terms and Conditions that we all have to agree to when we join.

1i.) Videos: While we do allow video embedding, as long as the content of the video meets the requirements of these Terms and Conditions, you will not embed a video with no commentary from you that describes the video and why it is germane to the topic of the thread.

I see you already found an explanation as to why, I just wanted to post the rule itself.

[edit on 24-3-2008 by Lotiki]

new topics

join